Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post

Your never ending attempt to normalize voting for GOP candidates is tragic.

I’ve been trying to tell you for years that there’s little to almost zero difference between voting for Donald Trump and voting for Chris Stewart/John Curtis/Burgess Owens or any GOP candidate since 2016.

If you’ve pulled the lever for anyone besides a Democrat over the last 6 years you are part of MAGA, accept it.
    This may be partly true on the national level, but isn't even remotely true everywhere at the local level. There are many well run GOP states and localities lead by serious politicians who aren't mired down in Trump worship. Although I'm not the biggest fan of Cox, he is a much better governor than Newsome or Hochul.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

This may be partly true on the national level, but isn't even remotely true everywhere at the local level. There are many well run GOP states and localities lead by serious politicians who aren't mired down in Trump worship. Although I'm not the biggest fan of Cox, he is a much better governor than Newsome or Hochul.
      IF YOU VOTE FOR SPENCER COX YOU ARE A TRUMP-WORSHIPING MAGA TROGLODYTE WHO WISHES FOR THE END OF DEMOCRACY AND FASCISM IN AMERICA!!!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post

And I would say people only willing to consider one party are the main problems with our democracy today.

When the other side is so evil that you will put up with anything on your side, you are definitely part of the problem. Yes, it is a huge problem on the Republican side and one of the reason that Trump exists, but exhibit A above shows it is also an obviously issue on the Democrat side.

I haven't voted for Christ Steward/John Curtis/Burgess Owens. I have voted for Mitt Romney and Spencer Cox. I very much consider the candidate far ahead of considering the party.

Also, I don't really care what you label me with. Call me MAGA all you like.
        Nobody wants single party rule.

My point is simple, if all the ‘rational’ and ‘principled’ and ‘smart’ conservatives, which based on polling and apparently is over represented here comprises of ~30% of the GOP, voted straight Democratic for 2 cycles, the MAGA movement dies.

But you guys still pretend that voting for the Coxs and the Maloys and the Youngkins and and all the other rational, principled and smart conservatives will temper the other 70% of the conservative movement that’s been wrapped up in this cult of personality.

The last 7 years has shown they all capitulate to MAGA and the few who even dare stick their heads up get whacked and cast aside.

I don’t know why this is so hard for you folks to understand.

Comment

I’d love to see an example of a state run GOP that’s currently ran by serious folks.

Comment

What is it like to be so much smarter and more intelligent than literally everyone else here? Seems like a burden.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Nobody wants single party rule.

My point is simple, if all the ‘rational’ and ‘principled’ and ‘smart’ conservatives, which based on polling and apparently is over represented here comprises of ~30% of the GOP, voted straight Democratic for 2 cycles, the MAGA movement dies.

But you guys still pretend that voting for the Coxs and the Maloys and the Youngkins and and all the other rational, principled and smart conservatives will temper the other 70% of the conservative movement that’s been wrapped up in this cult of personality.

The last 7 years has shown they all capitulate to MAGA and the few who even dare stick their heads up get whacked and cast aside.

Originally posted by fusnik View Post

I’d love to see an example of a state run GOP that’s currently ran by serious folks.
              Yep. You are definitely part of the problem.

Comment

A fair amount on this list.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

But we both know that you have moved the goalposts so far out of bounds of rational understanding the this won't pass your purity test.

Comment

• How many of our principled non-MAGA GOP representatives voted in favor of an impeachment inquiry for Joe Biden absent any evidence at all? Are you guys sure there's a GOP at all, or is it the Party of Trump now?
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Yet folks like you still vote for people in the party that has uplifted this man for 7 years now.

This nightmare had 3 major off ramps: the Access Hollywood tape, the first impeachment (I still laugh in horror at some of the justifications smart people on this website had for why he shouldn’t have been impeached), and J6.

Your ideology hasn’t divorced itself from the apparatus that carries the dogma thus we are here staring down the possibility of a dictator on day one and a dude who openly espouses nazi ideations because the Dems nominated HRC.

Insanity.
                    I honestly can't remember if I voted for a GOP candidate in the last election or even in 2020. If I did, they certainly weren't ones that endorsed Trump. On second thought, I probably voted for Gov Abbott, but that's because he was running against Beto "flip-flopping more than Romney" O' Rourke...but I can't honestly remember.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      How many of our principled non-MAGA GOP representatives voted in favor of an impeachment inquiry for Joe Biden absent any evidence at all? Are you guys sure there's a GOP at all, or is it the Party of Trump now?
                      The National party is 90% Trump. But that's beside the point here. Biden is corrupt, maybe this will shed some light to see if it's just run of the mill pre Trump corruption or if he was especially egregious. I suspect that it will further hurt the GOP politically to do this since they can't even do basic stuff without stepping all over themselves. Also, the man the GOP supports is more corrupt than Biden could possibly be. The population not in the GOP media silo won't be quite as duped as these politicians think they will.

Comment

The National party is 90% Trump. But that's beside the point here. Biden is corrupt, maybe this will shed some light to see if it's just run of the mill pre Trump corruption or if he was especially egregious. I suspect that it will further hurt the GOP politically to do this since they can't even do basic stuff without stepping all over themselves. Also, the man the GOP supports is more corrupt than Biden could possibly be. The population not in the GOP media silo won't be quite as duped as these politicians think they will.
                        Biden is corrupt?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

A fair amount on this list.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

But we both know that you have moved the goalposts so far out of bounds of rational understanding the this won't pass your purity test.
                          That link is a dangerous rabbit hole to start down. The biggest surprise was New Jersey having the 5th lowest violent crime rate, Tony Soprano notwithstanding.
                          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Biden is corrupt?
                            Of course he is.

Comment

Of course he is.
                              Oh right. Sorry.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I honestly can't remember if I voted for a GOP candidate in the last election or even in 2020. If I did, they certainly weren't ones that endorsed Trump. On second thought, I probably voted for Gov Abbott, but that's because he was running against Beto "flip-flopping more than Romney" O' Rourke...but I can't honestly remember.
                                See here's the issue. Do I vote for someone like Mike Lee, or a grocery bagger who would obviously be useless in the Senate? She was a token candidate with no experience, and no shot. It is the first time I left my ballot blank because there wasn't a write-in option to put in Mickey Mouse.

If the Dems don't put up serious candidates, I'm not going to vote for them. At least they had the sanity not to run anyone this last go-round with Lee and McMullin in the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X