Obama with Brown this morning

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #136
    Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
    So I'm going to read about Che, and I'm going to try to fall for the guy. As much as the guy is a T-shirt cliche, he has also lit a fire of ideas in the world, and that fire continues to burn burn in the hearts of men and women. I want to engage these ideas, the idealism, the gumption, etc. and fall in love.

    Then, once I'm in love, I want to take a serious look at the other side of the coin. What are the evil things he did? What is the evidence? How does that evidence shade and color the man I studied in the first place? What must be rejected as a result? What still holds?

    Joseph Smith, Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi... this has been my approach in examining the lives of each of these men. Fall in love, to see the world they tried to create, then study the bad things they did, and try to figure out how those bad things shade and color the man and his ideas. I don't know where Che will stack up when it is all done, but I will return and report.

    Again, DDD, thanks for your thoughts, but that was quite a bit of work to do just to figure out whether or not you wanted to buy a damn t-shirt. You certainly take your fashion sense very seriously.
    This is what I wish evryone would do....reading and thinking, examining all sides of something, are so good for the intellect.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    Working...