No announcement yet.

bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, now I'll ask the educated few here what their thoughts are on Aytes. I know he was highly touted but was getting almost no run at UNLV. Can we expect much?
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      Sharp is my guess.
      That would be my preference. I think we could use Andrus next year. It'd be nice to see what we can do with senior Haws, Carlino and Austin.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, now I'll ask the educated few here what their thoughts are on Aytes. I know he was highly touted but was getting almost no run at UNLV. Can we expect much?
        First, the ignorant one will respond.

I will just say, read very little into the fact that he wasn't playing much for Las Vegas.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Ok, now I'll ask the educated few here what their thoughts are on Aytes. I know he was highly touted but was getting almost no run at UNLV. Can we expect much?
          I've just seen photos of the guy. He looks physical and athletic. I imagine he will be very helpful on the defensive side against the types of teams we've had trouble with this year. It's really too bad he's a year late. He was in a log jam at UNLV where we have a major hole.

Comment

Honestly if he was 3-4 inches taller he'd be a beast. He also wouldn't be playing for BYU though. He's a wide body who is a load on the block. He has great footwork and can finish with either hand well in the paint. He can also face up and knockdown the 15 footer. He's got an old man's game to be honest and plays below the rim using his body and the rim to to get off his shot. He's not a stretch 4. He's a 6'6" (maybe) back to the basket power forward.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              First, the ignorant one will respond.

I will just say, read very little into the fact that he wasn't playing much for Las Vegas.
              At UNLV he backed up Roscoe Smith who was a 4 star transfer from UCONN that played a lot on the national title team. He is a legit NBA prospect and leads the team in minutes.
              *Banned*

Comment

• Here's some video from the Adidas Invitational. He was a late bloomer and was headed to a JUCO until this tournament where he blew up and took home MVP honors.

-Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• With Neilson coming back this month, both he and Aytes will be able to play with the team the rest of this year, build chemistry and get accustomed to what Rose wants them to do. I imagine this will allow Andrus then the option of going straight on his mission out of high school or gray shirting. If Andrus does come in, I think Sharp or Winder as being one of the casualties. The reason Winder most likely will be the odd man out is due to Fischer being eligible and with the emergence of IV, he simply will not see any time.

Comment

• He's huge for that height. Rose will run him into shape I guess.

I also notice from the 2nd vid that he has the Davies/Austin defense down pat.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Train View Post
                        With Neilson coming back this month, both he and Aytes will be able to play with the team the rest of this year, build chemistry and get accustomed to what Rose wants them to do. I imagine this will allow Andrus then the option of going straight on his mission out of high school or gray shirting. If Andrus does come in, I think Sharp or Winder as being one of the casualties. The reason Winder most likely will be the odd man out is due to Fischer being eligible and with the emergence of IV, he simply will not see any time.
                        I keep forgetting about Fischer. Another potential wild card is whether or not Dastrup goes on a mission. Regardless, this is a great problem to have for Rose.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• So Aytes will be game-eligible in January 2015?
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            So Aytes will be game-eligible in January 2015?
                            As soon as finals are done next December. Same as Carlino.
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Train View Post
                              With Neilson coming back this month, both he and Aytes will be able to play with the team the rest of this year, build chemistry and get accustomed to what Rose wants them to do. I imagine this will allow Andrus then the option of going straight on his mission out of high school or gray shirting. If Andrus does come in, I think Sharp or Winder as being one of the casualties. The reason Winder most likely will be the odd man out is due to Fischer being eligible and with the emergence of IV, he simply will not see any time.
                              Winder offers some defensive help, has played better offensively, but he might be the odd man out. However, Rose is using Sharpe much more sparingly this year than Winder. For that reason, my speculation would be Sharpe. Does Fischer offer defensive help?

We shall see. In the sparing minutes Winder has played this year, he has had some very bright spots. Not true for Sharpe.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                Winder offers some defensive help, has played better offensively, but he might be the odd man out. However, Rose is using Sharpe much more sparingly this year than Winder. For that reason, my speculation would be Sharpe. Does Fischer offer defensive help?

We shall see. In the sparing minutes Winder has played this year, he has had some very bright spots. Not true for Sharpe.
                                People have been speculating about Winder for a few years now. He did redshirt one year so if he's graduating, it is possible that he could be the one to move on. But if he still has school left I think Rose would be reluctant to send him on his way.

Comment

Working...
                                X