No announcement yet.

Utah Senator Mitt Romney Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey senperdue, stick to chicken farming. These Dumpbuttkissers hate it when someone criticizes their Dump.

This guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Criticizing Mitt for criticizing the Dump, but then carefully saying that his criticism of Mitt is not really criticism. And he's upset that Mitt went public with his thoughts "instead of picking up the phone." Picking up the phone to who? And compared to the Dump barfing out every immediate thought via twitter or Fox News, Mitt (who was really only repeating thoughts expressed during the campaign) displayed his traditiona dignity.

Dumpbuttkissers, quit being such crybabies!!!

Sen. David Perdue: Mitt Romney makes the same mistake that cost him the White House

What a dumb question:

Imagine if Romney had been elected president and removed hundreds of regulations, passed a historic tax bill, made the United States’ NATO allies pay their fair share, negotiated a new trade deal with Mexico and Canada, and stood up to China. Would he have been met with this type of resistance?
    Umm, if he acted like an asshole, yes.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      Hey srsenlee and former place kicker jchaffetz, SFU and grow some!!!

With which of Mitt points do you specifically disagree? Aside from "Hey, don't criticize the Dump," what it is? Bunch of cowards.

Utah Sen. Mike Lee suggests Sen. Mitt Romney take 'mulligan' on harsh words for Trump

Mitt Happens!!!

[ATTACH]9313[/ATTACH]
      Chaffetz is an umimpressive individual. I'm still waiting to hear about his book on how the deep state is out to get Donald Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        I read the article you shared while sitting here in Applebee's eating some delicious riblets. In the article:

I disagree with Dobbs. This is the same tactic employed by people like frank_ryan and BlueK in the absence of substantive arguments and strikes me as particularly weak and thoughtless. These terms are used far too glibly in today's political discourse.

You with the virtue signalling and gas-lighting as usual. Strange to see you criticize Dobbs as he is cut from the same nativist cloth as Pat Buchanan, death of the west, and all of that bs.

Comment

Dear myboynoah,

I read the article you shared witten by Senator Perdue ("the only former chief executive of a Fortune 500 company in Congress") while chowing down on some chicken wanton tacos at Applebees. In it, Senator Perdue writes:

Conservatives know that bigger government, higher taxes and single-payer health care should not be the way forward. It’s fiscally and socially irresponsible.
          I disagree. Spending trillions of dollars on boondoggles in the ME and mindlessly expanding the US military budget is what is fiscally irresponsible (and socially reprehensible). I would much rather spend money here at home... for example, by implementing a single-payer healthcare system.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Walter
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            You with the virtue signalling and gas-lighting as usual. Strange to see you criticize Dobbs as he is cut from the same nativist cloth as Pat Buchanan, death of the west, and all of that bs.
            Not strange at all, as this is still true.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Hey senperdue, stick to chicken farming. These Dumpbuttkissers hate it when someone criticizes their Dump.

This guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Criticizing Mitt for criticizing the Dump, but then carefully saying that his criticism of Mitt is not really criticism. And he's upset that Mitt went public with his thoughts "instead of picking up the phone." Picking up the phone to who? And compared to the Dump barfing out every immediate thought via twitter or Fox News, Mitt (who was really only repeating thoughts expressed during the campaign) displayed his traditiona dignity.

Dumpbuttkissers, quit being such crybabies!!!

Sen. David Perdue: Mitt Romney makes the same mistake that cost him the White House

What a dumb question:

Umm, if he acted like an asshole, yes.
              Don't forget this one!... Please give your review of this one:

Ben Ferguson: ‘Think about how stupid Mitt Romney looks, even to Democrats’
              [...]
              “Think about how stupid Mitt Romney looks, even to Democrats. They don’t think Mitt Romney’s a hero. They don’t have respect for Mitt Romney because he did this. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are sitting there laughing their A-double-S’s off at the fact that Mitt Romney actually took the bait, and actually did something this stupid,” Ferguson said.

“There’s not a single show that’s having him on that’s not laughing at him, because they know what they’re doing: They’re using this guy. They’re using this guy who has an R by his name, which stands for Republican, to attack the president of the United States of America. And that’s what they wanted. And this guy was dumb enough to do it,” he concluded.
              https://www.conservativereview.com/n...-to-democrats/
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Dear Uncle Ted,

ConservativeReview is too partisan for me. Please link to a more reputable news source.

Thank you in advance.

Your friend,

Walter

Comment

I remember Ben Ferguson from my time in Memphis where he was a conservative Christian radio talk show guy. An anti-LDS asshole, so his criticism of Mitt is not surprising.

That and just another Dumpbuttkisser crying about someone pointing out what an asshole the Dump is. Wah, wah, wah.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Hey srsenlee and former place kicker jchaffetz, SFU and grow some!!!

With which of Mitt points do you specifically disagree? Aside from "Hey, don't criticize the Dump," what is it? Bunch of cowards.

Utah Sen. Mike Lee suggests Sen. Mitt Romney take 'mulligan' on harsh words for Trump

Mitt Happens!!!

[ATTACH]9313[/ATTACH]
                    Lol. Two guys who hurt their state by primarying senior members of their own party lecturing Mitt Fuckin’ Romney about criticizing a member of his own party. Get bent, fellas.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Lol. Two guys who hurt their state by primarying senior members of their own party lecturing Mitt Fuckin’ Romney about criticizing a member of his own party. Get bent, fellas.
                      Chaffetz wants to be gov. Herbert has turned out to be pretty decent all things considered.

Bennett was a good one, and he sat on important committees. On his deathbed, Bennett also apologized to Muslims for the hatred and bigotry they were experiencing because of Trump. He was so upset by the MAGA-hatted rhetoric. He was another guy who put country above party.
                      Last edited by frank ryan; 01-05-2019, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I remember Ben Ferguson from my time in Memphis where he was a conservative Christian radio talk show guy. An anti-LDS asshole, so his criticism of Mitt is not surprising.

That and just another Dumpbuttkisser crying about someone pointing out what an asshole the Dump is. Wah, wah, wah.
                        So it is safe to say that the Evangelicals still don't like Mitt.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So it is safe to say that the Evangelicals still are afraid of and dislike Mormons (or members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.)
                          FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                            I assume some of what you say is true, he wants to be President despite his denials.

Why not hold criticism until the key issues arise? That is my concern. Be a team player for the GOP and when you dislike a particular piece of legislation or policy, then speak up. That way you sound like a statesman. But here he's taking whacks without gaining anything. What does he gain from the GOP. What does he gain for the GOP? How does he combat the Dems?

It doesn't seem very nuanced, but rather haphazard. I assume he is very smart but it looks like a miscalculation to attack over personality. Why not attack on substance of a matter coming up?
                            I think he's actually administering medicine to the GOP. This frat boy act is going to severely backfire and it's up to Mitt to be the grown up in the room. Playing dumb while Trump acts like the moron he is doesn't do the country or his party any favors. Note he hasn't actually attacked ANY substantive policies, although they certainly merit it (most notably the fabricated, phony, border "crisis" and the ensuing calls to waste billions on a shitty concrete monument to racism and his little orange dick). Despite him just pointing out Trump's lack of decorum that is already overtly and universally acknowledged, he's stirred up a storm of redneck white knights rushing to Trump's defense. It's bizarre.
                            Last edited by Commando; 01-06-2019, 05:50 PM.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                              Seriously. Incredibly offensive.

The KKK would NEVER let her in.
                              Then I'm assuming you were equally alarmed then when Trump called them "very fine people."

There are plenty of documented quotes from David Duke trying to make the argument that what Coulter has said about immigrants mirrors very closely what he says. Duke represents a part of the KKK that has supposedly disavowed violence but still very much tries to promote white supremacy. The protests in Charlottesville organized by different KKK and neo-nazi groups gave themselves the brand of "unite the right" with the hope of being seeing as a legitimate part of the conservative movement, which of course they are not. Those groups see the current political climate as an opportunity to finally be more socially accepted among white conservatives. The point is, he sees her as someone who can make him to appear more credible and mainstream to go along with those desires to be seen as more mainstream. He even mentions her quite a bit on his own website. To say at least he and his brand of KKK wouldn't accept her is demonstrably false from the things he has actually said. Of course Coulter isn't thrilled by the association, understandably so. She doesn't have anything to gain from it.

But the Anti-Defamation League has quite a bit to say about Coulter and has noticed the attempt by Duke and other white supremacist groups to use her words to legitimize themselves to a larger audience.

https://www.adl.org/news/article/ann...e-supremacists
                              Last edited by BlueK; 01-07-2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                                Then I'm assuming you were equally alarmed then when Trump called them "very fine people."

There are plenty of documented quotes from David Duke trying to make the argument that what Coulter has said about immigrants mirrors very closely what he says. Duke represents a part of the KKK that has supposedly disavowed violence but still very much tries to promote white supremacy. The protests in Charlottesville organized by different KKK and neo-nazi groups gave themselves the brand of "unite the right" with the hope of being seeing as a legitimate part of the conservative movement, which of course they are not. Those groups see the current political climate as an opportunity to finally be more socially accepted among white conservatives. The point is, he sees her as someone who can make him to appear more credible and mainstream to go along with those desires to be seen as more mainstream. He even mentions her quite a bit on his own website. To say at least he and his brand of KKK wouldn't accept her is demonstrably false from the things he has actually said. Of course Coulter isn't thrilled by the association, understandably so. She doesn't have anything to gain from it.

But the Anti-Defamation League has quite a bit to say about Coulter and has noticed the attempt by Duke and other white supremacist groups to use her words to legitimize themselves to a larger audience.

https://www.adl.org/news/article/ann...e-supremacists
                                I'm feeling like you may have missed the joke.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X