President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #3496
    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Huh, I guess I don't get the issue with the joke other than it being unfunny.
    It's in direct reference to reports from the Trump camp that Barron somehow thought the picture was real, and how despicable Kathy Griffin is, etc etc etc. I thought the tweet was a pretty funny and scathing indictment of the dumb attempt to convince the public that an 11-year old thought that was a real picture.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #3497
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post


      Ken Jennings is a funny dude. A good social media follow.
      Surprisingly about a top 3 Twitter follow. Super sharp.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • frank ryan
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 12349

        #3498
        Sounds like Trump wants to give the Russian compounds back to them. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.2e2ae1718fdd

        It's like he is unaware his connections with Russia are the subject law enforcement investigations.

        Comment

        • frank ryan
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12349

          #3499
          Questions to Trump apologists, if Comey confirms Trump pressured him to end his investigation will it concern you, or would it be more false narrative and evil MSM antics?

          Comment

          • Moliere
            One man.....one pie
            • Oct 2009
            • 27875

            #3500
            Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Questions to Trump apologists, if Comey confirms Trump pressured him to end his investigation will it concern you, or would it be more false narrative and evil MSM antics?
            http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN18R2PO
            Isnt Comey already on record that he had never been pressured to end an investigation? Maybe I shouldn't respond since the question wasn't directed at me.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #3501
              Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Isnt Comey already on record that he had never been pressured to end an investigation? Maybe I shouldn't respond since the question wasn't directed at me.
              Yes but obviously, at that time, Drumpf was pressuring him to say that and lie under oath to congress. Now that Drumpf is now longer his boss he can change his answer.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Crockett
                Junior Member
                • Sep 2013
                • 850

                #3502
                Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                The IC has said the Russian meddling was to help elect Trump. Just because Manafort left the campaign didn't mean he stopped being a member of Trump's inner circle. I don't believe Russia tampered with vote tallies, no reporting has indicated that. Are you following the investigation?
                I believe Russia did and does attempt to meddle in our political affairs, including the recent election. (BTW, this short version and long version videos are interesting videos of a former KGB spy who defected to the US and explained Soviet disinformation and ideological subversion efforts.) But, what did we learn from the most recent IC report? Not much. It claims the Russians preferred Trump to Hillary? Well, case closed, I guess. Lock Trump up. BTW, the Russians preferred Obama in 2008, so does that mean the Russians helped Obama win?

                There is no evidence shared in the latest IC report tying the Russian government (or anyone else) to the spearfishing effort or to the malware that invaded the DNC’s and Podesta’s email systems (maybe they did but no evidence shared). Someone tried to hack the RNC, too, but they did a better job of protecting their information. So who knows maybe the idea was to leak stuff from both parties, but because the RNC is better managed the hackers couldn't and only released what they could (the DNC and Podesta's emails). Even still, did the Russian's make Hillary choose not to campaign in Wisconsin? Did they make Hillary illegally setup a private server and willfully destroy evidence? Did they make voters in Michigan and Pennsylvania choose Trump?

                There is so much innuendo and allusion out there and NO EVIDENCE of the narrative of the Trump team colluding with the Russians to win or that Russia "hacked" the election, which over half of Democrats believes now meant vote tampering. This is evidence of a false narrative taking hold. And, with all of the leaking going on out there if there really was evidence of any collusion I am sure we would have heard it by now.

                The latest Kushner story undermines the collusion narrative, too. If there was collusion before the election, then that would strongly suggest there would be no need for establishing a new back channel. And, again, back channels are pretty common and there is no evidence of any kind of treason here. McMaster, who I have no reason to not trust, has said this is a nothingburger.

                Let's see what happens with Flynn. He, at the least, seems to have made some decisions using poor judgment. However, the FBI has said that there was no quid pro quo with Flynn. There are no charges at this point. Again, let's see, but I don't see any evidence of collusion here between Trump and Russia or that Flynn betrayed the US.

                Is there any evidence or report that Manafort is still involved and helping the Trump team? Never heard any claims of this.

                Also, if Russia was a threat, Obama had 8 years to do something about it. He mocked Mitt for saying Russia was our #1 foe. If Russia did meddle and collude, then Obama did a very poor job of dealing with it.

                One last thing about the narrative. Here is an excerpt from the book Shattered about how the Clinton campaign's blame Russia plan came to be less than 24 hours after the election ended:

                That strategy had been set within twenty-four hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn’t entirely on the up-and-up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument.
                Furthermore, the plan was to push the press to cover how “Russian hacking was the major unreported story of the campaign, overshadowed by the contents of stolen e-mails and Hillary’s own private-server imbroglio,” while “hammering the media for focusing so intently on the investigation into her e-mail, which had created a cloud over her candidacy.”

                The press want to destroy Trump, so they are happy to oblige here.

                Comment

                • Crockett
                  Junior Member
                  • Sep 2013
                  • 850

                  #3503
                  Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  Questions to Trump apologists, if Comey confirms Trump pressured him to end his investigation will it concern you, or would it be more false narrative and evil MSM antics?
                  http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN18R2PO
                  I don't consider myself a Trump apologist and there are plenty of Trump things I won't defend. I am trying to cut through the mass hysteria and inject a little perspective.

                  I might be concerned, but it depends on what we are calling "pressure" here. If it's more of, "hey, Flynn has served his country well. He made some unwise decisions that may have left him vulnerable or he didn't fully disclose everything he should have, but he is a patriot and there was no malice here. I fired him, let's let that be enough," then I won't be bothered. If it's, "drop the investigation or you're fired" then yeah I am concerned. I'd also like to see Comey's memos from his time serving under Obama.

                  Comment

                  • Crockett
                    Junior Member
                    • Sep 2013
                    • 850

                    #3504
                    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Isnt Comey already on record that he had never been pressured to end an investigation? Maybe I shouldn't respond since the question wasn't directed at me.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • Crockett
                      Junior Member
                      • Sep 2013
                      • 850

                      #3505

                      Comment

                      • Crockett
                        Junior Member
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 850

                        #3506
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post


                        That picture must have been taken in Utah.

                        Comment

                        • Uncle Ted
                          The Big 12 money shot.
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 28853

                          #3507
                          Originally posted by Crockett View Post

                          Oh come on, Crock... We all know that Comey was being pressured by Drumpf to say that. Just ask Frank.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37973

                            #3508
                            Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                            That picture must have been taken in Utah.
                            I can't believe Nayvie didn't make the cut.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Bo Diddley
                              Senior
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 18786

                              #3509
                              We just got this photo to replace Obama's on our wall. Hail to the Chief!

                              scan.jpg

                              Comment

                              • CardiacCoug
                                вот так штука
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 11013

                                #3510
                                Would have been smart to wait a few more months at least before changing the picture.

                                Comment

                                Working...