Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    oh, brother
    Wonder if he feels the same about inner city black people? Middle America sure has ample advice for other communities.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      Wonder if he feels the same about inner city black people? Middle America sure has ample advice for other communities.
      I'm still here; you can ask me. While you're at it how about explaining why you think I would feel differently about inner city black communities.

Middle America wants to live by their rules and not rules imposed on them by people who don't live in their same circumstances. Of course they have opinions about issues- everyone does- but they didn't oppose Hillary because she refused to impose their will on Urban America. I realize it's just easier to label the anti-hillary crowd racists and bigots but it smacks of smug elitism and intellectual laziness.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      "Outlined against a blue, gray
      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Speaking of middle American, Helena, MT. took down their confederate monument:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/helena-...rate-memorial/

Comment

Speaking of middle American, Helena, MT. took down their confederate monument:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/helena-...rate-memorial/

About 20 people gathered to protest Friday
          That's like half the city. And why does Montana have a confederate monument anyway?
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

That's like half the city. And why does Montana have a confederate monument anyway?
            They have them all over, California, Idaho etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tes_of_America

Comment

They have them all over, California, Idaho etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tes_of_America
              Zero in Utah.

https://www.splcenter.org/sites/defa...itage_splc.pdf
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

That's what I was going to ask.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Nor in Wyoming. Strange, us being such racists and all.
                  sigpic
                  "Outlined against a blue, gray
                  October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                  Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                      how about the matthew shepard monument?
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Fake news. Idaho doesn't.
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• One of the weirdest monuments I've seen is Robert E. Lee Elementary school in Wenatchee, WA. Built in 1955, apparently as an homage to Southern farmers who emigrated there during the dust bowl. Out of all the American schools named after the confederacy, It looks most lonely:

247eba5c15f473bceabd9f8ae4889ae6.jpg

According to this article, there was a debate about changing the name after the Charleston massacre. 90%(!) voted to keep the name as is.

https://www.inlander.com/Bloglander/...nging-its-name

Is there any reason, at all, to have a school in Washington named after a confederate general? And even if there was in the past, is there a reason now to keep it? I think this is a perfectly good example of how powerful the 'what's done is done/it's ancient history/no reason to rewrite history' inertia is in conservative circles. I guess it also doubles as a nice check to remind any African American families of their place that might live there...
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• It bothers me that the white nationalists have hijacked the word "conservative"

Comment

• Only 140 in my state. Looks like we are pretty clean.

IMO the SPLC is fudging the numbers a bit. I looked at the ones in my city, and I am familiar with a couple of them, as I walk by them quite a bit. For example, one is listed as "Monument" with the description of "Last Meetings of the Confederate Cabinet Marker". That's true, as far as it goes, but this is a "North Carolina Historical Marker". The state has them all over the place, and it is basically a metal plaque on a pole. I attached a google image search below, which coincidentally has the marker referenced by the SPLC. The full text is:

"Confederate Cabinet with President Davis held last full meetings April 22-26, 1865 in a house which was located here"

Hardly a rousing call for the South to rise again, especially when you see that there are markers about Sherman's march and the civil rights movement in the same search results.

Having said that, I'm sure in the 140 that are listed we have a few dozen questionable ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                                Only 140 in my state. Looks like we are pretty clean.

IMO the SPLC is fudging the numbers a bit. I looked at the ones in my city, and I am familiar with a couple of them, as I walk by them quite a bit. For example, one is listed as "Monument" with the description of "Last Meetings of the Confederate Cabinet Marker". That's true, as far as it goes, but this is a "North Carolina Historical Marker". The state has them all over the place, and it is basically a metal plaque on a pole. I attached a google image search below, which coincidentally has the marker referenced by the SPLC. The full text is:

"Confederate Cabinet with President Davis held last full meetings April 22-26, 1865 in a house which was located here"

Hardly a rousing call for the South to rise again, especially when you see that there are markers about Sherman's march and the civil rights movement in the same search results.

Having said that, I'm sure in the 140 that are listed we have a few dozen questionable ones.
                                Yeah, nobody should have a problem with historical markers.

Comment

Working...
                                X