What seed should the Cougs get?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UtahDan
    *
    • Nov 2008
    • 14496

    #1

    What seed should the Cougs get?

    Just asking Sizzles question a slightly different way. Trying to gauge personal opinions as opposed to expectations.
    57
    1
    1.75%
    1
    2
    24.56%
    14
    3
    45.61%
    26
    4
    24.56%
    14
    5
    1.75%
    1
    6
    0.00%
    0
    7
    1.75%
    1
    8
    0.00%
    0

    The poll is expired.

  • jay santos
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 13652

    #2
    It all depends on if we're evaluated on

    1. our resume. In which case we should be a 2 maybe a 3.
    2. how good we are right now, which nobody really knows but could be anywhere from a 5 to a 7.
    3. something in between.

    Comment

    • beefytee
      Board eye candy
      • Mar 2009
      • 7542

      #3
      I actually like this bracket:

      CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2026 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.


      The only wish I would have was that it was in the West bracket (Anaheim instead or New Orleans).

      Pitt would be a tough match up for us, but pretty much any #1 seed would be.

      Comment

      • Viking
        Banned
        • Jun 2009
        • 6470

        #4
        Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        I actually like this bracket:

        CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2026 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.


        The only wish I would have was that it was in the West bracket (Anaheim instead or New Orleans).

        Pitt would be a tough match up for us, but pretty much any #1 seed would be.
        Ooh. I'd take that bracket and put some $$ down.

        Comment

        • old_gregg
          scaly man fish
          • Nov 2009
          • 16915

          #5
          anybody that voted five is either top ute and several of his gimmick accounts, or living in a different universe. santos, i know you're preparing yourself for what seems to be the inevitable boning on sunday bloody sunday, but 5-7? that is insanity. this team gets a three.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #6
            I'm going with 4.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • CardiacCoug
              вот так штука
              • Nov 2008
              • 11013

              #7
              So are BYU and Utah State going to be the first 30-win teams in history to NOT get a 1 or 2 seed?

              I think BYU deserves a 3 or 4 with no Davies.

              Comment

              • Maximus
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 6024

                #8
                Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                So are BYU and Utah State going to be the first 30-win teams in history to NOT get a 1 or 2 seed?

                I think BYU deserves a 3 or 4 with no Davies.
                If purdue deserves a 3 still no way we should even be considered for anything lower than a 3

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #9
                  Only that to which they are legally and lawfully wedded.
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • hostile
                    lollygagger
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 5736

                    #10
                    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    Only that to which they are legally and lawfully wedded.
                    Marrying your own seed has been illegal for some time now, I believe.
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                    Comment

                    • wuapinmon
                      Soul Plumber
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 30711

                      #11
                      Originally posted by hostile View Post
                      Marrying your own seed has been illegal for some time now, I believe.
                      I wasn't talking about people.
                      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                      Comment

                      • OrangeUte
                        Max Hall hates me.
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2294

                        #12
                        Joe Lunardi picks BYU as 3 seed playing wofford in the first round and Kansas State/Michigan State winner in the second. I would like to see a Fredette/Pullen rematch.

                        Comment

                        • Jarid in Cedar
                          CS Institutional Memory
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 13234

                          #13
                          I said a "4" because at this time of year the committee considers who you are right now. If BYU plays the whole season without Davies they probably have 2, maybe 3 more losses, which would put them ranked in the 13-17 range.

                          If you go off the whole body of work, they would be a low 2 or high 3.
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                          -Rick Majerus

                          Comment

                          • Jarid in Cedar
                            CS Institutional Memory
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 13234

                            #14
                            When is the bracket announcement anyway?
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                            -Rick Majerus

                            Comment

                            • MartyFunkhouser
                              Disciple of RNGesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18757

                              #15
                              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              So are BYU and Utah State going to be the first 30-win teams in history to NOT get a 1 or 2 seed?

                              I think BYU deserves a 3 or 4 with no Davies.
                              Utah St obviously will be in that group because I'm not even sure they deserve a 10 seed let alone a 1 or 2.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

                              Comment

                              Working...