Michael Moore explains why he’s different from other multi-millionaires

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tooblue
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 5138

    #1

    Michael Moore explains why he’s different from other multi-millionaires



    Finally, he says, “I made the decision that if I was going to earn a living, it would be done from my own sweat and ideas and creativity. I would produce something tangible, something others could own or be entertained by or learn from. My work would create employment for others, good employment with middle class wages and full health benefits.”
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #2
    I'd be interested in how many people he employs on a long-term basis with middle-class wages and full benefits. Maybe two to three? He's more of a contractor that hires temp workers and then lets them go when his project is finished.

    He'd have a much better arguement had he actually established something real, like a manufacturing facility or a retail establishment, or even some kind of .com that provides something more than a few months of work. Of course, then he would have actual skin in the game and his views would naturally be different.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • All-American
      Right, as Usual
      • Nov 2008
      • 15672

      #3
      I get the sense that resentment comes from a general lack of understanding of what somebody with money has done to get it. Epstein got it right in a recent article: "The only way the rich succeed is by helping their trading partners along the way."

      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

      Comment

      • Commando
        Explosivo
        • Feb 2009
        • 20748

        #4
        It sure seems like he's feeding a few middle class families, providing them with 401K, benefits, christmas bonus...

        or feeding on them.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #5
          Finally, he says, “I made the decision that if I was going to earn a living, it would be done from my own sweat and ideas and creativity. I would produce something tangible, something others could own or be entertained by or learn from. My work would create employment for others, good employment with middle class wages and full health benefits.”
          And other millionaires don't do this? Does Moore really think we're that stupid?
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • myboynoah
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 21719

            #6
            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
            Does Moore really think we're that stupid?
            Well, not us. We're not his target market.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #7
              Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Well, not us. We're not his target market.
              I guess when I read a column or article, I can't help but think I'm the target market.

              I suppose you're right. Moore has made his money because he knows he can't fool all of us, which says he's a bright businessman and knows his customers.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • Viking
                Banned
                • Jun 2009
                • 6470

                #8
                Yes no one either in that class or working towards it aspire to do so.
                Last edited by Viking; 11-15-2011, 05:36 PM.

                Comment

                Working...