No announcement yet.

The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas DA conducting criminal investigation of trooper's actions.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trooper-...obe-1437589219

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Oh brother. He asked her to put out her cigarette. She asked why. He then immediately ordered her to step out of the car. Yeah, she was being a little difficult, but the cop was being an a-hole by any standards. I would say Eddie's description is more accurate than yours.

https://www.facebook.com/attn/videos...10168/?fref=nf
      do you dispute the fact that he only ordered her out of the car after she refused to put out the cigarette?

Again, I am not saying cop wasn't an a-hole.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakoma View Post
        His "order" was for her to "please" extinguish a cigarette she was smoking in her car which she refused to do so, correctly stating she was in her own vehicle. At that point, he ordered her to step out of her car and she refused and it escalated from there. Highly doubtful he was issuing a lawful order. This guy was an idiot and it won't end well for him.
        Sounds about right.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          do you dispute the fact that he only ordered her out of the car after she refused to put out the cigarette?

Again, I am not saying cop wasn't an a-hole.
          Yes, about one second after she asked why she needed to put out her cigarette. Completely outrageous and unnecessary behavior by the cop.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yes, about one second after she asked why she needed to put out her cigarette. Completely outrageous and unnecessary behavior by the cop.
            Agreed.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• A quick dismissal from the department and a lawsuit from the family. Both will be justified.

It amazes me how that cop seems oblivious to how his actions will play out from the dashboard cam evidence. Especially in the current climate of police brutality awareness. He deserves every bit of ridicule that will come his way.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• I assume you can smoke in your own car if you want. However, I am curious is there any law prohibiting filming your interaction with the officer. Most all the videos I've seen seem to have been taken clandestine or by a 3rd party observer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  I assume you can smoke in your own car if you want. However, I am curious is there any law prohibiting filming your interaction with the officer. Most all the videos I've seen seem to have been taken clandestine or by a 3rd party observer.
                  I seriously doubt it. No way could you make it illegal to film a cop's actions in a public setting.

This one appears to be from the cop's dash cam.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I seriously doubt it. No way could you make it illegal to film a cop's actions in a public setting.

This one appears to be from the cop's dash cam.
                    From a parental standpoint, I'm pondering the wisdom of telling your kid to start recording, the second you are pulled over. I think there would be higher liklihood of getting a ticket, instead of a warning. I wonder what other unintended consequences it might cause. Officers, like Trooper Encina don't seem to take kindly to anyone questioning their authority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      From a parental standpoint, I'm pondering the wisdom of telling your kid to start recording, the second you are pulled over. I think there would be higher liklihood of getting a ticket, instead of a warning. I wonder what other unintended consequences it might cause. Officers, like Trooper Encina don't seem to take kindly to anyone questioning their authority.
                      I think I'll just tell my kid to do whatever the police officer says to do.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        I think I'll just tell my kid to do whatever the police officer says to do.
                        And to film it.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          And to film it.
                          meh, you do what he tells you, it will likely be a very boring video.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

She died in jail. Not awesome.
                            You are correct, sir.

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            You could just read the linked story, but I'll play along. He didn't pull her out of the car because she was irritated, he pulled out of the car because she was refusing his orders. I'm not saying the officer is justified, but Eddie's description was most certainly not an accurate description of the events.
                            And...you could just read my original post again. The linked story says that the cop threatened to pull her from the vehicle. I DID read it, and that is exactly why I wrote what I wrote. Straight from the linked article.

I would say he was upset she was irritated. That's why he asked her to put out the cigarette. That's why he didn't just walk away after giving her the warning.

Thank you.

Comment

• True story. Within the first month or two after Oregon changed their speed limit from 55 to 65, I was driving back to college, and got pulled over for going 69 (:beavis laugh -along with 15-20 other cars- outside of Ontario. I was cooperative, and friendly thinking i would just get a warning. When the office came back and handed me a ticket, my buddy spouts off from the backseat, "the county a little low on money this month?" Trooper Hardass goes balistic, asking if I want some additional tickets; I was driving a piece of crap Grand Am, it wouldn't have been hard to find some fine-able offense. Thankfully, my friend shut-up and we were on our way, but I never get why some people feel the need to assert their authority over the littlest thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                You are correct, sir.

And...you could just read my original post again. The linked story says that the cop threatened to pull her from the vehicle. I DID read it, and that is exactly why I wrote what I wrote. Straight from the linked article.

I would say he was upset she was irritated. That's why he asked her to put out the cigarette. That's why he didn't just walk away after giving her the warning.

Thank you.
                                okay.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X