No announcement yet.

bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU added a shooting guard in Colby Leifson, who will play one and serve.

https://twitter.com/colb_as_ice

By the way, what function does one use to show the tweet? Is it the picture function?

Look at the schools who were recruiting him. One of these is not like the others.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/colby-leifson
    Last edited by Topper; 08-02-2016, 06:31 PM.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
      BYU added a shooting guard in Colby Leifson, who will play one and serve.

https://twitter.com/colb_as_ice

By the way, what function does one use to show the tweet? Is it the picture function?

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        I guess they think this kid will be good for them because I would have thought that the kid who left UVU and went to Montana, Konner Frey, would have given BYU a bit more this year.

In any case I guess the 13 are set for this year:
        Davis
        Rose
        Aytes
        Bryant
        Emery
        Mika
        Hartsock
        Shaw
        Childs
        Haws
        Dastrup
        Beo
        Leifson

10 of your 13 are true freshman or sophomores although there is some pretty good talent in those two classes. Going to be an interesting year. I look forward to speculating who won't be back but just to get it started: Aytes moves on to a medical retirement, either Hartsock or Dalton Nixon will be on the roster but not both, Andrus returns to the roster but Worthington does not, Poopola signs with BYU as does one JC player - a true point guard and then one open scholarship left open for Frank Jackson much like Jews keep a spot open for the Messiah.......
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
          I guess they think this kid will be good for them because I would have thought that the kid who left UVU and went to Montana, Konner Frey, would have given BYU a bit more this year.
          I wonder if Rose and Co. thought they had a shot at a bigger impact player back when Frey and others were considering their options. LJ Rose is a nice transfer that will help settle this young team down, but I view the Leifson offer as the staff having an open spot for this year only, and at the bare minimum this kid can stick some open 3s.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
            I wonder if Rose and Co. thought they had a shot at a bigger impact player back when Frey and others were considering their options. LJ Rose is a nice transfer that will help settle this young team down, but I view the Leifson offer as the staff having an open spot for this year only, and at the bare minimum this kid can stick some open 3s.
            He does look to have a nice stroke. Even a good midrange shot.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
              My guess is they may have been looking at another grad transfer and that never happened, so they decided they needed a body to fill out the roster. I can't help but wonder if it is not a coincidence that Leifson was signed after Calvert announced he was transferring to UVU.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                Apparently former LP backcourt mate of Frank Jackson, Christian Popoola - who we've discussed earlier in this thread a bit and has been playing at Bishop Gorman, has BYU as his top choice.

https://byu.rivals.com/news/byu-defi...op-150-recruit

Appears to have grown a couple inches since his sophomore season at LP and this highlight video is impressive. If BYU could somehow land Popoola it would certainly take some of the sting out of losing FJ.

People are saying Tim LaComb's positive tweet today was in response to Christian committing to BYU.
                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Comment

• The hits just keep on coming.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                      People are saying Tim LaComb's positive tweet today was in response to Christian committing to BYU.
                      It's official. He was super raw at LP, more like Bartley. But he seems to have gotten better and had a more well rounded game. Before it was nothing but athleticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      *Banned*

Comment

• So I wonder what Utah did/did not see in Popoola that they didn't recruit a (formerly) local player that has other offers to USC, Oklahoma, Stanford, Washington State, SDSU, UNLV, New Mexico, etc.
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

So I wonder what Utah did/did not see in Popoola that they didn't recruit a (formerly) local player that has other offers to USC, Oklahoma, Stanford, Washington State, SDSU, UNLV, New Mexico, etc.
                          He played with BYU players and therefore must be too rowdy. 80K doesn't want that sort of player on his team.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            It's official. He was super raw at LP, more like Bartley. But he seems to have gotten better and had a more well rounded game. Before it was nothing but athleticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            He is improving and has Michael Lloyd sort of upside without the personal problems.

Let's see, take some athletic players who are improving, or take some unathletic players who don't improve much. Which should we do?

This is a nice pick up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              He is improving and has Michael Lloyd sort of upside without the personal problems.

Let's see, take some athletic players who are improving, or take some unathletic players who don't improve much. Which should we do?

This is a nice pick up.
                              I think he is a much different player than Loyd, but his upside huge.

Comment

So I wonder what Utah did/did not see in Popoola that they didn't recruit a (formerly) local player that has other offers to USC, Oklahoma, Stanford, Washington State, SDSU, UNLV, New Mexico, etc.
                                utah's recruiting the last couple of years has been pretty spotty.

Comment

Working...
                                X