Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Engineers and scientists are the best kind of people... I am reminded of that every time I read my signature (thanks to SU). Of course, we could some more doctors and nurses as well. But forget the lawyers... We already have too many of them and could use deporting a few, no matter their citizenship status.

Illegal immigration is as the name implies... illegal. Becoming legal would reduce the level of stress for folks but in the current state of things that is easier said than done. Maybe the law makers need to start talking about immigration rather than kicking the can down the road. Drumpf maybe is trying to get them to talk about it. I suspect we will get some half-ass spending bill with the promise from law makers they will do something about illegal immigration but will face yet another shutdown because the law makers yet again didn't act on their promise. The only way to get them to do something about immigration reform, it seems, is to lock them in a room without food or water until they get it done. Maybe Drumpf could sign an executive order to make that happen.
    Just be consistent. The Libertarian Party and the Green Party are both the most open border political groups around. You are just out of step with Libertarians and trend more Nativist.

Comment

• Did anybody mention that Trump's "offer" to extend DACA in exchange for wall funding was a big ass Trojan horse full of devious shit that would gut asylum and protections for children even further than Jeff Sessions managed to do in his little reign of terror? No? I'll spare you the lecture-- it did. Nobody's voting for that bullshit.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Did anybody mention that Trump's "offer" to extend DACA in exchange for wall funding was a big ass Trojan horse full of devious shit that would gut asylum and protections for children even further than Jeff Sessions managed to do in his little reign of terror? No? I'll spare you the lecture-- it did. Nobody's voting for that bullshit.
        It was simply an opening volley to start negotiation.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
          I guess he's in no hurry to get the government reopened, then, because that was an insult of a concession.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
            The problem is it offered nothing that we don't already have with the DACA recipients. All he was "conceding" in it was to accept what the courts have already made him have to accept. It didn't advance anything beyond the status quo. So it was basically a non-offer. He still got heat from the anti-immigrant lobby anyway, so he may have felt he gave up something.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              The problem is it offered nothing that we don't already have with the DACA recipients. All he was "conceding" in it was to accept what the courts have already made him have to accept. It didn't advance anything beyond the status quo. So it was basically a non-offer. He still got heat from the anti-immigrant lobby anyway, so he may have felt he gave up something.
              And it was supremely disingenuous. He conveniently forgot to mention that, in addition to his 'concession' being the current state of affairs already in place since DACA is renewable now and for the foreseeable future of the next couple of years at least, there would be an annual cap on asylum grants where there are currently none and statutory relief for unaccompanied minors from Central America eradicated. AND funding for his wall. In short, a dick move from a first-class dick head. Right in step with character of the real estate guy that stiffs small businesses and contractors.
              Last edited by Commando; 01-24-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I guess he's in no hurry to get the government reopened, then, because that was an insult of a concession.
                Another three day weekend for the House... Thanks Nancy!

Pelosi gives House members a three-day weekend

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 01-24-2019, 02:06 PM.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• What would they be doing otherwise? I'm guessing Pelosi has a good enough handle on when there is a vote coming up to where she can accurately give the House a Friday off or not... and the Senate and the House have proposed multiple bills that Trump has unilaterally rejected and some that McConnel has refused to call a vote on. I guess it is easier to yell at just anybody, though...

Comment

What would they be doing otherwise? I'm guessing Pelosi has a good enough handle on when there is a vote coming up to where she can accurately give the House a Friday off or not... and the Senate and the House have proposed multiple bills that Trump has unilaterally rejected and some that McConnel has refused to call a vote on. I guess it is easier to yell at just anybody, though...
                    They could be at least sitting in the capital watching the paint dry given they are still being paid... unlike some other government employees. Pelosi is making the dems look like a bunch of dumbasses. Of course, that isn't hard to do given they are a bunch of dumbasses.

As for bills, the house (thanks to the dems) shot down two bills that had a good chance of passing in the senate and being signed by the president to give the government workers a paycheck. At least one of those bills was proposed by the democrats, but they voted against their own bill. Yep, they are definitely a bunch of dumbasses.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

They could be at least sitting in the capital watching the paint dry given they are still being paid... unlike some other government employees. Pelosi is making the dems look like a bunch of dumbasses. Of course, that isn't hard to do given they are a bunch of dumbasses.

As for bills, the house (thanks to the dems) shot down two bills that had a good chance of passing in the senate and being signed by the president to give the government workers a paycheck. At least one of those bills was proposed by the democrats, but they voted against their own bill. Yep, they are definitely a bunch of dumbasses.
                      You have no idea what that dumbass will or won't sign. They all got burned in December by that dumbass, and here we are today. McConnell learned that lesson and isn't wasting his time, aside from those two Senate votes today designed to send that dumbass a message.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        You have no idea what that dumbass will or won't sign. They all got burned in December by that dumbass, and here we are today. McConnell learned that lesson and isn't wasting his time, aside from those two Senate votes today designed to send that dumbass a message.
                        Sure I have an idea... I am pretty sure that Drumpf won't sign a bill that doesn't pass both the house and senate.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Sure I have an idea... I am pretty sure that Drumpf won't sign a bill that doesn't pass both the house and senate.
                          He also won't sign a bill that passes both the house and the senate that doesn't include his wishlist.

Comment

Another three day weekend for the House... Thanks Nancy!

Pelosi gives House members a three-day weekend

Thank goodness RepLeeZeldin will be in his office through the weekend commiserating with his fellow congresspeople to find an effective way to break through this impasse.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• The Dump wall is cracking.

GOP senators read Pence riot act before shutdown votes

Frustrated GOP senators read Vice President Pence the riot act at a closed-door meeting Thursday, telling him the partial government shutdown needs to end soon, according to lawmakers in the room.

Republican senators, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), warned the vice president that prolonging the shutdown is not a smart political strategy, in hopes of sending a clear message to President Trump that he needs to resolve the crisis as soon as possible.

Lawmakers vented their irritation to Pence shortly before six GOP senators defected to vote for a Democratic-backed bill that would open the government without funding Trump's proposed border wall.

One GOP senator said lawmakers told Pence "the shutdown needs to come to an end, this is not a strategy that works [and] we never should have had a shutdown in the first place."

Comment

• The Dump wall is cracking.

Shutdown showdown: Senate votes down two bills to end shutdown after Trump agrees to postpone State of the Union

At the White House on Thursday, senior adviser Jared Kushner met with several Latino leaders who lobbied for the president to sweeten his offer to Democrats by including permanent legal status, and possibly a path to citizenship, for young immigrants known as “dreamers.”

. . . . . .

But Kushner emphasized that Pelosi had not made a counter-offer to Trump. He reminded the group that Trump had publicly supported a path to citizenship for dreamers last year as part of an immigration framework that also included hard-line enforcement measures, including a border wall and cuts to legal immigration.

Kushner also suggested that Trump would be willing to take the heat from conservatives on a broader deal similar to the one that Democrats had offered last year — $25 billion for the wall in exchange for a path to citizenship for up to 1.8 million dreamers, according to people in the meeting. Trump had rejected that deal last year amid an outcry from border hawks.

Comment

Working...
                                X