Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-return-school

If he really is a mid second round pick per the linked article, my advice is don't hesitate—enter the draft Eric.
    Funny how the most popular opinion as far as I can tell among BYU fans over the years was that Plaisted left "too early" and was "stupid" for not coming back even though he was actually drafted in the second round before going to Europe to make money. But Eric Mika is still an iffy second round possibility and it seems most message board fans are saying he should go. The end result will be the exact same -- Europe. Plaisted actually had a degree though.
    Last edited by BlueK; 05-12-2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Funny how the most popular opinion as far as I can tell among BYU fans over the years was the Plaisted left "too early" and was "stupid" for not coming back even though he was actually drafted in the second round before going to Europe to make money. But Eric Mika is still an iffy second round possibility and it seems most message board fans are saying he should go. The end result will be the exact same -- Europe. Plaisted actually had a degree though.
      I don't think he should go. I think he is being stupid. He may just not be the sharpest tool in the shed. Either way I will root for him to succeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        Funny how the most popular opinion as far as I can tell among BYU fans over the years was that Plaisted left "too early" and was "stupid" for not coming back even though he was actually drafted in the second round before going to Europe to make money. But Eric Mika is still an iffy second round possibility and it seems most message board fans are saying he should go. The end result will be the exact same -- Europe. Plaisted actually had a degree though.
        He served a mission in Italy. Maybe he likes it over there.

Comment

• I am assuming Shroyer is coming back to run the defense. Does Quincy now switch to offense and Nashifs position? Or does that go to Lacomb?
          *Banned*

Comment

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-return-school

If he really is a mid second round pick per the linked article, my advice is don't hesitate—enter the draft Eric.
            As usual you think you know better than the experts, but you're demonstrably full of crap. You think an NBA second rounder is set for life? The odds are long Mika would make any NBA team. Europe would pay him substantially less than 100,000 per year. How long would that last? Then he'd have no college education. If he prioritizes school, a basketball player of his ability can make a lot more elsewhere in the new economy than in basketball.

The biggest problem with this country is not enough people accept the reality that lack of education is the main thing that separates haves and have nots these days. But if you work hard on your education, you can do very well. And who knows, if Mika keeps working on his game in college he may be a better NBA prospect when he uses up his eligibility.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              As usual you think you know better than the experts, but you're demonstrably full of crap. You think an NBA second rounder is set for life? The odds are long Mika would make any NBA team. Europe would pay him substantially less than 100,000 per year. How long would that last? Then he'd have no college education. If he prioritizes school, a basketball player of his ability can make a lot more elsewhere in the new economy than in basketball.

The biggest problem with this country is not enough people accept the reality that lack of education is the main thing that separates haves and have nots these days. But if you work hard on your education, you can do very well. And who knows, if Mika keeps working on his game in college he may be a better NBA prospect when he uses up his eligibility.
              Agreed. They pay nothing in Europe

https://www.talkbasket.net/salaries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Agreed. They pay nothing in Europe

https://www.talkbasket.net/salaries

Your figures are as misleading as if you had listed the top 30 salaries for NBA players. If he can get into that class, more power to him. The odds are long, like I said.

http://sportsagentblog.com/2012/07/3...-go-to-europe/
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Your figures are as misleading as if you had listed the top 30 salaries for NBA players. If he can get into that class, more power to him. The odds are long, like I said.

http://sportsagentblog.com/2012/07/3...-go-to-europe/
                  Your own link contradicts your statement about the Euro league paying "substantially less than 100k" in fact he uses 100k as his example. Not to mention that article is 5 years old, you think salaries are increasing or decreasing?

*Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    Your own link contradicts your statement about the Euro league paying "substantially less than 100k" in fact he uses 100k as his example. Not to mention that article is 5 years old, you think salaries are increasing or decreasing?

Those salaries haven't changed by much. It says they CAN get up to $100,000, but start at $65,000. You think that's a lot of money?

For the top 30 players in the highest echelon of a professional sport in a continent those are weak numbers you posted.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Those salaries haven't changed by much. It says they CAN get up to $100,000, but start at $65,000. You think that's a lot of money?

For the top 30 players in the highest echelon of a professional sport in a continent those are weak numbers you posted.
                      $65K is a rookie salary for guys that would never sniff the NBA. Fringe NBA guys that go over make a lot of dough. Mike is definitely a fringe NBA guy.

Comment

• His family is loaded. He doesn't need the money. That's what makes this a little more puzzling.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          His family is loaded. He doesn't need the money. That's what makes this a little more puzzling.

is his dad the ron mika at sorenson?
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            His family is loaded. He doesn't need the money. That's what makes this a little more puzzling.

Seriously I don't get why Mika wouldn't want one more year of BYU glory. He's never gonna have as much fun in the rest of his life as he has playing college ball. After this it's just gonna be a grind playing in Europe with a bunch of random dudes he doesn't know that well or like very much.

Comment

Your assumption as to the reasoning why my advice is that Mika enter the draft, if he has any kind of guarantee to be taken in the second round, demonstrates, per usual, you're an idiot. You're the Donald Trump of sports message boards.

Mika wants to play in the NBA. It's likely been his dream since he was a wee lad. It's clear, that's his primary motivation. Money doesn't seem to be a major factor, because by all accounts, his family has money—lot's of it. So, if you are 23 years old, and your dream is to play in the NBA, and you have any kind of guarantee of being taken in the second round, you enter the draft.

Comment

Your assumption as to the reasoning..., demonstrates, per usual, you're an idiot.
                                Good post.

Comment

Working...
                                X