bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
    He will be a rare athletic talent for BYU. He signs this November 9th, right?
    Probably. I guess if he's an early commit he'll be an early signee, too.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Unlike the Jackson's, Jabari and his family didn't act weird during the recruitment process. Maybe his dad having gone through it himself in the past had something to do with it.
      Jabari is a lot more likable thank Frank.

Comment

Pot meet kettle.
        Some would say that Lebowski doesn't take things seriously enough!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Some would say that Lebowski doesn't take things seriously enough!
          Nah, he's very uptight.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            as long as we are being specific about our wishes for Frank Jackson, I hope he is ACC freshman of the year, leads Duke in scoring and is a top 10 pick in the NBA draft. Just love his game.
            I agree! I hope he does all those things. What's the downside? Duke's games are always on TV. I'm trying to figure out why having an LDS kid from Utah kicking ass at Duke when I've got the game on anyway would be a bad thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              I agree! I hope he does all those things. What's the downside? Duke's games are always on TV. I'm trying to figure out why having an LDS kid from Utah kicking ass at Duke when I've got the game on anyway would be a bad thing.
              That's a good way to explain it. I'm watching every game i can with NBA prospects, Duke has them, Jackson is one, so just like his teammate Tatum, i want them playing well if I'm staying up til midnight to watch.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                I thought you were a BYU fan, not an LDS athletic player fan.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I thought you were a BYU fan, not an LDS athletic player fan.
                  Oh brother.

Those things are mutually exclusive?

Comment

• Comment

• "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Did Popoola sign today?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          Interesting article on the latest Mormon giant praying mantis Matt Van Komen. Last year he was a 7'4 freshman who got backup minutes for PG varsity team. http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-ba...-shawn-bradley Fascinating fact from the article: 17% of 7 footers in the world will play in the NBA.

I coached against him in an AAU game when he was like 6'9 in 7th grade. I told him every minute he spends shooting a basketball, he's hurting his career because he could be spending that time eating or lifting.

Will be interesting to watch this kid's career unfold.
                          Saw this kid in action last night. He's averaging about 19 and 7 through six games for PG. Watching him play is mesmerizing. He can literally dunk without jumping. His wingspan is ridiculous. He holds the ball in one hand like it's a nerf ball. He's obviously skinny, but he's a got a little bit more muscle than you'd expect given that he's a 7'4 15 year old. He got pushed around pretty easily, and he was tired the entire game. He kind of stands hunched over like he has a hump back. I wonder if he has or is going to have health issues. He wasn't as dominating on D and rebounding as it seemed like he should have. But he has tremendous up side. He could run fast enough to hustle out and set perimeter ball screens and then roll for oops. He actually has a nice free throw touch. I will be very curious to watch this kid grow up to see how he develops.

vankomen.jpg
                          Last edited by jay santos; 12-17-2016, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Good stuff, jay. They need to get the kid a nutritionist and a personal trainer.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              Good stuff, jay. They need to get the kid a nutritionist and a personal trainer.
                              Don't bother. He is going to be a ute.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Don't bother. He is going to be a ute.

Comment

Working...
                                X