Utah Governor Spencer Cox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    besides being a trump supporter, he has the face and voice of a slimeball too. gross.
    His shirt doesn't fit either.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Does anyone know if a new poll is supposed to be released right before the primary? My strategy now will be to vote for whoever is higher in the polls between Cox and Huntsman.

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• This is great. Check out this Hughes campaign compilation of Spencer Cox tweets that are critical of Trump:

https://greghughes.com/coxtweets/

I can't think of a more compelling reason to vote for Cox. Good heavens, I can't stand Hughes.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• ugh. hughes is the worst.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• I saw one of those "Cox = never Trump" billboards on my way to work this morning. Seems like that is Hughes' greatest campaign message. It's possible he could succeed in getting people to not vote for Cox, but that doesn't meant they'll suddenly vote for him. Even if I weren't going to vote for Cox, Hughes would be last on my list of other options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                I saw one of those "Cox = never Trump" billboards on my way to work this morning. Seems like that is Hughes' greatest campaign message. It's possible he could succeed in getting people to not vote for Cox, but that doesn't meant they'll suddenly vote for him. Even if I weren't going to vote for Cox, Hughes would be last on my list of other options.
                It is a very smart strategy for him. He doesn't need a majority. Cox and Huntsman are going to split the sane vote. All he needs is 35% or so. There are enough idiots out that to reach that.

That wanker Huntsman never should have entered the race late like he did.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  It is a very smart strategy for him. He doesn't need a majority. Cox and Huntsman are going to split the sane vote. All he needs is 35% or so. There are enough idiots out that to reach that.

That wanker Huntsman never should have entered the race late like he did.
                  If this "Never Drumpf" strategy doesn't work for Cox then this may foreshadow how Mitt will do on his reelection. It should be a good indication of just how many closet Drumpf'ers there are in the state.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    If this "Never Drumpf" strategy doesn't work for Cox then this may foreshadow how Mitt will do on his reelection. It should be a good indication of just how many closet Drumpf'ers there are in the state.
                    Try to keep up. Cox is not using a "Never Trump" strategy. But that goon Greg Hughes (whom you seem to like) is dedicating his entire campaign to claiming Cox secretly hates Trump (probably true) and showing just how far his own nose is up Trump's rear.

Comment

Try to keep up. Cox is not using a "Never Trump" strategy. But that goon Greg Hughes (whom you seem to like) is dedicating his entire campaign to claiming Cox secretly hates Trump (probably true) and showing just how far his own nose is up Trump's rear.
                      Oh man, that Hughes guy is a snake... He fooled me into thinking Cox is "Never Drumpf"!
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by wally View Post
                        So my serious answer to why I am not a Cox fanboy is simply because i want someone who will not let the legislature run roughshod over them. There is a reason that the Utah GOP REALLY likes Cox (even over one of their own in Hughes) and that is (in my opinion) because they view him as a sort of Herbert clone who will pretty much roll over on most issues and let the legislature do their legislature things. Huntsman when in office the first time around took a much more active roll in his cabinet and in administrating than did Herbert. I view Cox much as i do Herbert: seems like a great guy that is not going to get in the way or do anything noteworthy.

I am interested in Huntsman because i think that we will get quite a bit more "hands-on" leadership, and because as a moderate republican, i like the idea of the hardcore conservative legislature's collective panties in a wad. Huntsman, albeit a privileged wanker, has way more resume and capability to govern than Cox. Cox seems like a nice guy that has really only ever done much in the public sector as a politician, and even then his experience is a little thin there.

Overall though, I think that in contrast to recent Presidential elections, there are no horrible choices on the ballot for Utah Governor. Whoever gets elected will do just fine, I just think Huntsman will do the finest.
                        Greg Hughes is on the ballot. I think you are dead wrong that there are not horrible choices.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I have softened on my crusade against that wanker John Huntsman. Huntsman and Cox should flip a coin and combine forces just so Greg Hughes has no chance. He is a horrible person.
                          Hughes is the most corrupt politician in Utah. If he is our governor, we are fucked. I wonder if Hughes is up to his old tricks of bribing people.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Pretty tight at the top. I hope Hughes keeps trending towards the basement.

https://utahpolicy.com/index.php/fea...ox-in-new-poll

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                              Pretty tight at the top. I hope Hughes keeps trending towards the basement.

https://utahpolicy.com/index.php/fea...ox-in-new-poll
                              Ugh... Bad news and good news. Yes, thank heavens Hughes is tanking.

Comment

Ugh... Bad news and good news. Yes, thank heavens Hughes is tanking.
                                Take heart:

Huntsman and Cox's support is within the margin of error, meaning the race is essentially tied with approximately two weeks to go before the election.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X