2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
    They seem to care about the environment and seem to take small steps to reduce their carbon footprint.

This isn’t controversial for anyone with a brain. I literally don’t know anyone who hasn’t amended their life over the past 10 years in some way to reduce waste, reduce their footprint, or to increase their mindfulness in regards to the environment.

Apparently some families in rural Utah are bitching about light bulbs, are refusing to recycle, and are purposefully buying the least fuel efficient vehicles on the market because, my freedoms.
    Did you know most recycling programs were simply sending our trash to China and other 3rd world countries? They made us feel good though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      put up with? geez. By the way, I'm getting this from realclearpolitics which if anything has a rightward/conservative/republican slant.
      Moli actually likes it, he was trying to compliment you and be funny at the same time, something that's very difficult to do.

We all appreciate the updates.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Lol I talk with folks from rural PA almost everyday. I literally was on a zoom (pants up no Toobin) this morning with 10 folks that live in Trump country PA.

I text with a lady who went from painting Obama on her barn to painting Trump on her barn on the daily.

So yeah I chat with rural folks more than you probs.
        Did you ask them about incandescent light bulbs?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          Do people really talk about this stuff much? Maybe I'm not very perceptive.

I can hardly wait to get off fossil fuels, in large part due to the effects they've had on our foreign policy, but also due to the negative impact on our environment.

That said, I couldn't tell you how most people in my circle of friends think about such things.
          I think you are just getting reacquainted with fusnik, who only knows one kind of person and it's the person that always supports his exact argument and is brilliant.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• A 19-year-old with a van full of guns and explosives plotted to assassinate Biden, federal officials say

Like the Michigan governor story wasn't bad enough, 2020 keeps on delivering.

Comment

You don’t have conversations with people about every day stuff?

What kind of things they like?
              Weather?
              Differences from where you live?

It’s not hard to start to understand people’s views with a couple of benign questions.
              Who knew that fusnik moonlights doing telephone surveys?
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                I think you are just getting reacquainted with fusnik, who only knows one kind of person and it's the person that always supports his exact argument and is brilliant.
                Lol. Pot-smoking, carbon neutral, recycling conservatives. They are everywhere!
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Lol. Pot-smoking, carbon neutral, recycling conservatives. They are everywhere!
                  Cannabis is legal in NV, medical cannabis is legal in UT now no?

Cannabis usage in Utah will become very normal soon. I’d bed within 10 years more than half of folks in Utah will be cannabis users at some level.

As for mindfulness, I literally don’t know anybody who hasn’t, even at the margins, amended their behaviors in regards to climate. My neighborhood has one outspoken Trump family, (in my ward originally from Utah) dude has solar panels and a Tesla.

I think you guys need to get out more TBH.

Comment

Cannabis is legal in NV, medical cannabis is legal in UT now no?

Cannabis usage in Utah will become very normal soon. I’d bed within 10 years more than half of folks in Utah will be cannabis users at some level.

As for mindfulness, I literally don’t know anybody who hasn’t, even at the margins, amended their behaviors in regards to climate. My neighborhood has one outspoken Trump family, (in my ward originally from Utah) dude has solar panels and a Tesla.

I wonder where I've been all this time of I haven't been "out".

I'll bet that family in your neighborhood that has the solar and the a Tesla doesn't have them because they love the environment. They have the solar because it saves them money on their power bill, not because it reduces their carbon footprint. And they bought the Tesla because they are fast, trendy and fun to drive.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      I wonder where I've been all this time of I haven't been "out".

I'll bet that family in your neighborhood that has the solar and the a Tesla doesn't have them because they love the environment. They have the solar because it saves them money on their power bill, not because it reduces their carbon footprint. And they bought the Tesla because they are fast, trendy and fun to drive.
                      If more climate-driven people figured this out, we would all be driving Tesla’s and have solar panels. It is how you market to the person that would drive this to be more popular..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d bed within 10 years more than half of folks in Utah
                        Wow. The female half?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Wow. The female half?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          Ha. You beat me to it.

Comment

Without question, I do need to get out more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              I was also going to say, Trump is not entirely dumb. He may not be able to argue a single coherent policy besides immigration, but he has good political instincts. He laid the trap for Biden and pounced when he got him. I have no doubt that we will see that debate clip in a ton of ads for the next week.
                              Huh? Did you see something I didn't? He was about as articulate and knowledgeable about immigration as my racist aunt who doesn't know jack shit about what's going on and gets all her information from Sean Hannity and planted memes on fb. Biden wasn't that well-versed, either, which is a shame because I would have kicked Trump's f*king teeth out were I in Biden's shoes. Joe did acquit himself well enough in any case. Trump is the biggest bullshit president I've ever seen. I'm so embarrassed for his supporters.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                Huh? Did you see something I didn't? He was about as articulate and knowledgeable about immigration as my racist aunt who doesn't know jack shit about what's going on and gets all her information from Sean Hannity and planted memes on fb. Biden wasn't that well-versed, either, which is a shame because I would have kicked Trump's f*king teeth out were I in Biden's shoes. Joe did acquit himself well enough in any case. Trump is the biggest bullshit president I've ever seen. I'm so embarrassed for his supporters.
                                I don’t think coherent necessarily means right or ethical. I’m just saying he sounds at least somewhat logical when he talks about his favorite hobby horse, even when he’s lying. When he’s lying about COVID or most other things, it sounds even more disjointed.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X