Another ESPN Top 100 Mormon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    No doubt Utah has taken a step up but, eternal optimist that I am, I see the shift to the WCC as, at worst, a push. The top of the WCC is comparable to the MWC, and BYU will have substantially more national exposure than before. More mothers will be able to see their sons play.
    +1.

I have never understood this objection to moving to the WCC. Gonzaga hasn't had much of a problem with recruiting and that's with NO other decent schools (and recruiting to Spokane--probably a push with Provo). And the increased national coverage/exposure is big--Gonzaga has 13-14 games scheduled to be shown on ESPN this year.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
      Really? No chance?

Utah has a very proud basketball tradition. If Utah starts winning, why wouldn't a kid want to play in SLC for a PAC12 team?

I'm not saying it's going to start raining out of state LDS recruits, but to say that Utah will have "no chance" to land a Mormon kid from out of state seems a bit extreme, no?

I'm curious to see if BYU going to the WCC has any effect on basketball recruiting.

You have to admit that when it comes to Utah and BYU leaving the MWC, Utah's taken a step up in terms of conference prestige and BYU's taken a step down, right?

Regardless, I think Boylen's got his work cut out for him. Switching to a better conference is NOT going to be a magic recipe to rebuild the Runnin' Utes.

I wonder what Majerus could have done with recruiting in the PAC12.
      So Utah blows right now, just had the team gutted and filled it with panic JC players, setting it up to take at least 2 years longer to really build the program up because of how young the team is going to get in 2 more years, and they just moved to a tougher conference...and they are going to start winning any time soon?
      Last edited by BGRTHNUMEGO; 10-25-2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
        So Utah blows right now, just had the team gutted and filled it with panic JC players, setting it up to take at least 2 years longer to really build the program up because of how young the team is going to get in 2 more years, and they just moved to a tougher conference...and they are going to start winning any time soon?
        None of that matters because they have tradition remember Rick Majerus?
        *Banned*

Comment

What do you think of Jabari Parker landing at BYU with the switch to the WCC?

Will that have any effect?
          Its probably a minimal effect compared to a two division MWC with fresno, boise, and unr.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            None of that matters because they have tradition remember Rick Majerus?
            I really can't believe this coming from a BYU fan.

Comment

What do you think of Jabari Parker landing at BYU with the switch to the WCC?

Will that have any effect?
              Considering that we had a <10% chance to begin with? No. He'll either go to BYU for religious reasons or he won't go to BYU for basketball reasons. There are no basketball reasons to go to BYU for a kid at that level.

Comment

Working...
              X