President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beefytee
    Board eye candy
    • Mar 2009
    • 7542

    #11041
    Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    Saying that one person should be removed from office for non-illegal actions while the other should not be removed from office for non-illegal actions is essentially saying that one set of actions was OK while the other was not.
    Biden has already been removed from office.

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #11042
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • LVAllen
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2013
        • 3273

        #11043
        Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        Saying that one person should be removed from office for non-illegal actions while the other should not be removed from office for non-illegal actions is essentially saying that one set of actions was OK while the other was not.



        I agree that he was addressing the arguments made by the prosecution and the defense. So I understand why he wanted to bring it up. It just seemed silly to me to dismiss one - because it isn't illegal - but then say that Trump doing it (which also wasn't illegal) was grounds for removal from office. I think he should've taken an approach more along the lines of stating he believed the argument that Trump was requesting an announcement of a Biden investigation for political gain - and not over actual concern related to Biden doing anything illegal.

        To be clear - I have no problem with how Mitt voted. None at all. I love him too! . I have voted for Mitt at every opportunity that he's run for office and I've had a vote. I like the guy a lot - and I'll continue to defend him for his vote on the senate trial and vote for him again when he's up for election. I'm just saying I'm not sure that was the best way to approach that particular issue in his speech regarding the senate trial.
        Were Hunter Biden's actions illegal? No.

        Did Hunter have a position of public trust? No.

        Did Trump attempt to have Biden's name smeared by exerting political pressure on a foreign country? Yes.

        Was it Trump's intention to personally benefit? Yes.

        Thus, did Trump deliberately influence foreign affairs to benefit himself? Yes.

        Was such an attempt to influence foreign affairs an abuse of the powers of his office? Yes.

        The two situations are absolutely not the same.

        I think Mitt was addressing the way the President's counsel blatantly attempted to claim they were the same throughout the trial.
        Last edited by LVAllen; 02-20-2020, 08:41 PM.

        Comment

        • myboynoah
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 21719

          #11044
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

          For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

          Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

          Comment

          • myboynoah
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 21719

            #11045
            Well, I'm not going to forgive you yet.

            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

            Comment

            • frank ryan
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12373

              #11046
              Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Well, I'm not going to forgive you yet.

              How is he staying married?

              Comment

              • myboynoah
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 21719

                #11047
                Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                How is he staying married?
                Kellyann is some kind of witch, I am convinced. So she's cast a spell on him. He's trying to break free. We need to pray for him.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                Comment

                • BlueK
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2011
                  • 7192

                  #11048
                  Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  How is he staying married?
                  I think George really believes what he says. Kellyann I think probably doesn't believe a lot of what she says. It's just her job.

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69706

                    #11049
                    Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    How is he staying married?
                    I think it is funny. Good for them to stay married.

                    Reminds me of James Carville and Mary Matalin.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Bo Diddley
                      Senior
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 18791

                      #11050
                      Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      I think George really believes what he says. Kellyann I think probably doesn't believe a lot of what she says. It's just her job.
                      Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie... if you believe it...

                      Comment

                      • BlueK
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2011
                        • 7192

                        #11051
                        Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie... if you believe it...
                        Hahaha. But if you read Conway's tweets, he's 99% talking about his opinions about Trump. I don't think he's saying negative things about him that he doesn't actually believe, if that makes sense. the question above was about how they stay together. one plausible explanation would be that Kellyann doesn't believe most of what she says in defense of Trump -- it's just her job. Maybe that's just not true and she is a true believer. I have my doubts about that obviously.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69706

                          #11052
                          Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          Hahaha. But if you read Conway's tweets, he's 99% talking about his opinions about Trump. I don't think he's saying negative things about him that he doesn't actually believe, if that makes sense. the question above was about how they stay together. one plausible explanation would be that Kellyann doesn't believe most of what she says in defense of Trump -- it's just her job. Maybe that's just not true and she is a true believer. I have my doubts about that obviously.
                          Seems a little condescending. And presumptuous.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • creekster
                            It is NOT a monkey!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22661

                            #11053
                            Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            How is he staying married?
                            My question is how do you go from voting for Trump and opposing never trumpers to hating the guy, all in a few months? How could he not see what Trump was going to be? How could anyone be surprised by what he is as president? He is EXACTLY what he was when he ran for president. While I do think it surprising that they stay happy given George's absolutely scathing criticisms of Trump and his policies, which policies his wife promotes, I am more surprised by George's apparent inability to see what Trump was when Trump has never hidden it.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                            Comment

                            • BlueK
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2011
                              • 7192

                              #11054
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Seems a little condescending. And presumptuous.
                              This is one of the examples of what I mean. It's not the only example of her trying to do her best to defend the indefensible. Trump can't be making it easy for her.

                              "I'm talking about alternative facts"

                              That was coined by her once when the press had her in a corner. The phrase alone seems like a nonsensical/desperate attempt to try to cover for an obvious deception by the administration about the number of people at the inauguration.

                              Last edited by BlueK; 02-26-2020, 03:04 PM.

                              Comment

                              • BlueK
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2011
                                • 7192

                                #11055
                                Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                My question is how do you go from voting for Trump and opposing never trumpers to hating the guy, all in a few months? How could he not see what Trump was going to be? How could anyone be surprised by what he is as president? He is EXACTLY what he was when he ran for president. While I do think it surprising that they stay happy given George's absolutely scathing criticisms of Trump and his policies, which policies his wife promotes, I am more surprised by George's apparent inability to see what Trump was when Trump has never hidden it.
                                A lot of people said Trump would modify his behavior and pivot back to something more moderate and presidential once he got the nomination or once he became the president. Or he would surround himself with good advisers who would keep things from getting off the rails, or he would just enjoy the ceremonialism of being the president but leave all the heavy lifting to the VP or others, etc. None of that happened and maybe George turned on him when he saw that wasn't going to be the case. Anthony Scaramucci did the same thing eventually, but it took a little longer.

                                Comment

                                Working...