President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • frank ryan
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 12382

    #22141
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Harris would be such a terrible candidate.
    I don't know who would be excited about her. She has Hillary vibes now.

    Comment

    • frank ryan
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12382

      #22142
      Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

      I agree. Both are skilled politicians who have moved toward the center on some issues. But I don’t think MAGA supporters will give them credit for those shifts. They’ll keep running against the earlier positions. I also think they each carry political liabilities beyond where they stand on issues.
      There is nothing a Democrat could do to soothe fears of liberalism when it comes to MAGA. It's akin to a religion and this point. But one that depends on adversaries.

      Hell, Biden was moderate, but MAGA would call him a communist.

      Comment

      • The_Tick
        Made something of myself
        • Nov 2008
        • 7297

        #22143
        Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

        There is nothing a Democrat could do to soothe fears of liberalism when it comes to MAGA. It's akin to a religion and this point. But one that depends on adversaries.

        Hell, Biden was moderate, but MAGA would call him a communist.
        I'd vote for a Democrat. I wont vote for a Democrat that is attached to California.

        And I wont vote for a Democrat that is for open borders. Find me a Democrat that is willing to look at U.S. self-interest first, and I will sign right up.

        Comment

        • BlueK
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 7195

          #22144
          Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

          I'd vote for a Democrat. I wont vote for a Democrat that is attached to California.

          And I wont vote for a Democrat that is for open borders. Find me a Democrat that is willing to look at U.S. self-interest first, and I will sign right up.
          Define "open borders." Ideally, what kind of immigration policy would you agree with?

          Comment

          • Moliere
            One man.....one pie
            • Oct 2009
            • 27893

            #22145
            Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

            There is nothing a Democrat could do to soothe fears of liberalism when it comes to MAGA. It's akin to a religion and this point. But one that depends on adversaries.

            Hell, Biden was moderate, but MAGA would call him a communist.
            Biden was a moderate but he let some very progressive people run certain things in his presidency. I mean, the guy wasn’t exactly handling the day to day of anything for the last two years of his presidency.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

            Comment

            • frank ryan
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12382

              #22146
              Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

              I'd vote for a Democrat. I wont vote for a Democrat that is attached to California.

              And I wont vote for a Democrat that is for open borders. Find me a Democrat that is willing to look at U.S. self-interest first, and I will sign right up.
              No one is "open borders," that I'm aware of. Maybe some DSA peeps

              Comment

              • BlueK
                Senior Member
                • May 2011
                • 7195

                #22147
                Trump trying to ban certain news outlets from the White House based only on disagreeing with their coverage is as unconstitutional, un-American, and disgusting as it gets. There are no words strong enough to condemn this nakedly blatant attack on our freedoms.

                This is fascist behavior. No apologies.

                We already know the script...Trump will lose in the lower courts only to appeal and waste the Supreme Court's time again to rule on a no-brainer First Amendment issue and give Thomas and Alito another chance to put on their clown suit.

                Comment

                • Moliere
                  One man.....one pie
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 27893

                  #22148
                  Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

                  No one is "open borders," that I'm aware of. Maybe some DSA peeps
                  A lot of progressive democrats are open borders supporters. Keep in mind that I classify open border people as ones that want to decriminalize unauthorized border crossings or that want to fully abolish ICE without replacing it with a department that can deport people.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                  Comment

                  • frank ryan
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12382

                    #22149
                    Originally posted by Moliere View Post

                    A lot of progressive democrats are open borders supporters. Keep in mind that I classify open border people as ones that want to decriminalize unauthorized border crossings or that want to fully abolish ICE without replacing it with a department that can deport people.
                    That makes more sense. I still don't think you'd find a ton of people. As far I know unlawful border crossings aren't crimes.

                    ICE needs to be changed or have a rebirth. As it stands now it's a police brutality factory.

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37996

                      #22150
                      Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

                      I wont vote for either of those two. I also wont vote for Vance.

                      I'd vote for Rubio. I'd vote for Shapiro.

                      But if it is Vance, Harris, or Newsom...I'll end up voting 3rd party.
                      I would never vote for Vance or Rubio. Vance is a liar and shape-shifter. Rubio is just white-washing Trump's bullshit until he can run again. Not a fan of that.

                      I wouldn't vote for Harris, but I would vote for Newsom over any of the current Rs that are jostling for position. Rs (Trump and all the Rs who did SHIT to stop or control him) can fuck right off.

                      Having said all that, I would prefer Shapiro or someone like him. Newsom is going to get 100 tons of shit dumped on him because he's a California D and the focus of Rs' hate and boogeymandary.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • LVAllen
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 3277

                        #22151
                        Originally posted by frank ryan View Post

                        That makes more sense. I still don't think you'd find a ton of people. As far I know unlawful border crossings aren't crimes.

                        ICE needs to be changed or have a rebirth. As it stands now it's a police brutality factory.
                        Improper entry between border crossings is a misdemeanor. Re-entering after being deported is a felony. Being physically present in the US without immigration documents is not a crime.

                        The main issue is that asylum is a lawful means of immigration, regardless of how the person enters the country. In fact, you must be physically present in the US in order to request it. The Millerites don't see it as legal immigration at all because it helps brown people. They assume anyone who applies for asylum is automatically fraudulent. They encourage Mexican and US border enforcement to physically block asylum seekers from reaching the US border crossing where they could request asylum. Once in the US, they can affirmatively request it or raise it as a defense to civil removal proceedings.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69730

                          #22152
                          Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          Trump trying to ban certain news outlets from the White House based only on disagreeing with their coverage is as unconstitutional, un-American, and disgusting as it gets. There are no words strong enough to condemn this nakedly blatant attack on our freedoms.

                          This is fascist behavior. No apologies.

                          We already know the script...Trump will lose in the lower courts only to appeal and waste the Supreme Court's time again to rule on a no-brainer First Amendment issue and give Thomas and Alito another chance to put on their clown suit.
                          Part 1 of script is complete. A judge reversed the ban (stayed it for a couple of weeks?) in an overnight ruling.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • BlueK
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2011
                            • 7195

                            #22153


                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                            Part 1 of script is complete. A judge reversed the ban (stayed it for a couple of weeks?) in an overnight ruling.
                            And Trump is so far ignoring the court order to restore their credentials.

                            Comment

                            • The_Tick
                              Made something of myself
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7297

                              #22154
                              Originally posted by BlueK View Post

                              Define "open borders." Ideally, what kind of immigration policy would you agree with?
                              Well I am probably going to get flame/roasted for this...but this is my own personal belief.

                              1. I am not for asylum seeking that is more than one border over. We should provide asylum for people from Canada and Mexico. If you cross a border to get into Canada or Mexico, then no Asylum. At that point you are cherry picking.

                              2. I am all for immigration. And I am okay for folks coming here. But no social support. No housing help, food help, medical help. Now...I am not a heartless person. I think of it logically. I would be all for providing minimal support for folks to get on their feet. But the problem is, as a society, once we provide help we never stop providing help. Because that is mean and wrong. If we turned off social service support, people would stop immigrating here.

                              Comment

                              • Donuthole
                                Official Outgayer
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 25271

                                #22155
                                Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

                                Well I am probably going to get flame/roasted for this...but this is my own personal belief.

                                1. I am not for asylum seeking that is more than one border over. We should provide asylum for people from Canada and Mexico. If you cross a border to get into Canada or Mexico, then no Asylum. At that point you are cherry picking.

                                2. I am all for immigration. And I am okay for folks coming here. But no social support. No housing help, food help, medical help. Now...I am not a heartless person. I think of it logically. I would be all for providing minimal support for folks to get on their feet. But the problem is, as a society, once we provide help we never stop providing help. Because that is mean and wrong. If we turned off social service support, people would stop immigrating here.
                                Yeah, the root question is, why do you want people to stop immigrating here? I know the surface answer is taxes, but anyone who is middle to upper middle class is not living a starkly different life paying 24% in taxes than they would be living if they were paying 22% taxes or even 14%. So this answer generally falls flat, and is not really the answer.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                                Comment

                                Working...