Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Here’s a quick and simple one. She wouldn’t constantly tweet embarrassing stuff.
    I'm not sure his tweets (or the lack thereof if Hillary had won) count as something substantive. His tweets alter people's perception of the president. Some agree with them, and his tweets galvanize his supporters. The rest of us view them as further evidence of his lack of professionalism and good judgment. I guess you could argue that they affect our view of the office of the President. From a policy standpoint, however, whether he tweets or doesn't tweet stupid things doesn't have impact on government policies or legislation that affects day to day life.

Comment

Here’s a quick and simple one. She wouldn’t constantly tweet embarrassing stuff.

I agree with you. Liberal judge, slower economic growth vs no embarrassing tweets. Something to think about

Comment

She also would not have spent the last year trying to find someone to blame other than herself for her loss, but that avoids 71's question. Substantively, the SCOTUS appointment and the market gains (questionable not because I doubt 71, but the effect of POTUS on the market itself) are the only thing I can see as well.
        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
          She also would not have spent the last year trying to find someone to blame other than herself for her loss, but that avoids 71's question. Substantively, the SCOTUS appointment and the market gains (questionable not because I doubt 71, but the effect of POTUS on the market itself) are the only thing I can see as well.
          I agree. SCOTUS is fact, market is opinion. Basing it off of the difference in how I would have invested. Pee wee sample size I admit

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            I agree with you. Liberal judge, slower economic growth vs no embarrassing tweets. Something to think about
            Frank BYU71

I'm guessing Frank wants to take another swing at this. I'm also guessing I'm not alone in saying that I think the twitter stuff Trump puts out is dumb - but mostly meaningless.

Comment

• Steve Bannon recently told a reporter he estimates the chance of Trump lasting the four 4 year term at about 30%. Bannon never says or does anything that isn't self-serving, so it makes one wonder what he's planning on doing in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                Frank BYU71

I'm guessing Frank wants to take another swing at this. I'm also guessing I'm not alone in saying that I think the twitter stuff Trump puts out is dumb - but mostly meaningless.
                His tweets this morning probably don't feel meaningless to the people who live in Puerto Rico.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  I agree. SCOTUS is fact, market is opinion. Basing it off of the difference in how I would have invested. Pee wee sample size I admit
                  Yeah, if Drumpf and congress don't come through on those tax cuts for the wealthy I think the market will be toast but at least we all will still have Obamacare. So it isn't all bad.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Yeah, if Drumpf and congress don't come through on those tax cuts for the wealthy I think the market will be toast but at least we all will still have Obamacare. So it isn't all bad.
                    I think the corporate and small business tax cuts are key to continued growth. I am OK taxing the rich like buffet and his secretary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                      Frank BYU71

The fact that you think it was a burn is pretty telling. You keep normalizing and excusing Trump’s antics, including the whole Charlottesville thing. Words matter especially when the president speaks or writes them.

Comment

• He tweets are helping to further racial and political divides in this country. Didn’t realize that was unimportant to so many of of you. It’s also great when he keeps talking about doing dictatorial things like stifling freedom of the press.

Keep rationalizing guys but he is steaming pile of shit as a president and as a person.

Comment

The fact that you think it was a burn is pretty telling. You keep normalizing and excusing Trump’s antics, including the whole Charlottesville thing. Words matter especially when the president speaks or writes them.
                          The fact that you didn't see it as a burn is at least as telling.

I don't excuse his antics. I think he's an idiot. Like you - I didn't vote for him either and won't if he runs again.

But I think that your response was lazy and grabbed for the lowest hanging fruit regarding Trump's failures as POTUS. You are so sure that he's done everything wrong and nothing right that you didn't even give any kind of thoughtful response. You just said his embarrassing tweets.

Sure - one could argue that his tweets are more than just tweets. They represent what he's thinking and potentially are his means of talking about policy too. I get that. But you didn't say anything about actual policy. You mentioned his embarrassing tweets. Which could mean you don't disagree with his policy - you just don't like his way of conveying it.

Quite frankly, if you think that his embarrassing tweets alone outweigh the importance of the economy and a supreme court appointment - I just don't know what to say. You got burned.

Comment

Keep rationalizing guys but he is steaming pile of shit as a president and as a person.
                            Don't disagree with this

He tweets are helping to further racial and political divides in this country. Didn’t realize that was unimportant to so many of of you. It’s also great when he keeps talking about doing dictatorial things like stifling freedom of the press.
                            The political divides and the slow march to an widely divisive political climate started well before Trump. I honestly don't think the political climate in the US would be much different if Hillary would have won. Trump's words/tweets are another symptom of the problem. They're not the cause of the problem though. The cause(s) predated Trump by many, many years

Comment

• Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                              Don't disagree with this

The political divides and the slow march to an widely divisive political climate started well before Trump. I honestly don't think the political climate in the US would be much different if Hillary would have won. Trump's words/tweets are another symptom of the problem. They're not the cause of the problem though. The cause(s) predated Trump by many, many years
                              Agreed and accusing people of not caring about racial and political divides because they don't agree with you isn't helpful either.

Comment

• Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                                I don't think I ever claimed I was too liberal for CB. What I did say was:

For eight years we heard all kinds of hyperbole about how Obama was permanently damaging the country. While I think there was some truth to some of those claims, they were broadly overblown. In my opinion, you're seeing the same type of hyperbole and overreaction to Trump. Not that I like the guy. He's an idiot and a clown. But the lasting damage to the US isn't anything as significant or lasting as some would want you to believe.
                                Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                                As an added comment, I think the largest danger and damage being done in our country today is by the populace ourselves. The polarization and refusal to have a civil conversation with someone who has opposing viewpoints is much more likely to cause lasting damage to the country than anything some buffoon in the White House can or will do.
                                These are decent posts. I’d agree with them, but then I’d be labeled as a redhatter, so I won’t publicly agree with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X