Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    Worst case he's crazy like a fox and is shrewdly trying to undermine our democratic/Constitutional institutions and norms so he can eventually replace those with something else.
    fify
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      fify
      yup. if he were dem acting and saying the same things and every Republican would be going even more ballistic than they were over Obama's words and actions.

Comment

That's the best case scenario, but even if that's all it is, he needs to get out. You can't be an effective president like that.

Worst case he's crazy like a fox and is shrewdly trying to undermine our democratic/Constitutional institutions and norms so he can eventually replace those with something else.

The media has been carrying water for the Democrats and the CIA since the election. If there is one thing worse than President Trump; it has been the irrational reaction to his election. Your response above (in bold) is ample evidence of that.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

That's the best case scenario, but even if that's all it is, he needs to get out. You can't be an effective president like that.

That's too binary for me.

He seems to have bought into Steve Bannon's revolutionary intent to unmake the Administrative State. That necessarily will attract a multitude of enemies, those with a vested interest in the Administrative State.

He speaks the language of emotion and salesmanship, not the language of law, politics or bureaucratic administration. It is not a precise language but one that embodies raw emotion, one that many feel intensely, no matter how irrational it is. The media speaks the language of law, politics and in some instances bureaucratic administration, and bewildered by the language of hyperbole, lies and outright obfuscation. He most likely has some emotional and relationship issues but those are not what's driving him in this administration. It's not about racism or anything as nefarious as establishing a dictatorship. That shows a lack of imagination. I have no idea if his administration but I don't accept the depiction by the statists or even you. Unfortunately, he will use authoritarian means when possible, just as Obama did.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

The media has been carrying water for the Democrats and the CIA since the election. If there is one thing worse than President Trump; it has been the irrational reaction to his election. Your response above (in bold) is ample evidence of that.
            Yes, I agree that the reaciton is more than a little over the top. Obama used executive orders and adminsitrative actions to subvert constitutional principles., GOing back to CLinton and Bush2 we have seen the focus of civic life shift increasingly to the federal government. BUt it has happened in slow, calm and incremental ways. I am far less worried that a buffoon like Trump could take over the country than I am that a smooth operator who might even think he is doing the right thing, like Obama, ends up rendering our system ineffective or unalterably changed. Trump is like some drunk guy who bangs on your door in the middle of the night begging to use your phone for an emergency. You might let him in and you might let him use the phone but you are going to watch him very closely until he is gone. Somebody like Obama is the next door neighbor you love and your wife loves and your kids love and who is funny and urbane and intelligent and who gives you investment tips that you follow and trust and then you find out is really like a Bernie Maddow, robbing you blind when you least expect it. I am not worried about trump. he will be watched. The overreaction is at times amusing, but it alos might be as big of a problem for our system as trump.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Or maybe you need to be more concerned about your civil liberties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post

Unfortunately, he will use authoritarian means when possible, just as Obama did.
                Bad enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  Yes, I agree that the reaciton is more than a little over the top. Obama used executive orders and adminsitrative actions to subvert constitutional principles., GOing back to CLinton and Bush2 we have seen the focus of civic life shift increasingly to the federal government. BUt it has happened in slow, calm and incremental ways. I am far less worried that a buffoon like Trump could take over the country than I am that a smooth operator who might even think he is doing the right thing, like Obama, ends up rendering our system ineffective or unalterably changed. Trump is like some drunk guy who bangs on your door in the middle of the night begging to use your phone for an emergency. You might let him in and you might let him use the phone but you are going to watch him very closely until he is gone. Somebody like Obama is the next door neighbor you love and your wife loves and your kids love and who is funny and urbane and intelligent and who gives you investment tips that you follow and trust and then you find out is really like a Bernie Maddow, robbing you blind when you least expect it. I am not worried about trump. he will be watched. The overreaction is at times amusing, but it alos might be as big of a problem for our system as trump.
                  Exactly. If you believe the more melodramatic posters on this board (BlueK, Commando, et al), President Trump is both the most incompetent President ever (one that can't even get a simple EO to pass judicial muster) AND he is the second coming of Hitler capable of burning our Constitutional government to the ground.

President Bush was incompetent (in my humble opinion), but he surrounded himself with silver-tongued slick operators that manipulated him into endorsing and adopting positions (and brought the willing Press along for the ride) that did great harm to our Nation. Conversely, President Trump has surrounded himself with inexperienced, bungling novices and faces an adversarial press.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Exactly. If you believe the more melodramatic posters on this board (BlueK, Commando, et al), President Trump is both the most incompetent President ever (one that can't even get a simple EO to pass judicial muster) AND he is the second coming of Hitler capable of burning our Constitutional government to the ground.

President Bush was incompetent (in my humble opinion), but he surrounded himself with silver-tongued slick operators that manipulated him into endorsing and adopting positions (and brought the willing Press along for the ride) that did great harm to our Nation. Conversely, President Trump has surrounded himself with inexperienced, bungling novices and faces an adversarial press.
                      The jury is still out on his cabinet picks, but I agree with creekster's analysis, much to his horror. It shouldn't come too much as a surprise if you bring in a bunch of outsiders if it doesn't go too well. Carter tried that and we see how that worked out.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I assume your facepalm is for the fact that Soledad apparently doesn't understand what the saying "there's no such thing as a free lunch" means?

Also, I'll give Soledad a pass because she's hot.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post

I agree... you can't trust presidents from either of the two parties.

Y'all need to get use to the fact that the likes of Bernie Sanders is the future of the democratic party and the likes of Trump is the future of the republican party. If you don't like this fact then maybe you should be looking for a new party.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I didn't realize that Nicaragua had so many Jews. But I'll stand with them, too!

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

I didn't realize that Nicaragua had so many Jews. But I'll stand with them, too!

lol
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Clearly Fox News is putting out fake news now as well...

Were the hell are we going to get our news from now?
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X