No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I generally like what I hear from Elizabeth Warren, but she has screwed up in a few areas that will make it more difficult to go up against Trump.

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    I think Buttigieg is interesting, but he's hurt because (a) he's like 15 and (b) he's gay which apparently is still a big deal in large portions of the country.
    Buttigieg is the only one I've listened to of the many democratic candidates who seems to have good ideas about all aspects of how to run our country. And I like what he has done so far in his life. I would definitely support him. As for the last thought you've expressed:

Vote for the adulterer
    Not the gay guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
      I generally like what I hear from Elizabeth Warren, but she has screwed up in a few areas that will make it more difficult to go up against Trump.
      Do you mean her "Pocohontas" stuff? I agree, definitely complicates her path and has been handled terribly thusfar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
        Do you mean her "Pocohontas" stuff? I agree, definitely complicates her path and has been handled terribly thusfar.
        That DNA test was dumb. Totally backfired.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          liz warren is a truly horrible candidate. she is a totally unlikeable nerd and will get smashed by trump in a debate. can you be a policy wonk if your policy proposals are some of the worst policy ideas of your generation?
          John Kerry was a policy wonk. It didn’t work for him. Policy wonks are great in Congress. They don’t do well in national campaigns, especially when the other candidate knows how to speak like the majority of voters.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            Nice, but among the dems right now Biden is running away with it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...tion-6730.html
            Yeah, it looks like a landslide (again).
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

liz warren is a truly horrible candidate. she is a totally unlikeable nerd and will get smashed by trump in a debate. can you be a policy wonk if your policy proposals are some of the worst policy ideas of your generation?
              I can see Trump looking better in s debate than her, but not on substance or policy knowledge. He’d bully her and I don’t think she’d handle it as well as others. I think Biden and Sanders would best handle Trump in a debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                You can argue with the economics of free public college or government subsidized child care, or the prudence of lowering the criminal liability for executives or stopping foreign countries form purchasing american farmland (truly stupid), but which of those would you classify as the "worst ideas of my (or was it Warren's) generation?
                her promised antitrust policy, for one.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• We should have all learned to reconcile ourselves to horribly flawed presidents. For one thing, as to economic issues, which I think practically speaking matter most when electing a president, the democrats usually moderate. I think all of these candidates except BS would. He'd be like Trump and really try to reward his base by trying to make his crazy campaign positions happen.

The democrats are going to nominate a woman, not a super old man who is angry and/or addled with all kinds of embarrassing 20th century history. Warren, Gildebrand and Harris all one way or another have roots in established, private property, capitalist America. Democrats talk non-stop about abstractions that are dangerous, but deep inside most of them know that our economic system is the key to our freedoms and everything else incluiding the democrats' popularity. They would moderate like Obama and Clinton. Warren is annoying because she's so intellectually dishonest, she'll say anything to get ahead, a total fraud, but despite her faults as a politician, she seems to be much better at it than the other two (look at the polls!). I'm just being fatalistic and looking on the bright side like I always do in these situations. I think Warren is very well positioned and she wouldn't be the end of the world, though super annoying (not the first time we've had to live with this).
                  Last edited by SeattleUte; 06-14-2019, 11:03 AM.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                    I generally like what I hear from Elizabeth Warren, but she has screwed up in a few areas that will make it more difficult to go up against Trump.

Buttigieg is the only one I've listened to of the many democratic candidates who seems to have good ideas about all aspects of how to run our country. And I like what he has done so far in his life. I would definitely support him. As for the last thought you've expressed:

Vote for the adulterer
                    Not the gay guy
                    Trump would have a field day with his last name.

Comment

• You can disagree with her policies, but I wouldn't count Warren out. She is a good speaker. Not necessarily a motivational one, but you pay attention to her when she speaks. She comes off as an intelligent leader. If she ends up near the top of the democratic group, former Sanders supporters could flock to her. And she would also get a chunk of the anyone but Trump crowd.

The DNA test was a major unforced error, but it happened early in the race. Trump would play the Pocahontas card relentlessly, and she wouldn't siphon off any of his base. How she plays with the moderate and undecided crowd would be key.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        You can disagree with her policies, but I wouldn't count Warren out. She is a good speaker. Not necessarily a motivational one, but you pay attention to her when she speaks. She comes off as an intelligent leader. If she ends up near the top of the democratic group, former Sanders supporters could flock to her. And she would also get a chunk of the anyone but Trump crowd.

The DNA test was a major unforced error, but it happened early in the race. Trump would play the Pocahontas card relentlessly, and she wouldn't siphon off any of his base. How she plays with the moderate and undecided crowd would be key.
                        she is a shrill, uncharismatic cheater who has the only professional experience less valuable than elected official: legal academic.
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

she is a shrill, uncharismatic cheater who has the only professional experience less valuable than elected official: legal academic.
                          Ok, but don't hold back. How do you really feel about her?
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I’m sorry but her experience is more valuable than our reality star, money-launderer conman president. He remains the worst candidate by miles.

I don’t particularly care for, and she is not even my 5th choice but what do you mean by shrill? People called Hillary shrill. It seems like a word reserved for women.
                            Last edited by frank ryan; 06-14-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Lol. I guess she generates some emotion out of voters, which is more than what can be said for half of the democratic candidates!
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

Yes, but don't worry... I think the DNC has a plan for her:

Warren’s consolation prize
                                By chance, Warren was left out of the debate featuring most of the other top-polling candidates — an unlucky draw, according to many Democratic strategists.
                                https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...losers-1365629

I am sure it is all fair & square and Liz will need to just put on her big girl pants.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X