bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    Ya well if Tawny Kittain ever gets my voice mail from the late 80's there is no reason for her to return my call. I moved on but even Lloyd Christmas liked his chances at one time. I think BYU could get the kid from Ole Miss but I really hope they can land Jose Perez, but I am skeptical with that one as well- just a long way away. I really hoped BYU could land Jarred Hyder but it was not meant to be.
    Here I go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya well if Tawny Kittain ever gets my voice mail from the late 80's there is no reason for her to return my call. I moved on but even Lloyd Christmas liked his chances at one time. I think BYU could get the kid from Ole Miss but I really hope they can land Jose Perez, but I am skeptical with that one as well- just a long way away. I really hoped BYU could land Jarred Hyder but it was not meant to be.
      yeah, i'm not too broken up about losing Hyder. I'd be happy with Perez as well.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Pope continuing to work it - BYU is in Georgetown transfer Mac McClung’s top seven:

Donovan Mitchell sez:

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
          Pope continuing to work it - BYU is in Georgetown transfer Mac McClung’s top seven:
          Does this kid have any connection to BYU at all or is this all Pope magic? So far Pope has exceeded my wildest expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
            Does this kid have any connection to BYU at all or is this all Pope magic? So far Pope has exceeded my wildest expectations.
            i can't think of any connection to byu other than being white. i also wouldn't go so far as to call it "magic" to get in his top 7, but hey at least it gives us hope. pope gets him i'll call him a magician - again.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              i can't think of any connection to byu other than being white. i also wouldn't go so far as to call it "magic" to get in his top 7, but hey at least it gives us hope. pope gets him i'll call him a magician - again.
              From what I can gather BYU would be a good place for him. It would give him a chance to be the PG/Primary ball handler and develop that skill set for his professional career. I still think he will go elsewhere, but I see why he is interested in BYU. If he comes, he does have a ways to improve his efficiency to be a good player. At Georgetown he was a bit of a gunner on a bad team. Pope also has a pretty good track record of helping kids to improve their efficiency and get better. He will have to redshirt a year so there is time for him to really come to understand what Pope wants him to do to get better and hopefully that would translate into fewer shots, a higher shooting percentage and more assists. If there is the occasional feats of athleticism not often seen in Provo- all the better but personally I just prefer boring players who are just good at the game.

If Pope can land him and also get a decent PG grad transfer you really have to believe that Pope is something special. It will also allow us to finally start speculating on what BYU hoops will actually be next season.

Saying all that wouldn't everyone what to do dinner with Pope and Bill Walton?
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

From what I can gather BYU would be a good place for him. It would give him a chance to be the PG/Primary ball handler and develop that skill set for his professional career. I still think he will go elsewhere, but I see why he is interested in BYU. If he comes, he does have a ways to improve his efficiency to be a good player. At Georgetown he was a bit of a gunner on a bad team. Pope also has a pretty good track record of helping kids to improve their efficiency and get better. He will have to redshirt a year so there is time for him to really come to understand what Pope wants him to do to get better and hopefully that would translate into fewer shots, a higher shooting percentage and more assists. If there is the occasional feats of athleticism not often seen in Provo- all the better but personally I just prefer boring players who are just good at the game.

If Pope can land him and also get a decent PG grad transfer you really have to believe that Pope is something special. It will also allow us to finally start speculating on what BYU hoops will actually be next season.

Saying all that wouldn't everyone what to do dinner with Pope and Bill Walton?
                Apparently, ain't none of us gonna be hung like McClung!

It sounds like Wade is healthy and planning to play next year but BYU still has one more scholarship to go and the portal is still as active as Jenna Jameson's sex life in her professional heyday!
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• It appears that Caleb Lohner has finally seen the light. Lol.

https://247sports.com/college/utah/A...LOI-147884526/

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    It appears that Caleb Lohner has finally seen the light. Lol.

https://247sports.com/college/utah/A...LOI-147884526/

Hmm....

Sources have also indicated that Lohner has asked to be released in order to join the BYU basketball program to play for Mark Pope. With his father being a former BYU basketball player himself, there are relationships and ties to the program.
                    What are the odds that K releases him?
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      1 in 80,000
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Hmm....

Doubtful. Of course he should probably have to sit a year for being so stupid as to go to the utes in the first place.

Comment

• You can have loehner RIGHT NOW if you take this insufferable coach with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                            You can have loehner RIGHT NOW if you take this insufferable coach with him.
                            you could get a lot of popes for $3.6mm
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                              You can have loehner RIGHT NOW if you take this insufferable coach with him.
                              This is crazy. Utah had a great recruiting year, right?
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I'd rather have lohner than mcclung. if this is true and he ends up at byu, it might be pope's biggest win. assuming there is no foul play going on as it relates to caleb coming and the hiring of lohner the elder.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X