Why does BYU play in SLC ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • OceanBlue
    Junior Member
    • May 2012
    • 860

    #1

    Why does BYU play in SLC ?

    Playing VTech and there are plenty of empty seats. Would Provo have more folks in stands ?
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #2
    I don't know, but Haws apparently likes playing there. Wow.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • OceanBlue
      Junior Member
      • May 2012
      • 860

      #3
      I agree, what a performence. Whats he got 28 in the first half ? One more point then Tech ?

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69711

        #4
        Tyler Haws. WOW.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • DU Ute
          RIP CUF
          • Dec 2008
          • 7393

          #5
          Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
          Playing VTech and there are plenty of empty seats. Would Provo have more folks in stands ?
          We don't want what you're selling.
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69711

            #6
            Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
            We don't want what you're selling.
            Pretty good crowd here now. SLC folks must be anxious to see some decent college ball.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • snowcat
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 1348

              #7
              Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
              Playing VTech and there are plenty of empty seats. Would Provo have more folks in stands ?
              It is easier to get bigger teams to agree to a game in SLC than a true home game.
              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

              Woot

              I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
              SU

              Comment

              • All-American
                Right, as Usual
                • Nov 2008
                • 15666

                #8
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Pretty good crowd here now. SLC folks must be anxious to see some decent college ball.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #9
                  Maybe they should play in SLC more often.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • CardiacCoug
                    вот так штука
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 11013

                    #10
                    That was fun. I love the games at ESA -- great not having to make the drive down to Provo.

                    THaws is the man.

                    Comment

                    • UtahDan
                      *
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14496

                      #11
                      VT has completely fallen apart. They had some very nice early season wins but have been terrible over the last half dozen or so games. Will this game help BYU's RPI? I have to think it will.

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69711

                        #12
                        Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                        VT has completely fallen apart. They had some very nice early season wins but have been terrible over the last half dozen or so games. Will this game help BYU's RPI? I have to think it will.
                        It would be nice if they get their act together and win some games in the ACC. They are weak up front so they clearly decided to monster Davies down low which repeatedly left Haws wide open and he was red hot.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          It would be nice if they get their act together and win some games in the ACC. They are weak up front so they clearly decided to monster Davies down low which repeatedly left Haws wide open and he was red hot.
                          I was shocked at how they consistently left Haws open even after he hit the first 3 or 4 bombs.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • kccougar
                            9262
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7020

                            #14
                            My daughter was so embarrassed that I wore my VT hat.
                            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                            Comment

                            • Blueintheface
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 15382

                              #15
                              Sharp's second half dunk was #3 on the ESPN Top 10. Slow sports day.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                              Comment

                              Working...