Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Why wouldn't progressives be happy with this bill? It's a blank check for Trump to use as he sees fit at the border- I mean he surely wouldn't use it to just build more cages, right? Hasn't Trump shown he can be trusted to not fuck over immigrants at every opportunity? I mean sure he just sent attorneys to the 9th Circuit to argue with a straight face that they don't need soap, toothbrushes, or blankets in those cages, but that's just the 'Fart of the Deal' hard at work!
    Last edited by Commando; 06-29-2019, 11:03 AM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Is that for real? If so, it's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen from a president.
      The deleted tweet before that one talked about just leaving a hole in the wall at the border and he'd make all Charman Kim's 'dreams come true' whatever that's supposed to mean.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• So if having kids in detention centers is in humane, what is the humane thing to do? Separate them from their parents and hold their parents in detention centers? That’s obviously not humane. Release them all and just let them go into the US without formally applying for asylum? I guess that’s more humane. What’s the humane answer to the border crisis. I guess I’ve yet to hear a plan from the Dems.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          So if having kids in detention centers is in humane, what is the humane thing to do? Separate them from their parents and hold their parents in detention centers? That’s obviously not humane. Release them all and just let them go into the US without formally applying for asylum? I guess that’s more humane. What’s the humane answer to the border crisis. I guess I’ve yet to hear a plan from the Dems.
          So do you think what Trump is doing now is the equally as good/bad or better than what we were doing before?
          Look at what Commando said regarding toothbrushes and soap. There was recently a case of several childin in custody being left in a van for 39 hours.

I think being kept with their families is better than being separated. That wasn't done for logistics but cruelty.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            So do you think what Trump is doing now is the equally as good/bad or better than what we were doing before?
            Look at what Commando said regarding toothbrushes and soap. There was recently a case of several childin in custody being left in a van for 39 hours.

I think being kept with their families is better than being separated. That wasn't done for logistics but cruelty.
            So you support keeping entire families in the detention centers?
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

So if having kids in detention centers is in humane, what is the humane thing to do? Separate them from their parents and hold their parents in detention centers? That’s obviously not humane. Release them all and just let them go into the US without formally applying for asylum? I guess that’s more humane. What’s the humane answer to the border crisis. I guess I’ve yet to hear a plan from the Dems.
              Going back to the way things were 3 years ago wouldn't be ideal, but would be a huge jump forward. How bout that?

Comment

By the way- who is suggesting that? Do you think that is the only alternative to caging kids, along with mothers with their infants, indefinitely without access to hygiene?

Comment

So you support keeping entire families in the detention centers?
                  No. I don't support Obama's baby jails, either. Good lord-- serious lack of imagination here. Do you think one travesty can only be solved with a slightly less abhorrent travesty?

Try this on-- process them for removal proceedings, file a Notice to Appear with their local immigration court where they'll be residing with friends or family, hand them a list of low-cost/pro bono legal service providers, and let the process, as flawed and in need of reform as it may be, take its course. Studies show that >90% of asylum applicants who are represented attend all their court hearings. Wow- I just saved the U.S. government billions of dollars and bad press for human rights abuses. Holy shit. And I have to argue with people on line about 'what's the alternative' to depriving babies of clean clothes? For fuck's sake, I am at the end of my rope...

One final note- these abuses are done ON PURPOSE to dissuade asylum applicants. That's why 'progressives' don't want to hand Trump a blank check to clean up his act at the border-- because he could end it today without a dime spent. Any free money he gets that isn't designated for a specific purpose by Congress is going to be funneled right down the gullet of his favorite lobbyists, the private prison industry, who are feeding the detainees shit sandwiches so that they can bring home an awesome margin. So the hand wringing and helpless cries of 'what should we do??' ring extremely hollow.
                  Last edited by Commando; 06-29-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• You are a good dude commando, but I think you are arguing with nobody on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      Unrequited love. So sad:

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      Is that for real? If so, it's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen from a president.
                      Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      Is what for real? The tweet, or Trump's infatuation with Kim?
                      Oh, it was real, and it was spectacular.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Why wouldn't progressives be happy with this bill? It's a blank check for Trump to use as he sees fit at the border- I mean he surely wouldn't use it to just build more cages, right? Hasn't Trump shown he can be trusted to not fuck over immigrants at every opportunity? I mean sure he just sent attorneys to the 9th Circuit to argue with a straight face that they don't need soap, toothbrushes, or blankets in those cages, but that's just the 'Fart of the Deal' hard at work!
                        OMG... you are right. I didn't think about it being a blank check. Drumpf could screw over the illegal immigrants and use the money to provide aid for AMERICAN CHILDREN!!! That would be terrible.

47d0a4597711435ba8adaf13524f9628.jpg

Or use it on one of the 40,000 homeless vets. Using American tax dollars on Americans... that is unthinkable. All illegal immigrants need free healthcare before Americans. He would make the UN do its job!
                        Last edited by Uncle Ted; 06-30-2019, 06:46 AM.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Uncle Ted;1419099]OMG... you are right. I didn't think about it being a blank check. Drumpf could screw over the illegal immigrants and use the money to provide aid for AMERICAN CHILDREN!!! That would be terrible.

47d0a4597711435ba8adaf13524f9628.jpg

Interesting. Texas has the most homeless kids and is one of the worst states in dealing with the issue.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jeff Lebowski;1419101]
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            OMG... you are right. I didn't think about it being a blank check. Drumpf could screw over the illegal immigrants and use the money to provide aid for AMERICAN CHILDREN!!! That would be terrible.

[ATTACH]9613[/ATTACH]

Interesting. Texas has the most homeless kids and is one of the worst states in dealing with the issue.
                            OMG... you are right, JL. This is even worse. Drumpf could use that blank check to help TEXAN CHILDREN before helping those poor illegal immigrants.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Uncle Ted;1419102]
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

OMG... you are right, JL. This is even worse. Drumpf could use that blank check to help TEXAN CHILDREN before helping those poor illegal immigrants.
                              Yes!

Btw, I call BS on that 1 in 50 stat.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I think Trump being weirdly friendly with Kim Jong Un is probably something he is doing right by accident.

The South Koreans seem to think Trump is doing a good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X