2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    So mail-in ballots are completely safe from fraud? Thanks, good to know that no one would ever even think about voting for other people using them. I was getting worried. Hey, why doesn't counties like Iraq using mail-in ballots instead using election ink? Seems less messy.
    Name me a voting method that is completely safe from fraud.

Comment

• Internally debating whether this is a strawman fallacy or all-or-none fallacy. Leaning towards strawman, but I can be persuaded otherwise.

Anyone want to help me out?
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Looks like he was paying his kids as consultants which may or may not be legal depending on who you listen to.

And I don't care if it is legal or not, $70K deduction for hair styling is not going to go over well with your typical american paying a hefty tax bill.

This might be the most significant thing. This plays right into the democratic narrative of wealthy billionaires easily gaming the system.
        I agree that it won't go over well with most Americans. Leading a largesse lifestyle while simultaneously avoiding taxes should.....emphasis on should....anger the average middle class family.

The other point is that the real reason he isn't paying any taxes is that his businesses are failing. Which is the real reason he didn't want his taxes open. The grifter never wants the world to see behind the facade.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          Well, I think....

- enforcing voter ID
          - using an electronic voting machine that uses an open design and has had a formal security review
          - with a voter-verified paper audit

will get us pretty damn close!
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
            You don't understand. Voter fraud only happens when Trump is in danger of losing.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Looking forward to hearing the complaints from the Trump side tomorrow that there was a secret hidden Biden teleprompter out there which is why he wasn't the same as the guy on the TedBot doctored videos they've been sending out for months.
              Last edited by BlueK; 09-29-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                Internally debating whether this is a strawman fallacy or all-or-none fallacy. Leaning towards strawman, but I can be persuaded otherwise.

Anyone want to help me out?
                Tough call, but I am going to go with strawman. Absolutely nobody claimed that vote-by-mail is 100% free of fraud, but here he is arguing against that point anyway.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  Looking forward to hearing the complaints from the Trump side tomorrow that there was a secret hidden Biden teleprompter out there which is why he wasn't the same as the guy on the TedBot doctored videos they've been sending out for months.
                  No, Biden has moved on to putting a receiver in his ear... try to keep up.

Trump camp seeks extra debate rule: Third party inspectors to look for electronic devices in candidates' ears
                  Biden’s campaign manager called the Trump campaign’s request 'absurd'

President Trump is asking for an additional ground rule ahead of Tuesday night’s first presidential debate between himself and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. But the Biden campaign is rejecting it.

Fox News has learned that the president’s re-election campaign wants the Biden campaign to allow a third party to inspect the ears of each debater for electronic devices or transmitters. The president has consented to this kind of inspection, but a source said the Biden campaign has declined the ear check.
                  [...]
                  Over the last several weeks, sources told Fox News, the former vice president's campaign has also requested two breaks -- one every 30 minutes -- to break up the 90-minute commercial-free program. But that request has been denied by their Trump counterparts, the sources said.

A Trump campaign source told Fox News that "our guy doesn't need breaks. He gives 90-minute speeches all the time."
                  [...]
                  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...tronic-devices
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Tough call, but I am going to go with strawman. Absolutely nobody claimed that vote-by-mail is 100% free of fraud, but here he is arguing against that point anyway.
                    Beside making it much easier for fraud... it is turning out to be a complete clusterf* for some places:

It will be interesting to see what happens to mail-in voting when the GOP'ers grow a brain and start doing their own ballot harvesting.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm no ENT but it just looked like an old man ear to me.

Comment

Beside making it much easier for fraud... it is turning out to be a complete clusterf* for some places:

It will be interesting to see what happens to mail-in voting when the GOP'ers grow a brain and start doing their own ballot harvesting.
                        Anecdotes.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                          I'm no ENT but it just looked like an old man ear to me.
                          Ha! Definitely an old man ear. Given that Biden is older than dirt, he probably should have a hearing aid in during the debate. My bike is that Biden turns this into a yawner of a show, meaning he gets through it without tripping up too much. The. No one will care about the next two debates and we can finally move on to voting out Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                            I'm no ENT but it just looked like an old man ear to me.
                            how dare joe biden not allow this guy to poke around in his ear before a televised debate?

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

So mail-in ballots are completely safe from fraud? Thanks, good to know that no one would ever even think about voting for other people using them. I was getting worried. Hey, why doesn't counties like Iraq using mail-in ballots instead using election ink? Seems less messy.
                              I think you mean THE Iraq

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                Ha! Definitely an old man ear. Given that Biden is older than dirt, he probably should have a hearing aid in during the debate. My bike is that Biden turns this into a yawner of a show, meaning he gets through it without tripping up too much. The. No one will care about the next two debates and we can finally move on to voting out Trump.
                                Yeah, by not giving Biden breaks I wouldn't be surprised if Sleepy Joe falls asleep during the debate.

Don't worry Joe... Hillary and the 'bama put me to asleep too.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X