What are you BYU hoops expectations for 2012-13?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #16
    Cautiously optimistic, slightly constipated.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #17
      After watching the two preseason games, I think BYU is going to be doing well to match last season's results.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • The_Douger
        Athletic Supporter
        • Jun 2012
        • 5413

        #18
        I think Haws will mean a better year than last. Maybe he gets mission legs, but I'm pretty optimistic.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

        Comment

        • jay santos
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 13652

          #19
          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          After watching the two preseason games, I think BYU is going to be doing well to match last season's results.
          Yeah, it's tough to tell in preseason, but I'm not too impressed. Not jumping off a ledge over it, but slightly less optimistic than I was two weeks ago.

          Comment

          • Flystripper
            Degenerate Gambler
            • Nov 2008
            • 14089

            #20
            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            Yeah, it's tough to tell in preseason, but I'm not too impressed. Not jumping off a ledge over it, but slightly less optimistic than I was two weeks ago.
            It is pretty clear that we are going to miss the consistency of Noah.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

            Comment

            • Blueintheface
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 15382

              #21
              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              Yeah, it's tough to tell in preseason, but I'm not too impressed. Not jumping off a ledge over it, but slightly less optimistic than I was two weeks ago.
              The football program has scarred your soul, Jay. Don't worry, Rose has got this.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

              Comment

              • Katy Lied
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 9435

                #22
                For me, this year should be all Haws all the time, with a sprinkle of Nate mixed in. I hope Nate can play tall, and quit crashing to the floor.

                I would also be intriqued if Rose can git him some Kaufusi enforcement. It might be Araujo redux.

                Comment

                • Green Monstah
                  Royal Rooter
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 13955

                  #23
                  I gave this question a little more thought, and I think I'm expecting less of this team. Hartsock was so huge for us over and over again last year.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                  "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                  Comment

                  • dixdog
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 112

                    #24
                    I think Davies is going to have a better senior year than Arujo had. I fully expect him to lead BYU back to the tourney.

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #25
                      Originally posted by dixdog View Post
                      I think Davies is going to have a better senior year than Arujo had. I fully expect him to lead BYU back to the tourney.
                      I think Davies will be a monster this year. His production will make up for some of the loss of Noah. And I am hopeful that the other guys step just enough to make up the rest. He was a big loss, but Haws helps ease that quite a bit. Hopefully Carlino and Austin make marked improvements.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • kccougar
                        9262
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7020

                        #26
                        Davies has played a limited role in the two preseason games. I'm not sure that we've really seen what this team is going to look like in a competitive situation.
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #27
                          Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                          Davies has played a limited role in the two preseason games. I'm not sure that we've really seen what this team is going to look like in a competitive situation.
                          And in that limited role he has been dominant. Granted the competition sucked, but he was scoring at will. We just need him to stay out of foul trouble. And out of the opposite sex.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Eddie
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 8098

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            And in that limited role he has been dominant. Granted the competition sucked, but he was scoring at will. We just need him to stay out of foul trouble. And out of the opposite sex.
                            I thought you were going to say that he needed to stay out of foul trouble on the court and NOT score at will off of it.

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              I thought you were going to say that he needed to stay out of foul trouble on the court and NOT score at will off of it.
                              That works too.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Goatnapper'96
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10924

                                #30
                                Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                                Davies has played a limited role in the two preseason games. I'm not sure that we've really seen what this team is going to look like in a competitive situation.
                                I would rather have Noah, but I am convinced Davies will be much better, individually, this season than either Noah and himself from last year. Further, with Haws back BYU has at least one consistent reliable shooter from the 3, who while not having the ability to take it to the rack like Kobe, he does have a very potent mid-range game that defenders closing out will have to be concerned about. To me the key boils down to Carlino. If Carlino's decision making improves and he can hit the open jumper and continue to be able to penetrate when needed, BYU will be better than last year, IMO.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

                                I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

                                Comment

                                Working...