Mia Love - Gaining National Recognition

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #1

    Mia Love - Gaining National Recognition

    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #2
    Perfect answer to the Obama question.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69716

      #3
      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Perfect answer to the Obama question.
      What question was that?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Jacob
        Junior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 6801

        #4
        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Perfect answer to the Obama question.
        I was confused when I read this. But then I watched the video and realized you were talking about the question in that interview. I agree.

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25268

          #5
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          What question was that?
          The second to last question of the interview, starting at 4:25.
          "Let me ask you about President Barack Obama, because he did break many barriers. What were your feelings then, when he won the presidency, and how do you feel about him now"

          "The greatest honor I can do to the American people is to judge the president based upon his policies . . ."
          It was a racially-loaded question and she skipped the racially-loaded part altogether. Good for her.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69716

            #6
            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            The second to last question of the interview, starting at 4:25.
            It was a racially-loaded question and she skipped the racially-loaded part altogether. Good for her.
            Gotcha. Thanks.

            I just watched the interview. She is very impressive.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Viking
              Banned
              • Jun 2009
              • 6470

              #7
              She's a little too conservative for me but I'm still going to give her some dough. She's a star

              Comment

              • Jacob
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 6801

                #8
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Gotcha. Thanks.

                I just watched the interview. She is very impressive.
                I was surprised. She is such a novice, but she handled TV quite well. I don't think she said much that was especially thoughtful or original in that interview. But she came off as reasonably intelligent and media savvy (and of course I like her preferred policies). I was worried she'd sound more like Sarah Palin.

                Comment

                • DU Ute
                  RIP CUF
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 7393

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Viking View Post
                  She's a little too conservative for me but I'm still going to give her some dough. She's a star
                  She has some novel ideas, but Matheson makes sense.
                  "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                  "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                  "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                  Comment

                  • SoonerCoug
                    Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 4680

                    #10
                    Someone explain to me why she is a star.
                    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                    http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                    Comment

                    • Donuthole
                      Official Outgayer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 25268

                      #11
                      Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                      Someone explain to me why she is a star.
                      Explain what you mean by "star" and maybe someone will give it a go.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                      Comment

                      • BYUMizzou
                        Junior Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 400

                        #12
                        Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                        Someone explain to me why she is a star.
                        Trolling again? Read the article. It explains it.

                        Comment

                        • SoonerCoug
                          Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4680

                          #13
                          Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                          Trolling again? Read the article. It explains it.
                          She rattled off some cliches. I didn't think she was impressive at all in the interview. And she used the word "deter" incorrectly.
                          That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                          http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                          Comment

                          • Goatnapper'96
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 10924

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Explain what you mean by "star" and maybe someone will give it a go.
                            Then again much like Francis/Psycho, maybe nobody will give it a go.....
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

                            I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

                            Comment

                            • BYUMizzou
                              Junior Member
                              • Mar 2012
                              • 400

                              #15
                              Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                              She rattled off some cliches. I didn't think she was impressive at all in the interview. And she used the word "deter" incorrectly.
                              I'm from Missouri and have never heard of her before today. I watched the video and read the article and clearly understand why she's considered a rising star. If you claim to not get it, you're probably being intentionally obtuse about it.

                              Comment

                              Working...