X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    I always liked Rick Riley

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Is that the guy who chastised the Buffs coach for not protecting his female kicker from a rape, only for it to later come out that a Hs football rape party had happened at his house a few weeks earlier? I can see why U liked him.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I didn't look at the author when I read the piece. Now things make much more sense.
      I looked at the author and didn’t read the piece. That made more sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Is that the guy who chastised the Buffs coach for not protecting his female kicker from a rape, only for it to later come out that a Hs football rape party had happened at his house a few weeks earlier? I can see why U liked him.
        I can't answer your question as I don't recall that situation. As for your insinuation that I'm a outspoken hypocrite is unfounded. I'm not sure where you got that idea.

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

I can't answer your question as I don't recall that situation. As for your insinuation that I'm a outspoken hypocrite is unfounded. I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Nothing personal. It was primarily a jab at Ute fans. Hence the use of “U” instead of “you.” But you are guilty by association. So I guess maybe a little something personal.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I always liked Rick Riley

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              I've said this before. As a class sportswriters are fools. It's hard to think of an exception. They really are media's lowest tier. They appear most foolish when they try to tackle something more serious than games. I can't stand the whole lot of them. Frank Deford, may he rest in peace, was probably the most overrated journalist ever. Just a windbag.
              I always liked Lewis Grizzard.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Hey, I hear Bill Simmons is a great sports writer!
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

So people who specialize in sports analysis and commentary, mostly former athletes, aren't well-rounded or skilled enough to pass muster as regular seasoned, professional journalists? Yeah that grinds my gears.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    So people who specialize in sports analysis and commentary, mostly former athletes, aren't well-rounded or skilled enough to pass muster as regular seasoned, professional journalists? Yeah that grinds my gears.
                    I'm not sure most sportswriters are former athletes. Maybe high school, but I'm not aware of any data. I agree that most NFL analysts are former superstars. I wouldn't rely on them for analysis or reporting of anything that really matters, though.

If so much of what sports writers put out weren't such drivel or so offensive we wouldn't have such a low opinion of them. By their fruits ye shall know them.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Running on the coastal trail in downtown Seattle in the dark tonight, I was looking at my Garmin app and stepped on a break in the pavement and fell hard. Nasty spill. Hurt like hell, and cracked my screen. Fortunately, nothing sprained or broken (on my self).

The thing about falling, is you swear it will never happen again, it's so unpleasant and embarrassing. Then bam! it happens before you know it. Suddenly you're on the ground.

It's a reminder of how remarkable our feat is of moving about (primarily) on hind legs.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Things that I don’t like

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        Running on the coastal trail in downtown Seattle in the dark tonight, I was looking at my Garmin app and stepped on a break in the pavement and fell hard. Nasty spill. Hurt like hell, and cracked my screen. Fortunately, nothing sprained or broken (on my self).

The thing about falling, is you swear it will never happen again, it's so unpleasant and embarrassing. Then bam! it happens before you know it. Suddenly you're on the ground.

It's a reminder of how remarkable our feat is of moving about (primarily) on hind legs.
                        Here's a fitting comedy bit to cheer you up, SU. Please don't be too turned off by the fact that he is a Mormon.

https://youtu.be/QncQNabfRL0
                        Last edited by Donuthole; 10-04-2019, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Here's a fitting comedy bit to cheer you up, SU. Please don't be too turned off by the fact that he is a Mormon.

https://youtu.be/QncQNabfRL0
                          That was awesome. Every minute was relevant. it's nice to see something truly funny after so long. A guy did come by and ask me if I was okay--twice. And I said yes, yes (of course). Even though I'd hollered and swore when I bit the dust. I walked it off and ran again, with bloody hands, because I am "addicted to running."

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Ryan Hamilton is hilarious.

SU, I am glad you are OK.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I don't like Uncle Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                                I don't like Uncle Ted.
                                Boo!

Comment

Working...
                                X