So suicide is

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37996

    #16
    Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
    Thanks for actually enlightening us on the subject vs. emotional namecalling. Well done.
    Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
    "Jonathan Groves, Sir Edward’s manager, called their decision “typically brave and courageous.”

    Never thought of that. I guess what we need more of are courageous and brave liberals.
    I agree, emotional name calling is stupid.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Hallelujah
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 2741

      #17
      Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I agree, emotional name calling is stupid.
      Where was the name calling in my post? Highlight it with "s.

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37996

        #18
        Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
        Where was the name calling in my post? Highlight it with "s.
        You're kidding, right? I mean, you must be kidding.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #19
          Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
          I think it equals u.
          A+!

          Keen, sir, very keen!
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #20
            anSWER! anSWER! anSWER! anSWER!
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • Mrs. Funk
              Lawyer Wannabe
              • Nov 2008
              • 2690

              #21
              I'm disappointed how flipplantly this topic is being handled.
              "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

              Comment

              • JohnnyLingo
                La Naranja
                • Nov 2008
                • 3976

                #22
                Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                I'm disappointed how flipplantly this topic is being handled.
                Welcome to CUF! Can I help you find anything?

                Comment

                • Non Sequitur
                  Where did I put my bodkin
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5773

                  #23
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I agree, emotional name calling is stupid.
                  Like you would know, dumb ass.
                  "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37996

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                    I'm disappointed how flipplantly this topic is being handled.
                    Mrs. Funk, while the topic certainly deserves more respect, I must point out that it was the inital poster's lack of respect that started us down this path. You, so far, have been the only one to handle it appropriately.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #25
                      I know-- I swear I will kill myself if I see one more disrespectful message.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • Mrs. Funk
                        Lawyer Wannabe
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2690

                        #26
                        I'm not trying to tsk tsk anybody. It was stupid of me to bring actual emotions into any kind of online discussion. My apologies. I'll respectfully bow out of this one.
                        "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

                        Comment

                        • I.J. Reilly
                          Nobody's Fool
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 2949

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                          I'm disappointed how flipplantly this topic is being handled.
                          I think there are some real issues to be discussed here, I just think that it got started off on the wrong foot. I'll take a stab at it, though.

                          I read the article and it seemed that all interested parties, the wife, husband and children were in agreement that this was the way to go. It was the husband's wish, despite not being ill as his wife was, to go with his wife. Is this something that should be allowable in society? Should people be able to decide when they die? If the elderly can make this decision, why can't the young? Under what conditions could you forsee allowing a person to end their life? Do they need to be terminally ill or is another type of anguish (perhaps mental) enough to qualify them to see a doctor and ask for their life to be terminated? If it were your parents that had a wish to go together, how would you feel?

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #28
                            I think it's just that we're all so jaded on the topic.. I mean I'm pretty sure we've all at least attempted suicide once at some point, right gang?
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • byu71
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22070

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
                              "courageous and brave"?

                              http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/15/wo...ritain.html?em

                              "Jonathan Groves, Sir Edward’s manager, called their decision “typically brave and courageous.”

                              Never thought of that. I guess what we need more of are courageous and brave liberals.
                              I guess we are all entitled to an opinion of what is brave and courageous and what isn't. Sinking a putt in a golf tournmanet is neither brave or courageous in my opinion, but I have heard it described that way.

                              I think something we could all agree on though is someone taking their own life in most every case is sad and not funny.

                              Comment

                              • Hallelujah
                                Junior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 2741

                                #30
                                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                A+!

                                Keen, sir, very keen!
                                Agreed. That's what I was hoping someone would catch. You're about an hour late.

                                Comment

                                Working...