Wells Fargo's positive forecast

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37983

    #16
    Wells Fargo's CEO, John Stumpf, steps down in the wake of the unauthorized account scandal.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/bu...-ceo.html?_r=0
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Clark Addison
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10306

      #17
      Washington politicians and consumer advocates may be upset at Wells, but they have nothing on those that work at other banks, who are currently dealing with a full-court press by regulators looking into whether the same problems exist elsewhere.

      Rough estimate is that we are currently putting in 10k to 20k man-hours a week in total on responding to the OCC, CFPB, and the Fed.

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37983

        #18
        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
        Washington politicians and consumer advocates may be upset at Wells, but they have nothing on those that work at other banks, who are currently dealing with a full-court press by regulators looking into whether the same problems exist elsewhere.

        Rough estimate is that we are currently putting in 10k to 20k man-hours a week in total on responding to the OCC, CFPB, and the Fed.
        I do a ton of Wells Fargo work, so I don't want them to go under. Let's spread this mess around!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Clark Addison
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10306

          #19
          Originally posted by falafel View Post
          I do a ton of Wells Fargo work, so I don't want them to go under. Let's spread this mess around!
          I don't want them to go under, and they won't. They are just making my life un-fun. I have gotten 11 emails from my boss in the last 30 minutes, and unlike you west-coasters, it's a while past 5:00 here.

          Comment

          • Topper
            Pre-Historic Man
            • Nov 2011
            • 11764

            #20
            Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            I don't want them to go under, and they won't. They are just making my life un-fun. I have gotten 11 emails from my boss in the last 30 minutes, and unlike you west-coasters, it's a while past 5:00 here.
            I wish Bank of America would go under. That bank is unadulterated evil.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

            Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

            Comment

            • Clark Addison
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10306

              #21
              Originally posted by Topper View Post
              I wish Bank of America would go under. That bank is unadulterated evil.
              Thanks, I wish total misfortune on your life as well.

              Comment

              • Topper
                Pre-Historic Man
                • Nov 2011
                • 11764

                #22
                Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                Thanks, I wish total misfortune on your life as well.
                Hmmm.

                Where were you when Countrywide was pushing those ARMs? I have fought them in court so often, dealing with BofA is always a nightmare as they never negotiate in good faith. My experience may differ from yours. I have seen the under-belly. They were a prime reason for the Great Recession yet skated by with nary scratch. BofA has also treated the entire state of Nevada badly in regards to mortgage modification and other aspects.

                Wells Fargo negotiated with much more good faith than BofA ever did.
                Last edited by Topper; 10-19-2016, 05:57 PM.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                Comment

                • Clark Addison
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10306

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  Hmmm.

                  Where were you when Countrywide was pushing those ARMs? I have fought them in court so often, dealing with BofA is always a nightmare as they never negotiate in good faith. My experience may differ from yours. I have seen the under-belly. They were a prime reason for the Great Recession yet skated by with nary scratch.

                  Wells Fargo negotiated with much more good faith than BofA ever did.
                  Where was I? I was at BAC. Countrywide, on the other hand, was not. I agree that Countrywide was awful. To say BAC skated by with nary a scratch is absurd. The Countrywide acquisition has cost BAC close to $100 billion in losses, lawsuits and fines, not to mention the $20B or so it has reduced its Market Cap. Almost no one at BAC is happy about the Countrywide acquisition.
                  Last edited by Clark Addison; 10-19-2016, 07:07 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Moliere
                    One man.....one pie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 27878

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                    Washington politicians and consumer advocates may be upset at Wells, but they have nothing on those that work at other banks, who are currently dealing with a full-court press by regulators looking into whether the same problems exist elsewhere.

                    Rough estimate is that we are currently putting in 10k to 20k man-hours a week in total on responding to the OCC, CFPB, and the Fed.
                    While the issue at Wells Fargo is bad, I have little sympathy for the big banks when they whine about regulators.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment

                    • Clark Addison
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10306

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      While the issue at Wells Fargo is bad, I have little sympathy for the big banks when they whine about regulators.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I wasn't whining about regulators, I was whining about Wells, who brought down the wrath of the regulators.

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 37983

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                        Where was I? I was at BAC. Countrywide, on the other hand, was not. I agree that Countrywide was awful. To say BAC skated by with nary a scratch is absurd. The Countrywide acquisition has cost BAC close to $100 billion dollars in losses, lawsuits and fines, not to mention the $20B or so it has reduced its Market Cap. Almost no one at BAC is happy about the Countrywide acquisition.
                        Topper Clark Addison
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Topper
                          Pre-Historic Man
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 11764

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                          Where was I? I was at BAC. Countrywide, on the other hand, was not. I agree that Countrywide was awful. To say BAC skated by with nary a scratch is absurd. The Countrywide acquisition has cost BAC close to $100 billion in losses, lawsuits and fines, not to mention the $20B or so it has reduced its Market Cap. Almost no one at BAC is happy about the Countrywide acquisition.
                          That is not enough. BAC has treated its Countrywide asset holders with complete disdain. BAC settlers were often unqualified and treated borrowers horrifically. You were not on the receiving end of the wrath of BAC. I would have fined BAC more severely. There has been no measure of reasonableness in how BAC treated borrowers. It was all about limiting its losses. Borrowers are treated shabbily. I know you don't fashion bank policy, but for borrowers your bank is very awful.

                          BAC is terrible for small businesses. If you are Steven Wynn, maybe you can get some favorable loan provisions, but otherwise, you are screwed when dealing with BAC. The top dogs at BAC did not suffer as they should have.

                          Wells Fargo on the other hand has treated small businesses more favorably and did work outs with borrowers. They also worked more closely with state governments.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                          Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37983

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Topper View Post
                            That is not enough. BAC has treated its Countrywide asset holders with complete disdain. BAC settlers were often unqualified and treated borrowers horrifically. You were not on the receiving end of the wrath of BAC. I would have fined BAC more severely. There has been no measure of reasonableness in how BAC treated borrowers. It was all about limiting its losses. Borrowers are treated shabbily. I know you don't fashion bank policy, but for borrowers your bank is very awful.

                            BAC is terrible for small businesses. If you are Steven Wynn, maybe you can get some favorable loan provisions, but otherwise, you are screwed when dealing with BAC. The top dogs at BAC did not suffer as they should have.

                            Wells Fargo on the other hand has treated small businesses more favorably and did work outs with borrowers. They also worked more closely with state governments.
                            Not sure what you are talking about here. BoA modified thousands of loans in Nevada alone.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Topper
                              Pre-Historic Man
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 11764

                              #29
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Not sure what you are talking about here. BoA modified thousands of loans in Nevada alone.
                              HAMP only. (That modification is for shits).

                              But when Nevada needed them to make non HAMP mods they refused.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                              Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37983

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                HAMP only. (That modification is for shits).

                                But when Nevada needed them to make non HAMP mods they refused.
                                hmmmm, disagree.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...