The Police Brutality Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I don't pretend that the victims are blameless. They showed up at a violent event, and they tried to chase down and jump a person with a rifle. That's not smart by any objective standard.
    The thing I get most worked up in all of this is the politics being played by the actual decision makers. Trump has done nothing but stoke the flames of civil unrest from the moment he declared his candidacy. His greatest power is getting people to react emotionally to him. That has been devastating to the already volatile situation we found ourselves in after 8 years of the Obama administration's soft culture war. Without the pandemic, I don't think that the rioting would have happened on the scale that it has. But it did. And the democratic run cities in states with a democratic governor have allowed the rioting to rage as they thought it would help them politically. But it has backfired and now the cat is probably out of the bag, at their cities' expense. All because we have an asshole in the presidency and they thought this was a way to stick it to him. This Kenosha shooting should have never happened. And blame truly lies at the feet of the decision makers playing politics with the lives of the people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Oh sorry... I meant to say the skinhead dude that shouted "shoot me n*gga" and was throwing things at Rittenhouse and the skateboard dude that got into a shouting match with Rittenhouse, chased him, beat him with a stakeboard, and tried to taken his rife: https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/27/w...ally-happened/

And the skateboard dude isn't a wife beater... he just beat his girlfriend and tried to strangle and suffocate her. I am guessing they were just into kinky sex or something. And apparently he didn't have a weapon other than his skateboard so, unlike the guy that got shot in the arm, it was obeying the law by not carrying a gun (being a convicted felon and all). Of course, we will be instructed to ignore all of this by the judge. "OK your Honor... when's lunch?"

My bad.
      that's not how the admission of evidence works. the celebration of someone's death because they have a criminal past feels gross to me, but perhaps that is just me.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        that's not how the admission of evidence works. the celebration of someone's death because they have a criminal past feels gross to me, but perhaps that is just me.
        At the very least, the 100% trust in the criminal justice system that these were bad people because they were convicted is very un-libertarian.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

Who’s celebrating? People died bro. The question here is if the kid was defending himself from these felons that chased him down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            I feel sorry for the almost adult, who obviously did not have the mental capacity to act like one. He will live with the consequences of his actions for the rest of his life. I feel contempt for the kid’s parents and the society that led him to think that it was a noble or even rational decision to take an assault rifle in the middle of a violent protest.
            I agree. I feel contempt for the adults in his life and the societal influences that led him down this horrible path. He has a share of the blame but he has been failed. My son is 17. He is a knucklehead, but I can't imagine in my wildest nightmares him intentionally being anywhere near a riot let alone having a weapon on him.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

curious what you think about the position non sequitor has taken here.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1472893

and here

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1472931
              Last edited by smokymountainrain; 08-28-2020, 10:47 AM.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Who’s celebrating? People died bro. The question here is if the kid was defending himself from these felons that chased him down.

that tweet you posted is celebrating (or at least laughing at) his death because he was a felon. the kid was clearly defending himself and i dont think he's going to get convicted, but felons don't deserve to die because they are felons any more than the next guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  curious what you think about the position non sequitor has taken here.

and here

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1472931
                  nobody here deserved to die. i disagree with the notion that the kid being hurt or killed would not have been a tragedy. i do think it is important to consider the whole context here, including the foreseeability of the consequences of one's actions. i've said it ad nauseam, but the "molon labe"/thin blue line/tacticool crowd is dangerous--not because they're inclined to shoot up schools, but because they think they're helpful when they have no training or ability to be helpful. this kid was failed by every person around him who let those instincts develop in him and by the police who didn't tell him to get the fuck out of there (and instead encouraged this crowd). who would have thought that throwing a bunch of armed civilian boneheads in plate carriers into the mix of an already violent riot would not end well?

Comment

that tweet you posted is celebrating (or at least laughing at) his death because he was a felon. the kid was clearly defending himself and i dont think he's going to get convicted, but felons don't deserve to die because they are felons any more than the next guy.
                    Yeah, that tweet was a bit distasteful, I admit. And did I say "felons"? I meant "fellas".
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

nobody here deserved to die. i disagree with the notion that the kid being hurt or killed would not have been a tragedy. i do think it is important to consider the whole context here, including the foreseeability of the consequences of one's actions. i've said it ad nauseam, but the "molon labe"/thin blue line/tacticool crowd is dangerous--not because they're inclined to shoot up schools, but because they think they're helpful when they have no training or ability to be helpful. this kid was failed by every person around him who let those instincts develop in him and by the police who didn't tell him to get the fuck out of there (and instead encouraged this crowd). who would have thought that throwing a bunch of armed civilian boneheads in plate carriers into the mix of an already violent riot would not end well?
                      thanks for your thoughts. i think we are mostly in agreement.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Yeah, that tweet was a bit distasteful, I admit. And did I say "felons"? I meant "fellas".
                        i don't disagree with your instinct here, btw. the chances this kid gets convicted as charged are very small and, unless more context is revealed about aggression by him, that's the right result, especially because one of the guys he shot had a gun. but i don't want that legal result to serve as a justification that what he did was smart or right or helpful.

Comment

i don't disagree with your instinct here, btw. the chances this kid gets convicted as charged are very small and, unless more context is revealed about aggression by him, that's the right result, especially because one of the guys he shot had a gun. but i don't want that legal result to serve as a justification that what he did was smart or right or helpful.
                          Completely agree. Nobody is a hero here but both sides want to paint it that way.

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

That's a solid take. Agree completely.

Comment

I don't disagree. When you look at the video and strip away all the emotion and politics, what you see is a guy trying to execute a flying ninja kick on a person sitting on the ground holding a rifle and then getting shot.
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

After the jury of his peers watch a few youtube videos of the victims friends beating up business owners and burning their hard work down I don't think they will give a f*ck...

This all is just helping Drumpf get re-elected.
                                In defense of looting...

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X