The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #1171
    Julian Castro kicked everyone's ass on the immigration questions. They need to hit the books and get on his level.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • Sleeping in EQ
      Philosopher of Men
      • Nov 2008
      • 4188

      #1172
      Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Julian Castro kicked everyone's ass on the immigration questions. They need to hit the books and get on his level.
      Agreed.
      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

      Comment

      • frank ryan
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 12363

        #1173
        Originally posted by Commando View Post
        That's the most worked up I've ever seen you post.
        SU is very angry toward the nebulous left. Supposedly he doesn’t approve of Trump, but there is scant evidence of that.

        Comment

        • Moliere
          One man.....one pie
          • Oct 2009
          • 27878

          #1174
          Originally posted by Commando View Post
          Julian Castro kicked everyone's ass on the immigration questions. They need to hit the books and get on his level.
          Yep. Too bad he’s like 5’6”
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

          Comment

          • CardiacCoug
            вот так штука
            • Nov 2008
            • 11013

            #1175
            In the recap everybody is loving Elizabeth Warren.

            It’s like she never even claimed to be a Cherokee woman for most of her life.

            Trump can’t wait to remind everybody.

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #1176
              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              In the recap everybody is loving Elizabeth Warren.

              It’s like she never even claimed to be a Cherokee woman for most of her life.

              Trump can’t wait to remind everybody.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #1177
                Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                I think Julian Castro said that we need to defend the right of trans women to have abortions.


                What a dummy.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #1178
                  Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Julian Castro kicked everyone's ass on the immigration questions. They need to hit the books and get on his level.
                  Yeah and maybe Castro can hit the books on biology.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • myboynoah
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 21719

                    #1179
                    Okay, I have not been paying attention. So Biden and Bernie did not even participate. I can see why not, but was it planned that they not participate? Or did they just regret saying they had "other commitments?"
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #1180
                      Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      Okay, I have not been paying attention. So Biden and Bernie did not even participate. I can see why not, but was it planned that they not participate? Or did they just regret saying they had "other commitments?"
                      The racist and the socialist are in the other dem playoff bracket which plays tomorrow night. With everyone and their dog in the running for the dem ticket they adopted this playoff format. Warren got put in the losers bracket, which seems appropriate.


                      Sent from my iPhone and not some cheap Chinese crap running Android spyware
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • myboynoah
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 21719

                        #1181
                        Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        The racist and the socialist are in the other dem playoff bracket which plays tomorrow night. With everyone and their dog in the running for the dem ticket they adopted this playoff format. Warren got put in the losers bracket, which seems appropriate.


                        Sent from my iPhone and not some cheap Chinese crap running Android spyware
                        So four brackets playing over about month's time and we'll finally have a champion. Excellent.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                        Comment

                        • Sleeping in EQ
                          Philosopher of Men
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4188

                          #1182
                          The pervasive media spin that Warren won is ridiculous.

                          I tend to like centrists who can work with the other side, who are realistic about our debt, who don't go over the edge on identity politics, and who have experience governing. A few folks showed running mate potential on that front.

                          Here's one of my big picture concerns, though:

                          The media behave so as to minimize the importance of people's votes.

                          The whole "election cycle" has become about conservative and liberal media trying to keep their respective cultists hypnotized. There's so much damn framing that they might as well bust out the pocket watch and go Frank Mesmer.
                          We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

                          Comment

                          • Sleeping in EQ
                            Philosopher of Men
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4188

                            #1183
                            The pervasive media spin that Warren won is ridiculous.

                            I tend to like centrists who can work with the other side, who are realistic about our debt, who don't go over the edge on identity politics, and who have experience governing. A few folks showed running mate potential on that front.

                            Here's one of my big picture concerns, though:

                            The media behave so as to minimize the importance of people's votes.

                            The whole "election cycle" has become about conservative and liberal media trying to keep their respective cultists hypnotized. There's so much damn framing that they might as well bust out the pocket watch and go Frank Mesmer.
                            We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

                            Comment

                            • Walter Sobchak
                              Adventurer
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 3815

                              #1184


                              Quartz: Tulsi Gabbard was a surprise breakout in first Democratic debate

                              Aloha!
                              Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 06-27-2019, 04:33 PM.
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                              Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                              Comment

                              • Eddie
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 8098

                                #1185
                                Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                SU is very angry toward the nebulous left. Supposedly he doesn’t approve of Trump, but there is scant evidence of that.
                                Believe it or not, Frank (and I can't speak for SU, so I don't know if this is representative of him) it's very possible to dislike Trump while also being disappointed, frustrated with and even very angry towards the "nebulous left". Disliking some of the dumb ideas coming from the left does not automatically mean someone likes Trump. Just like disliking Trump does not mean that someone loves what's coming from the left.

                                Hopefully more people figure that out before the next election cycle or Trump is a shoo-in.

                                Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                                The pervasive media spin that Warren won is ridiculous.

                                I tend to like centrists who can work with the other side, who are realistic about our debt, who don't go over the edge on identity politics, and who have experience governing. A few folks showed running mate potential on that front.

                                Here's one of my big picture concerns, though:

                                The media behave so as to minimize the importance of people's votes.

                                The whole "election cycle" has become about conservative and liberal media trying to keep their respective cultists hypnotized. There's so much damn framing that they might as well bust out the pocket watch and go Frank Mesmer.
                                That was worth typing twice. I couldn't agree more.

                                Comment

                                Working...