Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Feinstien... Now Pelosi:

Pelosi the 'most right-wing'? Only in San Francisco

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is regarded by most Republicans as a far-left liberal. But a recent column identifies the San Francisco Democrat as the “most right-wing" candidate running in her district this year.

Emily Cadei, a correspondent for the Sacramento Bee, wrote Monday that Pelosi -- who'll turn 78 on March 26 -- will be forced to fight off three opponents, all coming at her from the left, when she seeks re-election later this year.
    [...]
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...francisco.html

Clean the house, Cali Dems! I am starting to think that even Karl Marx might be too conservative for them.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      So I had never been to a dispensary before, but I went to one the other day because it is now legal here and I am curious. It pretty much destroyed the stereotype I was expecting. I expecting was tattoos, nose rings, dreadlocks, eyes barely open and stoner drawls, from both customers and what they term "budtenders". While there was a small subsection of clientele that fit the stereotype, the overwhelming majority of the patrons were business professionals, soccer moms, and retirees. I remember looking around and thinking to myself that there isn't a single "stoner" in the group. Then an early 20s guy and his girlfriend came in the lobby and they checked off the expected stereotype.

The "budtenders" reflected their clientele. I was helped by a 40 something soccermom named Karen. I don't smoke and don't really want to start so i was interesting in edible options. Karen told me about several products that she routinely uses and I wound up settling on a package of chocolate covered espresso beans that have a 5mg dose of THC per bean. I don't know how often i will partake but my experience was overwhelmingly positive and not at all what I expected.
      The two things that stood out to me the most when I went to a legal dispensary were that it was basically an Apple store for marijuana and that they didn't sell Frisbees. I wasn't planning on buying anything (just curious what one was like), but if I was going to buy something I had no clue how to even get it home as I didn't bring a Frisbee with me.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• People in California spend the most on engagement rings...

What Americans spend on an engagement ring in each state, ranked from lowest to highest

• An engagement ring is an expensive purchase — Americans spend $6,351 on average.
        • But when broken down by state, the average amount ranges from $3,518 to $10,241.
        • People in California spend the most on engagement rings, while those in Utah spend the least.

[...]
        http://www.businessinsider.com/engag...y-state-2018-2

Utahns are a bunch of cheap bastards.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          People in California spend the most on engagement rings...

MJs ring cost $599. She picked it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

People in California spend the most on engagement rings...

Wait. This is what is RIGHT with California?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

She knew your budget was crap.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                She knew your budget was crap.
                Yep :sad:

I told her the budget was $2k, which was all the cash I had at the time. Interestingly enough she described what she wanted prior to shopping and the first store we went in they had exactly what she described and it was cheap. I married a farm girl so she was more interested in making our first rent payment than having an expensive ring.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Yep :sad:

I told her the budget was $2k, which was all the cash I had at the time. Interestingly enough she described what she wanted prior to shopping and the first store we went in they had exactly what she described and it was cheap. I married a farm girl so she was more interested in making our first rent payment than having an expensive ring.
                  Me too!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

This was the exact price of Mrs. D's ring when she picked it out. When I went back a month later to buy it, it was on sale for $399! When we announced our engagement to her family, I distinctly remember her older, married sister commenting on how "dainty" the diamond was, then backtracking a bit when Mrs. D told her she had picked it out herself. SIL's ring was, of course, massive. I won't spill too many details, but SIL has since become quite the 8-cow wife (like, for reals), while her marriage has been plagued with financial and other strife. That ring, tho!
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I bought Mrs. PAC's engagement diamond in Provo during the 1974 Spring Term (she was back in California) for $400, and then we shopped for a ring when she came up to visit a couple of weeks later. The night I bought the diamond I had it in my pocket when I went to see a James Bond double bill, including Diamonds Are Forever.

Comment

• LA is making their streets cool(-er)... by making them white:

Los Angeles is spending $40,000 per mile to paint streets white — and it could have a surprising ripple effect on the city

Los Angeles is painting some of its streets white in an effort to keep the city cool.

The white seal coat, made by a company called GuardTop, is sprayed on roads by a truck. A team of city workers with squeegees then distribute the seal coat evenly across the surface.

Dark-colored or black asphalt absorbs between 80% and 95% of the sun's rays, heating up LA's streets up to 150 degrees F. The light-coated streets, on the other hand, reflect much more of the sun's rays and are an average of 10 to 15 degrees F cooler than regular asphalt streets.

While the coatings last for seven years, they are expensive, costing about $40,000 per mile.

But these cooler streets also reflect less heat onto buildings, saving on air-conditioning costs and reducing the effects of climate change.
                        http://www.businessinsider.com/los-a...s-white-2018-3

So white is cool and black is not. Hopefully folks won't take this in the wrong way and make them turn them black again.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

LA is making their streets cool(-er)... by making them white:

http://www.businessinsider.com/los-a...s-white-2018-3

So white is cool and black is not. Hopefully folks won't take this in the wrong way and make them turn them black again.
                          What could be better than streets filled with homeless encampments? White streets filled with homeless encampments.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I hope they distribute sunglasses with the slurry.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• 3 Californias? Initiative to split state may be on November ballot

Should the country’s most populous state be split into three separate states? California voters might be able to make that decision this fall.

A local venture capitalist’s proposal to break up California, “CAL 3,” gained nearly double the necessary signatures to get it on the ballot in November, which will allow state voters to decide on the partition.

Tim Draper announced Thursday that his initiative had gotten more than 600,000 signatures from registered voters across all of the state’s 58 counties, surpassing the 365,880 signatures required by state law.

“This is an unprecedented show of support on behalf of every corner of California to create three state governments that emphasize representation, responsiveness, reliability and regional identity,” Draper said.
                              [...]
                              http://fox5sandiego.com/2018/05/08/3...er-ballot/amp/

So when this happens, mods, please be prepared to split this thread into three threads.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                I bought Mrs. PAC's engagement diamond in Provo during the 1974 Spring Term (she was back in California) for $400, and then we shopped for a ring when she came up to visit a couple of weeks later. The night I bought the diamond I had it in my pocket when I went to see a James Bond double bill, including Diamonds Are Forever.
                                I have had the rare privilege of purchasing two engagement rings, one at the end school when I was dirt poor and one at the beginning of this decade, when I was once again, dirt poor. The first cost me all I had, which is what my marriage cost me. In 1984 it was $3000. The later ring cost significantly more than that but it was not everything I had.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X