Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    And now it is official.

So what now? Every scholarship next season is committed with the RMs coming back, correct? Does Andrus get grayshirted or is he a straight to mission now? Does someone get bumped into early retirement? Sharp? Winder?
    My prediction is if they are done recruiting Andrus either grayshirts or goes straight on a mission. If Rose can find a decent big to play next year either through JC, a potential mid year transfer or a kid who is a junior in eligibility but graduates after this year the we see either Sharp or Winder moved along or Worthington going on a mission.

One kid I wonder about is Neal Monson at SLCC. He could be a kid who might be willing to come in and play next year as a walk on if BYU promises him a scholarship his final two years. I thought I read he was average like 13/7 at SLCC. Not impressive numbers but it might be an option. My hope is Andrus grayshirts then goes on a mission and BYU finds a good JC big and pulls a scholarship from Sharp or Winder.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• I really like Aytes on the same team with a Nate Austin if for no other reason than irony. Aytes' game is what you expect from a 6'11 guy. Scores well on the block using his size (in this case girth) to his advantage. I think he fits well with what we need for next year if Mika goes on a mission.

Aytes has great strength and a nice touch with his right from a variety of angles and distances but does not show confidence in his left. His footwork is excellent and he makes himself very wide on the defensive glass.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
        I really like Aytes on the same team with a Nate Austin if for no other reason than irony. Aytes' game is what you expect from a 6'11 guy. Scores well on the block using his size (in this case girth) to his advantage. I think he fits well with what we need for next year if Mika goes on a mission.

Aytes has great strength and a nice touch with his right from a variety of angles and distances but does not show confidence in his left. His footwork is excellent and he makes himself very wide on the defensive glass.
        Pretty detailed analysis of Aytes when you have seen two highlight videos and about 6 minutes of game time at UNIV.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
        *Banned*

Comment

• youe don't give five years of scholarship money to a guy who contributes and improved as little as winder he is a goner.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Pretty detailed analysis of Aytes when you have seen two highlight videos and about 6 minutes of game time at UNIV.

It isn't completely my analysis.

Comment

I based mine on his other two videos on Youtube too.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

I based mine on his other two videos on Youtube too.
                It's pretty clear from footage online that he's not getting great lift but long arms and creative finish with his right seem to compensate. I really think he's a great addition to our team.

Comment

• UNLV papers questioning Dave Roses recruitment of Aytes.

http://cougarfan.com/article.asp?Art...kly-lands-byu/
                  *Banned*

Comment

• Dastrup and Toolson having big starts to the season.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/ri...-jake-toolson/

Jake Toolson, Gilbert Highland, 6-5, Sr., G: Dominated both Phoenix Desert Vista and Mesa last week. Had 30 points, 22 rebounds and five assists in a 59-53 win over Desert Vista, following that up with 39 points and 16 rebounds in a 67-59 win over a Mesa team ranked among the top 10 in Division I. Mesa coach Shane Burcar called Toolson the most dominant opponent one of his teams had gone up against since Phoenix North’s Daniel Bejarano.
                    Mesa Mountain View senior center Payton Dastrup had games of 25 and 26 points, including a 23-rebound game, as the Toros went 3-1 in a tournament in Edmonton, Canada, where coach Gary Ernst won his 800th career game. The 23 rebounds was a single-game school record.
                    *Banned*

Comment

• What in the world are these 23-22 rebound games? Are those common in high school? Toolson sounds legit- I don't care who they played. 39 points and 16 rebounds is legit in church ball, let alone Mesa.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Dastrup and Toolson having big starts to the season.

And Toolson is the one nobody talks about in this class. Pretty unreal.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Dastrup and Toolson having big starts to the season.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

And Toolson is the one nobody talks about in this class. Pretty unreal.
                            Nobody is talking about him because Dave Rose was worried about schollies and offered him late. He had offers from Boston College, Arizona State, Utah and Utah State. Also Sean Miller had watched him in person 3 times and made an in-home visit but had not offered by the time Toolson committed to BYU.
                            *Banned*

Comment

• This is crazy that our team is built on some serious "legacy" players. Dalton Nixon, the Haws boys, Toolson (he's a nephew, close enough), Jeff Chatman, etc. I love hearing the names of the players I grew up cheering for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                                This is crazy that our team is built on some serious "legacy" players. Dalton Nixon, the Haws boys, Toolson (he's a nephew, close enough), Jeff Chatman, etc. I love hearing the names of the players I grew up cheering for.
                                Yea, some great names along with some great statistics.

Do we have a very good point guard in the pipeline to make this all work?

Comment

Working...
                                X