Tonight's starting 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #16
    Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    Don't throw the whole team under the bus. That shooting % is mostly The Chucker's fault. Lloyd played well though.
    What were JT's numbers tonight? I got the impression listening that most of the team wasn't shooting that well. Do we credit Butler defense for that?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #17
      Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      What were JT's numbers tonight? I got the impression listening that most of the team wasn't shooting that well. Do we credit Butler defense for that?
      Not sure he missed his first 8 shots I believe and finished with 13 points but I have not found a box score yet.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • Non Sequitur
        Where did I put my bodkin
        • Nov 2008
        • 5773

        #18
        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        What were JT's numbers tonight? I got the impression listening that most of the team wasn't shooting that well. Do we credit Butler defense for that?
        J.T. was 5-18. No one shot great tonight, but J.T. definitely did his part to bring the numbers down. It's not just that he shot poorly, it's the kind of shots he took -- 30 foot fade-aways early in the clock. And I don't think he shot a free throw, which means he's not even trying to take it inside against an undersized team.

        CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #19
          Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
          J.T. was 5-18. No one shot great tonight, but J.T. definitely did his part to bring the numbers down. It's not just that he shot poorly, it's the kind of shots he took -- 30 foot fade-aways early in the clock. And I don't think he shot a free throw, which means he's not even trying to take it inside against an undersized team.
          Do you have a link to a box score? By the way JT hit 4 of those shots in a row. So during the rest of the game he was 1-14.
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • myboynoah
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 21719

            #20
            Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
            J.T. was 5-18. No one shot great tonight, but J.T. definitely did his part to bring the numbers down. It's not just that he shot poorly, it's the kind of shots he took -- 30 foot fade-aways early in the clock. And I don't think he shot a free throw, which means he's not even trying to take it inside against an undersized team.

            http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/laun...&startschool=&
            Ugh.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

            Comment

            • Non Sequitur
              Where did I put my bodkin
              • Nov 2008
              • 5773

              #21
              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Do you have a link to a box score?
              CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #22
                Tyler Haws with 4 points, 7 rebounds and 2 assists in his debut.

                Loyd Jr. 10 points, 4 rebounds (4-4 from the floor, 2-2 from three) in 22 minutes.

                That is a good sign.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • Flystripper
                  Degenerate Gambler
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14089

                  #23
                  I seriously hate watching The Chucker play. He would annoy the hell out of me if I was his teammate. He annoys the hell out of me when I watch him and I can only imagine how much he would piss me off if I played with him.

                  He is going to lose some games for us this year. Rose will eventually have to bench him because of his horrible shot selection and he will pout. Same old same old....yeah yeah yeah people say he is our only hope of winning a tourney game, and they may be right, but if he does take us to round 32 it will be because of a lucky night shooting the ball, and not because he is a great player.
                  Last edited by Flystripper; 11-13-2009, 10:49 PM.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

                  Comment

                  • Non Sequitur
                    Where did I put my bodkin
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5773

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    I seriously hate watching The Chucker play. He would annoy the hell out of me if I was his teammate. He annoys the hell out of me when I watch him and I can only imagine how much he would piss me off if I played with him.

                    He is going to lose some games for us this year. Rose will eventually have to bench him because of his horrible shot selection and he will pout. Same old same old....Yeah yeah yeah people say he is our only hope of winning a tourney game and they may be right, but if he does take us to round 32 it will be because of a lucky night shooting the ball and not because he is a great player.
                    The thing that is so frustrating is that he has the tools to be a huge contributor, but for whatever reason he refuses to play to his strengths. I don't know if it's laziness or stubborness or stupidity, but we need him to develop some basketball IQ in a hurry.
                    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                    Comment

                    • cougjunkie
                      *Banned*
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 23223

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      I seriously hate watching The Chucker play. He would annoy the hell out of me if I was his teammate. He annoys the hell out of me when I watch him and I can only imagine how much he would piss me off if I played with him.

                      He is going to lose some games for us this year. Rose will eventually have to bench him because of his horrible shot selection and he will pout. Same old same old....Yeah yeah yeah people say he is our only hope of winning a tourney game and they may be right, but if he does take us to round 32 it will be because of a lucky night shooting the ball and not because he is a great player.
                      If JT is taking good shots he can shoot 100 times a game for all I care. When he takes good shots he is very dangerous. The problem is he is a senior that is still making high school mistakes.
                      *Banned*

                      Comment

                      • Flystripper
                        Degenerate Gambler
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14089

                        #26
                        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        If JT is taking good shots he can shoot 100 times a game for all I care. When he takes good shots he is very dangerous. The problem is he is a senior that is still making high school mistakes.
                        Maybe one out of five games he has good shot selection.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          Maybe one out of five games he has good shot selection.
                          I agree 100%, if he has good shot selection he could be so good. The problem is he has never met a shot he didnt like, I also hate when he whistles and shit calling for the ball. Annoys the hell out of me.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #28
                            Different year, same JT.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • Clark Addison
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10306

                              #29
                              In the first half JT played like he was determined to piss off everyone who already hates him. I think that, overall, he is a big benefit, but I do agree that he would drive me crazy if I played with him. That step-back into a bad 3 pointer was terrible. He wasn't the only one pressing though; Jimmer was forcing things a bit too much in the first half. Not at JT's level, but more than he normally does. I think both of them calmed down a bit in the second half.

                              I think JT missed his first 7 shots, so at least he was 5-11 after that

                              Comment

                              • smokymountainrain
                                Impressive Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22593

                                #30
                                I couldn't agree more with Flystripper about hating watching JT - he would be brutal to play with. But, I'm much more frustrated by watching the college version of the Jazz...Apparently BYU has learned from the Jazz and they think fouls = defense. I don't know if I've ever seen a team play more defense with their hands and commit more stupid fouls than this BYU team. Bradley must've been in the penalty at the 15 minute mark of the second half.

                                Positives? I felt like Jimmer had an off game, yet he still scored 23(?) points. He's a special talent. Also, I really like the way Haws goes to the glass on both the offensive and defensive ends at 6'4".
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

                                Comment

                                Working...