Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    That's cute.
    Maybe Dems can cut into the usual number of votes, but it will still be a landslide. But I do think McAdams easily takes down Owens in the 4th. That is the district that I am in and I have sent some pretty ranty emails to his office and have been impressed with the responses I've received back. I'll probably still vote 3rd party because I am a kook like that but in a year that Trump probably loses in a landslide, McAdams is moderate enough and has pushed back on Pelosi enough that he's safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
      Uh oh guys, University of Utah associate professor of political science Tim Chambless said he sees a potential path for Peterson over Cox in gubernatorial race.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46774252...-challenge-cox
      Better change the thread title again.

Comment

Maybe Dems can cut into the usual number of votes, but it will still be a landslide. But I do think McAdams easily takes down Owens in the 4th. That is the district that I am in and I have sent some pretty ranty emails to his office and have been impressed with the responses I've received back. I'll probably still vote 3rd party because I am a kook like that but in a year that Trump probably loses in a landslide, McAdams is moderate enough and has pushed back on Pelosi enough that he's safe.
        I'm in the 4th too. My biggest issue with McAdams is all the Robocalls I get from him. It makes it really hard for me to support him.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          I'm in the 4th too. My biggest issue with McAdams is all the Robocalls I get from him. It makes it really hard for me to support him.
          I think McAdams was shitty in his tactics with Mia Love in 2018. I think the Dem party is just as big of a mess as the GOP, just without the incompetent narcissistic in the presidency. But McAdams is a moderate Dem in a party that is trending quickly leftward. Given this and Trump's unpopularity, he is safe this election given the makeup of the district. I won't vote for he or Owens.

Comment

I think McAdams was shitty in his tactics with Mia Love in 2018. I think the Dem party is just as big of a mess as the GOP, just without the incompetent narcissistic in the presidency. But McAdams is a moderate Dem in a party that is trending quickly leftward. Given this and Trump's unpopularity, he is safe this election given the makeup of the district. I won't vote for he or Owens.
            Trump is the GOP on the federal level, and he is a much bigger mess than the opposition.

Comment

Trump is the GOP on the federal level, and he is a much bigger mess than the opposition.
              Wait, run that by me again?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Uh oh guys, University of Utah associate professor of political science Tim Chambless said he sees a potential path for Peterson over Cox in gubernatorial race.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46774252...-challenge-cox
                LOL. That guy's analysis makes no sense (figures, given his place of employment). Gary Herbert's approval rating is 70% (as of last month), which is higher than the percentage of votes he got in 2016. People in Utah aren't dissatisfied with the current leadership.

As for the people that voted against Cox in the primary, the Republicans that claim to "hate" Cox are the same people that "hate" Herbert and Romney, yet both won their respective elections handily. There's no reason to believe Cox will perform any differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                  LOL. That guy's analysis makes no sense (figures, given his place of employment). Gary Herbert's approval rating is 70% (as of last month), which is higher than the percentage of votes he got in 2016. People in Utah aren't dissatisfied with the current leadership.

As for the people that voted against Cox in the primary, the Republicans that claim to "hate" Cox are the same people that "hate" Herbert and Romney, yet both won their respective elections handily. There's no reason to believe Cox will perform any differently.
                  Spencer could be governor for a long time. Does Utah have term limits?
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

That's cute.
                    Potential Path: all the Mormons are quickened in the rapture before November.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                      Spencer could be governor for a long time. Does Utah have term limits?
                      It doesn’t, but Spencer said he’d only run for two terms. Not that a promise like that has ever stopped anyone before.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                        It doesn’t, but Spencer said he’d only run for two terms. Not that a promise like that has ever stopped anyone before.
                        494px-Gilbert_Stuart_Williamstown_Portrait_of_George_Washington.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]10357[/ATTACH]
                          Trigger warning, please!!!

Comment

• Are there really that many Huntsman fanboys?

https://www.ksl.com/article/50000149...e-for-governor

Comment

Are there really that many Huntsman fanboys?

https://www.ksl.com/article/50000149...e-for-governor
                              I doubt that even Huntsman is that big of a wanker.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• There is a lot to unpack in that article:

- Alecia Williams, "a self-described 'volunteer/strategic adviser'” says she is "sure he's aware of their efforts" and hasn't told them to stop.
                                - Abby contradicts that and says the family doesn't know anything about it
                                - Hughes and Wright decline to back to a write-in campaign
                                - Utah GOP chairman says he's confident Huntsman will support the Republican primary process

But my favorite line was:

Huntsman’s daughter, Abby, told KSL Friday that the family “has been out of town and know nothing about these efforts. Anything being done would be by a third party.”
                                Jet-setting out of town right after the campaign loss strikes me as a very Huntsmanesque thing to do.

EDIT: I had a lot of respect for Jon Sr as he was my stake president growing up. Incidentally, he was also Tommy Wright's stake president growing up. Jon Jr., not so much respect for.
                                Last edited by BigFatMeanie; 07-12-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X