Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    Mitt was correct blah blah blah we were wrong blah blah blah I apologize blah blah blah.

Too late you old bag.

Mitt Happens!!!
    She’s a good person. Much better than Pompeo.

Comment

• How will Mitt vote on the pending bill that would disapprove Trump's emergency declaration regarding the wall? I really hope he votes yes, in part because it will undercut his opponents who believe that while he talks a good game, he's ultimately in Trump's thrall and will fall in line.

BTW, I think there are very strong constitutional grounds for rejecting the declaration, but I'm at Democrats and their current high-minded constitutional arguments in support of the bill, arguments that were nowhere to be found when Obama was taking rather aggressive executive action. Still, as with their current views on Russia, better late than never--it's just a pity it took their antipathy toward Trump to open their eyes.

Comment

Mitt was correct blah blah blah we were wrong blah blah blah I apologize blah blah blah.

Too late you old bag.

Mitt Happens!!!
        Obama needs to apologize.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          Obama needs to apologize.
          Both for being wrong, and for the dumb joke about the 1980s calling.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Both for being wrong, and for the dumb joke about the 1980s calling.
            Agreed. It really was bad. I expected to hear the wa-wa-waaaaaaa sound.

Comment

• MITT HAPPENS!!!

"I will vote today for the resolution of disapproval."
              Such inspiring words. Brings tears to my eyes.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

MITT HAPPENS!!!

It's my head canon that Mitt has been working behind the scenes, carefully orchestrating this giant finger to Trump as personal payback for Trump's assholery to Mitt in the past.

Comment

MITT HAPPENS!!!

Yeah, I was wondering if Mitt would be a yes-man like most of the other Republicans. Good to see that he isn't.

Comment

MITT HAPPENS!!!

RINOS!

Very cool to see both Utah Senators on the list.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• How appropriate to see Mitt as the poster child for Senate Republicans with "spines."

Mitt Happens!!!

Trump is losing control: 12 GOP senators defect

Whose name is listed first as Senate Republicans "walloping" the POTUS? MITT!!!

President Trump got walloped for the second time in 24 hours by the Senate. In a stunning repudiation of the president, 12 Republican senators crossed party lines to vote with Democrats to end Trump’s fraudulent declaration of a national emergency along the U.S.-Mexico border. The final vote was 59 to 41, with GOP Sens. Mitt Romney (Utah), Susan Collins (Maine), Patrick J. Toomey (Pa.), Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Roy Blunt (Mo.), Roger Wicker (Miss.), Mike Lee (Utah), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Jerry Moran (Kan.), Rob Portman (Ohio), Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Rand Paul (Ky.) voting to end the president’s declaration — which seeks to confiscate Congress’s power of the purse.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• This is how Mitt tells the POTUS to ESAD, FU, and SAD!

". . . heroic, courageous, patriotic, honorable, self-effacing, self-sacrificing, empathetic, and driven by duty to family, country, and God. Everything that you you aren't, President Dump."

Mitt Happens!!!
                        Last edited by myboynoah; 03-19-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

This is how Mitt tells the POTUS to ESAD, FU, and SAD!

". . . heroic, courageous, patriotic, honorable, self-effacing, self-sacrificing, empathetic, and driven by duty to family, country, and God. Everything that you you aren't, President Dump."

Mitt Happanes!!!
                          I appreciate him not being Lindsay Graham. Trump is so incredibly petty and childish. He’s such a dangerous choice to have as president.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            rob anderson better gtfo the way before he gets his dumb ass run over by the mitt train
                            SWISH!

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...medium=twitter

Comment

• Hopefully the sensible wing will take over leadership positions.

Comment

• If you want someone sensible - I just don't see that happening. Seems to me like Anderson is getting pushed out primarily because he was unwilling to remove party membership from people like Mitt, who collected signatures in order to get on the Primary Ballot.

If Phil Wright, who that article says is running, wins - I can promise you that the Utah Republican Party is not moving towards becoming more sensible.

Comment

Working...
                                X