The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69703

    #5731
    Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    So apparently Paul Ryan said in an interview he would step down as convention chair if Trump asked him to. As he said that he was probably thinking "Please?"
    Ryan is being smart. He knows Trump is going down like the Titanic and he doesn't want that stench on him four years from now.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #5732
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • Maximus
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 6020

        #5733
        another day, another lack of independent announcement

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #5734
          Make dating great again.

          Maple Match makes it easy for Americans to find the ideal Canadian partner to save them from the unfathomable horror of a Trump presidency.
          Maple Match is an online dating service that connects Canadians with Americans.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • byu71
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22070

            #5735
            I look to PAC, napper and Paul Ryan for political guidance. I know how PAC feels and waiting on napper and Ryan. I might weight PAC's views a little less than I did before he made an awful choice in 2008. I didn't know it was an awful choice back then, but I expect more out of PAC than I do myself.

            Comment

            • Goatnapper'96
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10924

              #5736
              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              I look to PAC, napper and Paul Ryan for political guidance. I know how PAC feels and waiting on napper and Ryan. I might weight PAC's views a little less than I did before he made an awful choice in 2008. I didn't know it was an awful choice back then, but I expect more out of PAC than I do myself.
              I don't like Donald Trump. I don't like real estate developers in general, and based upon my experience over the years almost ubiquitously specifically as well.

              I think Donald Trump is fake, vain and reflects much about the world I disdain. His current political support worries me moreso about America than Donald Trump.

              I think there are attributes to him being a President that might not be as bad as others might think. I do believe he will cut deals and attempt to get some things done that need done and while I think he is an immoral creep, it is likely that he will not be as beholden to ideology or pet interest groups as the past Presidents.

              I also think his popularity is more widespread than many want to believe and I think he might win. I struggle fathoming it and as much as it worries me, I think it will be the reality.

              I don't know if I can vote for him but I know I won't vote for Hillary.
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

              I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #5737
                Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                I don't like Donald Trump. I don't like real estate developers in general, and based upon my experience over the years almost ubiquitously specifically as well.

                I think Donald Trump is fake, vain and reflects much about the world I disdain. His current political support worries me moreso about America than Donald Trump.

                I think there are attributes to him being a President that might not be as bad as others might think. I do believe he will cut deals and attempt to get some things done that need done and while I think he is an immoral creep, it is likely that he will not be as beholden to ideology or pet interest groups as the past Presidents.

                I also think his popularity is more widespread than many want to believe and I think he might win. I struggle fathoming it and as much as it worries me, I think it will be the reality.

                I don't know if I can vote for him but I know I won't vote for Hillary.
                I would love to have a reason to vote for Donald instead of voting against someone. If the polls show the republicans will hold onto the house, I could see myself not voting or voting third party so I don't soil myself by voting for Trump. However, if it looks like the Senate and House could go democrat, as of now I would soil myself and vote for Donald.

                If the democrats take total charge, I don't want to have to tell my kids and grandkids I sat on the sidelines and didn't even vote against what will happen.

                Comment

                • PaloAltoCougar
                  Semper infra dignitatem
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 16936

                  #5738
                  Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  I look to PAC, napper and Paul Ryan for political guidance. I know how PAC feels and waiting on napper and Ryan. I might weight PAC's views a little less than I did before he made an awful choice in 2008. I didn't know it was an awful choice back then, but I expect more out of PAC than I do myself.
                  Ha! Still proud of your vote for Sarah Palin?

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #5739
                    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    Ha! Still proud of your vote for Sarah Palin?
                    No, but she came attached to John McCain. Besides, at the time she was kind of cute.

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #5740
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • SeattleUte
                        Faith crisis consultant
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 20837

                        #5741
                        YES! I've been saying this. Watching Trump vs. Cruz has been like Stalin annihilating Hitler.

                        http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/10/op...ol-left-region
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                        --Jonathan Swift

                        Comment

                        • San Juan Sun
                          Kicked to the curb
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 9214

                          #5742
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          YES! I've been saying this. Watching Trump vs. Cruz has been like Stalin annihilating Hitler.

                          http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/10/op...ol-left-region
                          Link?
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                          - Ty Cobb

                          Comment

                          • SeattleUte
                            Faith crisis consultant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 20837

                            #5743
                            Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                            Link?
                            You're going to have to trust me about this one.

                            This is very amusing. I want to get on this list!

                            http://nyti.ms/1PWpSUr
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                            --Jonathan Swift

                            Comment

                            • Moliere
                              One man.....one pie
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 27880

                              #5744
                              Bernie is still beating Hillary


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                              Comment

                              • Maximus
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 6020

                                #5745
                                so which republican will sell out to be trumps vp?

                                Comment

                                Working...