2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Please, can we cancel the rest of the debates?
    No way, dude. But they should move that VP debate down the street to BYU instead of that sorry public school. Who agreed to have it there anyway? I am guessing it was the Dems' idea.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Holy shit that was insane.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Anyone that played that game would have died from Alcohol poisoning after the first half hour.

Comment

• It is 2020 and our President was given the chance to condemn white supremacists and did not take the chance to unequivocally condemn them.

I guess he didn't want to alienate part of his base.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• In the words of Dana Bash of CNN, "that was a shitshow." Both candidates had the opportunity to score some points, but neither is competent enough to have done so. God help us all!

Comment

• 2020 General Presidential Election Thread

The debate as I saw it..

https://gfycat.com/elaboratereadyiriomotecat

Last edited by dabrockster; 09-30-2020, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                how the fuck did we get here
                Flyover country folks were sick of being condescended to so they wrong-headedly nominated a bully who would be mean to the people they don't like. The bully never would have won except for the his opponents nominated a historically unlikable candidate who ran a historically inept campaign. Then in an epic misread of the election results, the losers went fully insane leftist instead of staying middle of the road and coasting to victory over a historically inept president. Freaked out by the communists taking over their party, the losers then nominated a corpse to prevent the takeover that is happening anyway. Is that about right?

Comment

• I had the debate on for an hour or so. Occasionally I would turn up the volume and it would usually take me between 15-30 seconds to mute it again,

Eventually I turned it to the Yankees-Indians game. I dislike the Yankees (sorry Copelius), the Yankees were up like 8 runs, and I still kept it there.

Comment

• Trump is a true mouth breather. He can't even follow simple rules. That doesn't play well in Peoria, unfortunately for him. I don't need to tune in to see more of those antics. I am looking forward to the vice presidential debate, though.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Thank goodness I was focused on work all night and completely missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        Flyover country folks were sick of being condescended to so they wrong-headedly nominated a bully who would be mean to the people they don't like. The bully never would have won except for the his opponents nominated a historically unlikable candidate who ran a historically inept campaign. Then in an epic misread of the election results, the losers went fully insane leftist instead of staying middle of the road and coasting to victory over a historically inept president. Freaked out by the communists taking over their party, the losers then nominated a corpse to prevent the takeover that is happening anyway. Is that about right?
                        I seriously think this is fairly accurate summation. The media has painted national politics as everything. As a result conservatives and rural Americans felt ridiculed and belittled and they overreacted. This even as they were at the zenith of power in local governments everywhere outside of the major metro areas. All this bullshit over a mistaken sense of reality.

Comment

Sounds accurate to me.

Comment

Nailed it.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

pretty charitable to the dummies who were convinced by facebook ads that a reality tv star and lifelong registered democrat was going to reanimate the carcass of midamerican manufacturing, but i guess. i'm also still waiting for someone who's not that walking musty fart dennis prager to explain to me what "leftist" means other than a straight pejorative for something they neither understand nor like (see also, "alt-right"). but, carry on.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I think I agree with this. I’m still thinking about his answer and I can’t believe the answer he gave to the slowest pitched softball of the night.

It’s also refreshing to see Biden go back to his moderate roots by denouncing MFA and the GND, although I know his plans have elements of each they aren’t as radical. I just wish he’d have a more coherent answer on fracking and drilling permits but his basically non answer on those won’t keep me from voting for him even if it possibly costs me my job at some point.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X