• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is BYU releasing a schedule?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      My brother said he has lost a lot of weight. Good he didn't get back in September.
      I like Tyler but IMO if he is the best player on BYU's team the team will peak much the Rose coached teams from 2007-2009. However, if he is the #2 or #3 guy, there will be many "good, good nites!"

Help us Matty Carlino and Jabari Parker, your our only hopes!
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        When is BYU releasing a schedule?
        Basketball doesn't have the motto of showing up to play the games on the days and at the times they are scheduled!

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING SCHEDULES!

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          When is BYU releasing a schedule?
          Non-Con schedule released.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=2120...rence-schedule

BYU Basketball 2012-13 Non-Conference Schedule
          Date Opponent Location
          Oct. 24 Cougar Tipoff Provo, Utah
          Oct. 26 Southeast Oklahoma State* Provo, Utah
          Nov. 3 Findlay* Provo, Utah
          Nov. 9 Tennessee State** Provo, Utah
          Nov. 13 Georgia State** Provo, Utah
          Nov. 16 Florida State, Notre Dame, Saint Joseph's** Brooklyn, N.Y.
          Nov. 17 Florida State, Notre Dame, Saint Joseph's** Brooklyn, N.Y.
          Nov. 21 UT San Antonio Provo, Utah
          Nov. 24 Cal State Northridge Provo, Utah
          Nov. 28 Montana*** Salt Lake City, Utah
          Dec. 1 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa
          Dec. 5 Utah State Provo, Utah
          Dec. 8 Utah Provo, Utah
          Dec. 15 at Weber State Ogden, Utah
          Dec. 18 Eastern New Mexico Provo, Utah
          Dec. 21 at Baylor Waco, Texas
          Dec. 27 Northern Arizona Provo, Utah
          Dec. 29 Virginia Tech*** Salt Lake City, Utah
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Non-Con schedule released.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=2120...rence-schedule

BYU Basketball 2012-13 Non-Conference Schedule
            Date Opponent Location
            Oct. 24 Cougar Tipoff Provo, Utah
            Oct. 26 Southeast Oklahoma State* Provo, Utah
            Nov. 3 Findlay* Provo, Utah
            Nov. 9 Tennessee State** Provo, Utah
            Nov. 13 Georgia State** Provo, Utah
            Nov. 16 Florida State, Notre Dame, Saint Joseph's** Brooklyn, N.Y.
            Nov. 17 Florida State, Notre Dame, Saint Joseph's** Brooklyn, N.Y.
            Nov. 21 UT San Antonio Provo, Utah
            Nov. 24 Cal State Northridge Provo, Utah
            Nov. 28 Montana*** Salt Lake City, Utah
            Dec. 1 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa
            Dec. 5 Utah State Provo, Utah
            Dec. 8 Utah Provo, Utah
            Dec. 15 at Weber State Ogden, Utah
            Dec. 18 Eastern New Mexico Provo, Utah
            Dec. 21 at Baylor Waco, Texas
            Dec. 27 Northern Arizona Provo, Utah
            Dec. 29 Virginia Tech*** Salt Lake City, Utah
            If we are planning on sticking around in the WCC, we gotta do better than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              If we are planning on sticking around in the WCC, we gotta do better than that.
              They have a few quality non-traditional games (Baylor, VT, ISU), although none in Provo. They have the typical slate of tune-ups to pad the W-L record and get some momentum for the team. They have Utah/Utah State/Weber State for those who like the local match-ups. It seems pretty typical to me; what would you change?
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                They have a few quality non-traditional games (Baylor, VT, ISU), although none in Provo. They have the typical slate of tune-ups to pad the W-L record and get some momentum for the team. They have Utah/Utah State/Weber State for those who like the local match-ups. It seems pretty typical to me; what would you change?
                Yes, it is pretty typical. That is the problem. We need to schedule tougher to make up for the crap conference schedule in the WCC.

Comment

Yes, it is pretty typical. That is the problem. We need to schedule tougher to make up for the crap conference schedule in the WCC.
                  The 12-13 Coug team isn't good enough to handle a schedule tougher than this. Save your death wishes for the 2013 football squad.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    The 12-13 Coug team isn't good enough to handle a schedule tougher than this. Save your death wishes for the 2013 football squad.

Comment

I hear you. On the flipside, though, I, as a fan of the yet-to-finish-higher-than-third-place-in-the-WCC Cougars, would like to see BYU win the WCC at least once before I discredit the conference schedule too much. I also think reasonable minds can differ on that.
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Anyone have any insight on Ian Harward or Agustin Ambrosino? With Rogers and Collingsworth banged up, we may need these guys. I am not sure if they were highly sought after or if much is expected of them. Are looking at the second comings of Vuk Ivanovic and Logan Magnusson? Or is more expected?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Anyone have any insight on Ian Harward or Agustin Ambrosino? With Rogers and Collingsworth banged up, we may need these guys. I am not sure if they were highly sought after or if much is expected of them. Are looking at the second comings of Vuk Ivanovic and Logan Magnusson? Or is more expected?
                          I believe that the starter at 4 will be either Chris Collinsworth or Nate Austin. I think that Ambrosino was brought in with similar ability as Magnusson - but without nearly as cool a world strongman competition name. I don't think anyone is planning for AA to be anything other than a 10-15 mpg guy who has some fouls and could stretch defenses with his perimeter shooting ability. He should be better inside than Logan because he is taller but he is not coming to BYU to be a key contributor.

I think Harward is thought to have some long term potential to perhaps one day develop into a starter. I think Harward's expectations are similar to what BYU thought when they brought in James Anderson. A really tall kid that shows enough athletic ability that perhaps with the hard work and development might one day be good enough to be a starter. It didn't work out for Big Game James - although he had some good moments for BYU. Time will tell with Harward. But with the glut of good young centers that BYU is likely to have I will be surprised if he gets a good shot to move above the 3rd best option at center for a couple of years. Then again I might be buying into the hype concerning Mika and Dastrup a bit too much. If Collinsworth is really getting healthy I think Harward will be behind Davies, Austin and probably even Collinsworth at the 5 this year. The next two years he has both Austin and Collinsworth around and BYU will likely have Mika and Dastrup for year as true freshman as well. Harward could still get some minutes as he is still very tall and still has 5 fouls but it might just boil down that BYU has more capable all around players to throw into the 5.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                            I believe that the starter at 4 will be either Chris Collinsworth or Nate Austin. I think that Ambrosino was brought in with similar ability as Magnusson - but without nearly as cool a world strongman competition name. I don't think anyone is planning for AA to be anything other than a 10-15 mpg guy who has some fouls and could stretch defenses with his perimeter shooting ability. He should be better inside than Logan because he is taller but he is not coming to BYU to be a key contributor.

I think Harward is thought to have some long term potential to perhaps one day develop into a starter. I think Harward's expectations are similar to what BYU thought when they brought in James Anderson. A really tall kid that shows enough athletic ability that perhaps with the hard work and development might one day be good enough to be a starter. It didn't work out for Big Game James - although he had some good moments for BYU. Time will tell with Harward. But with the glut of good young centers that BYU is likely to have I will be surprised if he gets a good shot to move above the 3rd best option at center for a couple of years. Then again I might be buying into the hype concerning Mika and Dastrup a bit too much. If Collinsworth is really getting healthy I think Harward will be behind Davies, Austin and probably even Collinsworth at the 5 this year. The next two years he has both Austin and Collinsworth around and BYU will likely have Mika and Dastrup for year as true freshman as well. Harward could still get some minutes as he is still very tall and still has 5 fouls but it might just boil down that BYU has more capable all around players to throw into the 5.
                            Thanks, I hope BYU gets Dastrup but that doesn't sound like a given. He would be a huge recruit. It sounds like they have a good shot at the center from Wisconsin too. What is your take on Braiden Shaw? Did BYU offer too early or does this kid have some Idaho skills for banging underneath ala Brady Jardine?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Thanks, I hope BYU gets Dastrup but that doesn't sound like a given. He would be a huge recruit. It sounds like they have a good shot at the center from Wisconsin too. What is your take on Braiden Shaw? Did BYU offer too early or does this kid have some Idaho skills for banging underneath ala Brady Jardine?
                              I think it is foregone conclusion that Dastrup goes to Provo. I will be enormously surprised if a talented mormon kid from Mesa whose dad posts on Cougarboard.com chooses to play elsewhere given that BYU is a really good program right now with a really good HC. Perhaps I am counting chickens before they hatch, but for what reason would Dastrup not go to Provo? It has lots of mormon pelt frosting for the licking, a great hoops atmosphere, a likely chance to play on many big stages including second weekend games in the big dance and a great head coach.

I don't know much about Braiden Shaw. It appears to me that BYU is getting a glut of 4/5 kids between the next two recruiting classes. I have also spoken of the high numbers of kids BYU has that will be serving missions in the next 2-5 years. Some years I think BYU might welcome back 3-4 RMs to scholarship, that strikes me as not a great idea but I am pretty confident it will work out ok. I don't think Rose is stupid.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                                I think it is foregone conclusion that Dastrup goes to Provo. I will be enormously surprised if a talented mormon kid from Mesa whose dad posts on Cougarboard.com chooses to play elsewhere given that BYU is a really good program right now with a really good HC. Perhaps I am counting chickens before they hatch, but for what reason would Dastrup not go to Provo? It has lots of mormon pelt frosting for the licking, a great hoops atmosphere, a likely chance to play on many big stages including second weekend games in the big dance and a great head coach.

I don't know much about Braiden Shaw. It appears to me that BYU is getting a glut of 4/5 kids between the next two recruiting classes. I have also spoken of the high numbers of kids BYU has that will be serving missions in the next 2-5 years. Some years I think BYU might welcome back 3-4 RMs to scholarship, that strikes me as not a great idea but I am pretty confident it will work out ok. I don't think Rose is stupid.
                                I don't follow CB anymore, but who is Dastrup's dad over there?
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X