What is it About Did Boylen that Ticks Off So Many Utah Fans?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flattop
    Many books, little time
    • Jun 2009
    • 1452

    #1

    What is it About Did Boylen that Ticks Off So Many Utah Fans?

    I have been encountering a lot of Boylen haters, in many different places lately. I have to say that I just don't get it. I have posed the question in a few places, too, but I have yet to get a real answer.
    Last edited by Flattop; 03-26-2010, 09:41 AM.
    Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
    Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
    Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #2
    Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
    I have been encountering a lot of Boylen haters, in many different places lately. I have to say that I just don't get it. I have posed the question in a few places, too, but I have yet to get a real answer.
    Here's a tip. Just stop posting about it. You aren't doing him any favors with your type of advocacy. Also, I couldn't bring myself to read your post titled Majerus the hot chick who dumped us. I choked on the title.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

    Comment

    • Flattop
      Many books, little time
      • Jun 2009
      • 1452

      #3
      [Edited] this thread now has a life of its own.
      Last edited by Flattop; 03-26-2010, 10:53 AM.
      Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
      Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
      Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

      Comment

      • Goatnapper'96
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10924

        #4
        Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
        I have been encountering a lot of Boylen haters, in many different places lately. I have to say that I just don't get it. I have posed the question in a few places, too, but I have yet to get a real answer.
        He doesn't win enough.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

        I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25266

          #5
          I hereby motion that this thread not be deleted.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • Fiyero
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 5266

            #6
            Answer:

            He has failed to provide the nation's second-whiniest fan base with a string of undefeated, championship seasons.

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #7
              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              I hereby motion that this thread not be deleted.
              The donut man is motioning in your avatar! Perfect!
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • DrumNFeather
                Invisible Swordsman
                • Nov 2008
                • 8854

                #8
                He is doing a lot of the off-court stuff that Meyer did when he was at Utah without the results.

                Boylen's problem in part has to do with the fact that the football team is doing so well and is firmly entrenced as a "contender" for the MWC title every year. This has been the case with utah basketball in the past...but it hasn't been lately (despite the conf title last year). By the time fans are ready to be interested in hoops, the team is already 5-5 with losses to Idaho and the like so some probably just choose to not be interested.

                Some of the most aggressive Boylen haters firmly believe that he doesn't have the talent in the program to win, and given that he has recruited a lot of them, they wonder if he can ever get it done.

                Those are some of the reasons I've seen and I think as to why some people don't like Boylen.
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                Comment

                • MartyFunkhouser
                  Disciple of RNGesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 18747

                  #9
                  Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
                  I have been encountering a lot of Boylen haters, in many different places lately. I have to say that I just don't get it. I have posed the question in a few places, too, but I have yet to get a real answer.
                  I am probably one of those people you are accusing of being a Boylen hater, but I am neither a Boylen hater nor a Boylen supporter. I am in full on wait and see mode with Boylen. I see positives and weaknesses with his coaching ability. I would prefer that Boylen is successful at Utah and that we are not looking for a new coach next year.

                  I jumped on his bandwagon early and that was a mistake, I am now in the wait and see for 4-5 years with each coach. I learned my lesson with criticizing Whittingham too early and jumping on the Boylen bandwagon too early.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

                  Comment

                  • MartyFunkhouser
                    Disciple of RNGesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18747

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    I hereby motion that this thread not be deleted.
                    I don't consider this an ex parte motion, so you will have to submit a memorandum in support of your motion.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

                    Comment

                    • Donuthole
                      Official Outgayer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 25266

                      #11
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      The donut man is motioning in your avatar! Perfect!
                      The guitar wave is just one of many motions I've found to be well-received when brought before the court, however I've learned that a ukulele is much easier to slip past courthouse security. The robot motion never fails, but is something I use sparingly (usually at crucial junctures in big cases) so as to maintain its potency.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                      Comment

                      • SeattleUte
                        Faith crisis consultant
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 20837

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        The guitar wave is just one of many motions I've found to be well-received when brought before the court, however I've learned that a ukulele is much easier to slip past courthouse security. The robot motion never fails, but is something I use sparingly (usually at crucial junctures in big cases) so as to maintain its potency.
                        lol
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                        --Jonathan Swift

                        Comment

                        • Flattop
                          Many books, little time
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 1452

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          He doesn't win enough.
                          Granted, no NCAA tournament wins, and only one appearance so far. But if one bad season is enough, then Majerus should have been fired after going 14-14 in 1993-94.
                          Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                          Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                          Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                          Comment

                          • Flattop
                            Many books, little time
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 1452

                            #14
                            Boylen's problem in part has to do with the fact that the football team is doing so well and is firmly entrenced as a "contender" for the MWC title every year.
                            That would explain apathy, but not hostility.
                            Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                            Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                            Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                            Comment

                            • All-American
                              Right, as Usual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 15664

                              #15
                              His losing record?
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                              Comment

                              Working...