Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    There is a lot to unpack in that article:

- Alecia Williams, "a self-described 'volunteer/strategic adviser'” says she is "sure he's aware of their efforts" and hasn't told them to stop.
    - Abby contradicts that and says the family doesn't know anything about it
    - Hughes and Wright decline to back to a write-in campaign
    - Utah GOP chairman says he's confident Huntsman will support the Republican primary process

But my favorite line was:

Jet-setting out of town right after the campaign loss strikes me as a very Huntsmanesque thing to do.

EDIT: I had a lot of respect for Jon Sr as he was my stake president growing up. Incidentally, he was also Tommy Wright's stake president growing up. Jon Jr., not so much respect for.
    This was my favorite part:

The state party chairman pointed out that in the primary, “many Republicans won their races, and many lost. I am pleased to see so many of our unsuccessful candidates publicly demonstrate both grace and class by agreeing to put their differences aside, as is our tradition, and unify behind our party’s candidates.”
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
      Are there really that many Huntsman fanboys?

https://www.ksl.com/article/50000149...e-for-governor
      Alecia Williams, a self-described “volunteer/strategic adviser” to Huntsman in the final month of the primary race, said Friday she’s the spokeswoman for a group of supporters exploring a write-in campaign for the twice-elected governor out of frustration that Cox won with just over 35% of the vote in a four-way June 30 primary race.
      You're frustrated that Cox only got "just over 35% of the vote" (Cox got over 36% of the vote, btw) so you're backing a write in campaign by a guy that lost with less than 35% of the vote? Yeah ... that makes sense.
      Last edited by UVACoug; 07-14-2020, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• This is why I love twitter

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Congratulations, Governor Cox.

https://www.deseret.com/platform/amp...mpression=true

Comment

...voters will realize “he’s a pretty nice guy, a likable guy. Just like I think Spencer Cox probably is. I mean, he comes across as a nice individual.”
            I'm glad he's a nice guy. Too bad he has no serious elected office or executive experience.

Comment

• I was disappointed in Cox when I found out he panic-ordered TP back in March/April.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                I was disappointed in Cox when I found out he panic-ordered TP back in March/April.

He is a dummy.

Comment

Lol @ that doofus from the UU poli sci department saying that it would be a close race.

BTW, they reported on the local news 2-3 days ago that Huntsman is still considering running as a write-in candidate.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I forgot that he hadn't actually won the office yet.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Lol @ that doofus from the UU poli sci department saying that it would be a close race.
                      'nuff said.
                      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Just wait until Super Dell throws his hat into the ring. He will give Cox an ass kicking like it is an owl.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I was disappointed in Cox when I found out he panic-ordered TP back in March/April.

his wife was getting nervous, so why didn't she order some on amazon?
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

It's a good thing shaking hands is no longer socially expected
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Watched the Cox/Peterson debate tonight that happened a few weeks ago. I'm fully on board the Cox train, but I thought Peterson came off as a really appealing candidate. He's not as polished of a politician, and said a few things that made me scratch my head, but overall he is someone I could see myself voting for. In fact, I probably would have voted for him if Huntsman or any of the other Republican primary candidates had beaten Cox. He's a Democrat, but very much running as a moderate. Some of his debate answers frankly sounded more conservative than Cox's.

I'm a little surprised that Peterson is only polling at around 15%. He was obviously never going to have a real chance to beat Cox, but it seems like lesser Democrats have done better in the polls in recent Utah governor races. I'm sure he'll probably do a little better on election night than the polls are showing (there's still a sizable number of undecideds, for some reason). But I also think its a testament to Cox's crossover appeal that Peterson isn't doing better. I honestly could see Peterson doing pretty well running on his current platform, at least as it was presented in the debate, if there was an R behind his name as opposed to a D.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                                Watched the Cox/Peterson debate tonight that happened a few weeks ago. I'm fully on board the Cox train, but I thought Peterson came off as a really appealing candidate. He's not as polished of a politician, and said a few things that made me scratch my head, but overall he is someone I could see myself voting for. In fact, I probably would have voted for him if Huntsman or any of the other Republican primary candidates had beaten Cox. He's a Democrat, but very much running as a moderate. Some of his debate answers frankly sounded more conservative than Cox's.

I'm a little surprised that Peterson is only polling at around 15%. He was obviously never going to have a real chance to beat Cox, but it seems like lesser Democrats have done better in the polls in recent Utah governor races. I'm sure he'll probably do a little better on election night than the polls are showing (there's still a sizable number of undecideds, for some reason). But I also think its a testament to Cox's crossover appeal that Peterson isn't doing better. I honestly could see Peterson doing pretty well running on his current platform, at least as it was presented in the debate, if there was an R behind his name as opposed to a D.
                                Yeah Peterson is sharp. He should switch parties and run for some other office.

Comment

Working...
                                X