The horrible backlask of Obama's bow to Islam

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #16
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Can someone fix the title to this thread? Not only is there a typo, it's so inartfully worded. It makes 3D look like an idiot and it's jarring. At first I thought grapevine wrote it.
    3D's genius transcends thread titles.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • il Padrino Ute
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 19161

      #17
      According to the White House, it wasn't a bow.

      http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi..._to_Saudi.html

      Just how stupid does Obama and his goons think the American public is?
      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #18
        Originally posted by utahby5 View Post
        I think there is a dangerous precedent for this type of policy. It comes from England in the 1930s, where the official foreign policy was appeasement of the dictators (Hitler and Mussolini). They systematically disarmed in the name of financial sustainability and kowtowed to Germany, which only emboldened Hitler. Do I think America should work on diplomatic relationships, of course. But I don't think we should appologize for wanting to take the leading role in the world. And I think there is a healthy amount of fear that the rest of the world should have of our military/industrial complex. That fear has diminished and we wil pay the price, IMO. Granted the collective blame lies on both sides of the aisle. I just hope that our trends don't continue as the trend did in the 1930s. I would rather not see my children fight that war.
        Godwin's Law invoked.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • frank ryan
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12375

          #19
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I forgot about the effectiveness of the Surge. It is nice that Iraq is now a democracy and that everything is safe there, which is why we can't pull out immediately or else the whole thing will go to pot.

          Listen, traditionally, all we will get is talk from these folks. But it is nice to see political leaders besides Tony Blair that want to embrace the US again.

          I have to think that Obama's recent rockstar jaunt around Europe made the Republicans bristle a bit. How long has it been since thousands of locals crowded public streets to listen to GWB speak? Or Laura Bush for that matter?

          BTW, no terrorists attacks yet on Obama's watch. He is still a national security genius!
          Bush was a rockstar in Albania. Do not forget that

          Comment

          Working...