Utes going to a private scrimmage vs Arizona

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • U-Ute
    Non member
    • Aug 2009
    • 2071

    #1

    Utes going to a private scrimmage vs Arizona

    I've never heard of such a thing before.

    I think this is a good thing. Much better than playing some disinterested ex-college scrubs.
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #2
    Interesting. Yes, I think it's a good idea.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

    Comment

    • CardiacCoug
      вот так штука
      • Nov 2008
      • 11013

      #3
      Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
      I've never heard of such a thing before.

      I think this is a good thing. Much better than playing some disinterested ex-college scrubs.
      BYU and Jimmer made Arizona look worse than "some disinterested ex-college scrubs" last season.

      But yeah, your guys will really struggle against that team so a scrimmage is a good idea.

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #4
        Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        BYU and Jimmer made Arizona look worse than "some disinterested ex-college scrubs" last season.

        But yeah, your guys will really struggle against that team so a scrimmage is a good idea.
        Arizona would handle BYU this year. They play a similar game, but Arizona has more race horses and their young studs are a year older.
        Last edited by SeattleUte; 10-31-2010, 11:23 AM.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • CardiacCoug
          вот так штука
          • Nov 2008
          • 11013

          #5
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Arizona would handle BYU this year. They play a similar game, but Arizona has more race horses and their young studs are a year older.
          It's not a hypothetical question. We play on December 11 at ESA and BYU will be favored by at least 10-15 points.

          Comment

          • Portland Ute
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 5647

            #6
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            Arizona would handle BYU this year. They play a similar game, but Arizona has more race horses and their young studs are a year older.
            BYU will kill Arizona at ESA this season.

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #7
              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              It's not a hypothetical question. We play on December 11 at ESA and BYU will be favored by at least 10-15 points.
              Okay, I didn't know that. I'll reserve judgment. What's the ESA?
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • CardiacCoug
                вот так штука
                • Nov 2008
                • 11013

                #8
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Okay, I didn't know that. I'll reserve judgment. What's the ESA?
                Energy Solutions Arena (formerly the Delta Center).

                You never know, but Arizona looked pretty outmanned by BYU last year. I have no doubt that Sean Miller will eventually turn things around at Arizona, but it will probably take a few years.

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #9
                  Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  Energy Solutions Arena (formerly the Delta Center).

                  You never know, but Arizona looked pretty outmanned by BYU last year. I have no doubt that Sean Miller will eventually turn things around at Arizona, but it will probably take a few years.
                  No, it will take until maybe next year. He's recruiting off the charts, picking up right where Lute left off. This will be BYU's last chance to get a piece of them. They will soon be a if not the dominant program in the Pac.

                  Also, it's not the same Arizona team. For one thing, they've added a bunch of talented players. I predict Arizona wins. BYU will be a one trick pony this year.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • SeattleUte
                    Faith crisis consultant
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 20837

                    #10
                    Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    It's not a hypothetical question. We play on December 11 at ESA and BYU will be favored by at least 10-15 points.
                    BYU won't be favored by 10-15 points. It may well be an underdog.

                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                    --Jonathan Swift

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #11
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      BYU won't be favored by 10-15 points. It may well be an underdog.

                      http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...redicti_2.html
                      LOL. Do you know how bad the Pac 10 is?
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Coach McGuirk
                        1
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 12109

                        #12
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        Arizona would handle BYU this year. They play a similar game, but Arizona has more race horses and their young studs are a year older.
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        Okay, I didn't know that. I'll reserve judgment. What's the ESA?
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        No, it will take until maybe next year. He's recruiting off the charts, picking up right where Lute left off. This will be BYU's last chance to get a piece of them. They will soon be a if not the dominant program in the Pac.

                        Also, it's not the same Arizona team. For one thing, they've added a bunch of talented players. I predict Arizona wins. BYU will be a one trick pony this year.
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        BYU won't be favored by 10-15 points. It may well be an underdog.

                        http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...redicti_2.html
                        Lol.

                        Comment

                        • jay santos
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 13652

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          Lol.
                          I love the back pedalling. This will be a fun thread to revisit after the game.

                          Comment

                          • BGRTHNUMEGO
                            Junior Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 3670

                            #14
                            Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                            I've never heard of such a thing before.

                            I think this is a good thing. Much better than playing some disinterested ex-college scrubs.
                            I know UNC has done this the past two years. Not sure if they did it this year.

                            Comment

                            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                              Time to camp
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26082

                              #15
                              Back to the point of the thread. What is a private scrimmage? Are fans not allowed? Is this a clever way of getting around game limits by calling it a scrimmage?
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

                              Comment

                              Working...