Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    clinton
    obama
    hillary
    obama
    texas
    whataburger
    The Gorilla Channel!

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said the Flake-Graham-Durbin agreement on immigration reform should be considered “dead on arrival” and “totally unacceptable” to President Trump.

"I’d like to leave no doubt where the White House stands on the Flake-Graham-Durbin agreement on immigration reform. In the bipartisan meeting here in the White House two weeks ago we outlined a path forward on four issues, serious border security, and end to chain migration, the cancelation of the outdated and unsafe visa lottery and a permeant solution to DACA. Unfortunately, the Flake-Graham-Durbin agreement does not meet those benchmarks," Sanders said.

In other words, anything that does less than slam the immigration doors the hell shut for everyone forever is unacceptable to President Miller, I mean Trump.

News footage of Trump's "deportation force" as he called it during the campaign pulling DACA recipients out of their homes and carting them away will make for great reality TV though.
      Last edited by BlueK; 01-23-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• on immigration: are you telling me most Americans are more nuanced on this issue than the two political extremes? Who would have thunk it?

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/23/...ration-policy/

Comment

• I actually don't think a deal should be made right now. For one, it's impossible because anything that grants a legal status to the DACA recipients isn't going to be accepted by the extreme anti-immigrant faction that is pulling the strings right now in the White House and in the GOP. So let it go for now. It's stressful and unfortunate for those people, but what is the administration really going to do when it expires? Can they really afford to send out the "deportation force" and yank folks out of their jobs and homes? How quickly would public sentiment about immigration in general shift when those images show up on the news? And 80% of Americans are already sympathetic to the situation of the dreamers according to polls. it's not a winning approach for the GOP to go hardline on them, but the Stephen Millers are fighting for "principle" and will never relent. Reasonable, non-extreme members of the GOP are kind of in a tough spot.
          Last edited by BlueK; 01-24-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            I actually don't think a deal should be made right now. For one, it's impossible because anything that grants a legal status to the DACA recipients isn't going to be accepted by the extreme anti-immigrant faction that is pulling the strings right now in the White House and in the GOP. So let it go for now. It's stressful and unfortunate for those people, but what is the administration really going to do when it expires? Can they really afford to send out the "deportation force" and yank folks out of their jobs and homes? How quickly would public sentiment about immigration in general shift when those images show up on the news? And 80% of Americans are already sympathetic to the situation of the dreamers according to polls. it's not a winning approach for the GOP to go hardline on them, but the Stephen Millers are fighting for "principle" and will never relent. Reasonable, non-extreme members of the GOP are kind of in a tough spot.
            I have no doubt the admin would deport anyone, given some of the recent people they have gone after

Comment

• Schumer offered 25 billion for the wall and no one bit. Let that be the end of any illusion they want a deal

Comment

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said the Flake-Graham-Durbin agreement on immigration reform should be considered “dead on arrival” and “totally unacceptable” to President Trump.

"I’d like to leave no doubt where the White House stands on the Flake-Graham-Durbin agreement on immigration reform. In the bipartisan meeting here in the White House two weeks ago we outlined a path forward on four issues, serious border security, and end to chain migration, the cancelation of the outdated and unsafe visa lottery and a permeant solution to DACA. Unfortunately, the Flake-Graham-Durbin agreement does not meet those benchmarks," Sanders said.
                What a bunch of bullshit. I would love to be at that press conference and ask "how is the visa lottery unsafe?" That's all I would ask. Trump doesn't even know how it works. I'm guessing it's unsafe because it leads to more brown skin in the U.S.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                  Schumer offered 25 billion for the wall and no one bit. Let that be the end of any illusion they want a deal
                  Dems say the funding for the wall is no longer on the table. Trump didn't want a deal, or I should say Miller didn't want a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    What a bunch of bullshit. I would love to be at that press conference and ask "how is the visa lottery unsafe?" That's all I would ask. Trump doesn't even know how it works. I'm guessing it's unsafe because it leads to more brown skin in the U.S.
                    I thought that vast majority of people (some 68%) were against visa lottery in general... and want more of a merit-based system for immigration (nearly 80%):

It is true that 68 percent of Americans said they oppose "the lottery that randomly picks 50,000 people to enter the U.S. each year for greater diversity." And in fact, even more (79 percent) favored merit-based immigration over family-based migration, based on a question asking whether "immigration priority for those coming to the U.S. should be based on a person's ability to contribute to America as measured by their education and skills or based on a person having relatives in the U.S."
                    https://www.npr.org/2018/01/23/58003...o-and-dont-say

I don't think it is an issue they have beautiful brown skin (like myself) or not.

As for the young dreamers, yeah, we need them... We need more young people paying social security, for sure. As for their grandparents (i.e., via "chained immigration") maybe not so much.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      I thought that vast majority of people (some 68%) were against visa lottery in general... and want more of a merit-based system for immigration (nearly 80%):

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/23/58003...o-and-dont-say

I don't think it is an issue they have beautiful brown skin (like myself) or not.

As for the young dreamers, yeah, we need them... We need more young people paying social security, for sure. As for their grandparents (i.e., via "chained immigration") maybe not so much.
                      there are things that can be done to reform family immigration. Maybe limit that option to spouses and kids, or something like that. But "merit based" is kind of a stupid distinction though because it can be any definition someone wants it to be. The person answering for that in a survey is of course going to agree because it sounds good. But as a free market libertarian I don't really trust the government very much to know how to define "merit" very well. Who is to say better than the free market what types of labor are needed above others? And government central planning of major inputs of the economy doesn't generally work very well. You wouldn't trust them to dictate to Apple how many Iphones the economy should produce. Why would they know any better how many workers at one level or profession are needed more than another? It could get even worse when part of the definition of "merit" includes certain countries over others, which is exactly where the Stephen Millers want to take it.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 01-24-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

there are things that can be done to reform family immigration. Maybe limit it to spouses and kids, or something like that. "merit based" is kind of a stupid distinction though because it can any definition someone wants it to be. The person answering for that in a survey is of course going to agree because it sounds good.
                        Ability to "contribute to America as measured by their education and skills":
                        The survey found that 72 percent of Hispanic voters say immigration policy “should be based on a person’s ability to contribute to America as measured by their education and skills,” rather than “based on a person having relatives in the U.S.”
                        http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/23/po...ain-migration/

You know, folks trained to be engineers and doctors or that have some great skills:

Maybe give them a point if they know how use nunchucks and another point if they have computer hacking skills, and so on.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Ability to "contribute to America as measured by their education and skills":

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/23/po...ain-migration/

You know, folks trained to be engineers and doctors or that have some great skills:

Maybe give them a point if they know how use nunchucks and another point if they have computer hacking skills, and so on.
                          You lost me at "daily caller"

Again, I pray for your lost libertarian soul. Come back to us Ted. Come back to the free market and liberty, and stop trusting alt right inspired government to know best.

Comment

You lost me at "daily caller"
                            I found the Drumpf merit plan he proposed last year over on FNN: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/02/politi...sed/index.html

25 points for a Nobel prize... maybe Obama has a chance to become a citizen.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

... another point if they have computer hacking skills, and so on.

If we do that we will probably end up with nothing but russians.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                If we do that we will probably end up with nothing but russians.
                                Trump would be ok with that! let's go for it! In fact, having deep ties to Russia is practically a job requirement for almost anyone who works for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X