BYU Basketball 2023-2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Hot damn, I am glad that I was wrong in sharing that article that got retracted.

Comment

• Love Richie and I’m glad he’s back. He’s gonna definitely be a fan favorite.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Yay!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Coach Young having a good week.

Comment

• With Saunders coming back, the damage of the coaching change is minimized quite a bit. We did lose Chandler but he was never an actual BYU player or student, so it would be hard for him to develop loyalty to the school beyond just loyalty to coach Pope. Are he and Saunders the only ones Pope actively tried to recruit away from BYU? Khalifa had Kentucky on his list but it's not clear Pope tried with him. Hall didn't have Kentucky on his list at all. Hopefully he stays. Some reports are out there that hint there's a good chance he comes back.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                With Saunders coming back, the damage of the coaching change is minimized quite a bit. We did lose Chandler but he was never an actual BYU player or student, so it would be hard for him to develop loyalty to the school beyond just loyalty to coach Pope. Are he and Saunders the only ones Pope actively tried to recruit away from BYU? Khalifa had Kentucky on his list but it's not clear Pope tried with him. Hall didn't have Kentucky on his list at all. Hopefully he stays. Some reports are out there that hint there's a good chance he comes back.
                Saunders coming back seems like a tipping point. Him leaving could have knocked over more dominoes. I'm hoping this is the start of people coming back into the fold. I heard rumors Young talked to Chandler...I guess nothing came of that? But for players that actually played at BYU it seems we are only losing Khalifa and Jaxson who was likely gone anyway. Maybe we lose Atiki as well. I love Atiki and Khalifa but they are not irreplaceable even considering the unique things Khalifa did in Pope's offense.

Assuming Hall returns I feel very good about where we ended up anyway.

Comment

• Atiki going into the portal as late as he did almost felt like the new coaching staff encouraged him to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                    Atiki going into the portal as late as he did almost felt like the new coaching staff encouraged him to move on.
                    That is not a big loss.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I like Atiki, but him leaving isn't even a blip for me (no offense if you are reading this AAA!).

People on CB seem sure that Hall is going to Creighton, but I haven't been following closely enough to near if there is something solid there, or if it is like when they were sure Saunders was going to UK. If we were able to retain Hall, it would represent a great first sign for the new staff and a 180 degree flip from my attitude a couple of weeks back (I am already at like 150 degrees).

Comment

• Is there any chatter about Stojakovic? Had heard Dunson was big in his recruitment and that perhaps we'd have a shot with him but I've never seen BYU even mentioned in any articles about who he's considering.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                          Is there any chatter about Stojakovic? Had heard Dunson was big in his recruitment and that perhaps we'd have a shot with him but I've never seen BYU even mentioned in any articles about who he's considering.
                          He listed his final 3 as Cal, Kentucky, and UNC. 66% chance he plays for a mormon coach, just not ours.

Comment

• Jarom Jordan says the BYU basketball team is flying to Phoenix to watch the Suns in Game 3 and Dallin Hall is making the trip with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              Jarom Jordan says the BYU basketball team is flying to Phoenix to watch the Suns in Game 3 and Dallin Hall is making the trip with them.
                              McCombs (don't know how much stock to put in him) gives Hall a >75% chance of returning to BYU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                Jarom Jordan says the BYU basketball team is flying to Phoenix to watch the Suns in Game 3 and Dallin Hall is making the trip with them.
                                Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

McCombs (don't know how much stock to put in him) gives Hall a >75% chance of returning to BYU.

Comment

Working...
                                X