We're Number One!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69735

    #1

    We're Number One!!!

    In porn consumption, that is.



    The biggest consumer, Utah, averaged 5.47 adult content subscriptions per 1000 home broadband users; Montana bought the least with 1.92 per 1000.
    Looks like republicans are hornier than democrats:

    Eight of the top 10 pornography consuming states gave their electoral votes to John McCain in last year's presidential election – Florida and Hawaii were the exceptions. While six out of the lowest 10 favoured Barack Obama.
    This next quote is my favorite part. At least we try to cut back on our porn viewing on the sabbath:

    Church-goers bought less online porn on Sundays – a 1% increase in a postal code's religious attendance was associated with a 0.1% drop in subscriptions that day. However, expenditures on other days of the week brought them in line with the rest of the country, Edelman finds.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
  • ERCougar
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10978

    #2
    How about this gem?

    Residents of 27 states that passed laws banning gay marriages boasted 11% more porn subscribers than states that don't explicitly restrict gay marriage.
    Threat to the family indeed.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

    Comment

    • landpoke
      Never once baby snatched
      • Nov 2008
      • 4183

      #3
      It's a clean sweep for Utah!

      #1 Per thousand people
      #1 Per thousand internet users
      #1 Per thousand home broadband users.
      There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

      Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

      Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
      Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
      …
      Tomorrow is Saturday
      And Sunday comes afterwards

      Comment

      • Color Me Badd Fan
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 12519

        #4
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        In porn consumption, that is.





        Looks like republicans are hornier than democrats:



        This next quote is my favorite part. At least we try to cut back on our porn viewing on the sabbath:
        I love the explanations on CB. The argument is that the only way to get porn in Utah is online, so therefore Utah is the biggest consumer.

        Of course, that doesn't explain why Montana is dead last. I've spent a considerable time in Montana, it's not smutsville.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #5
          wasn't this already established a couple of years ago?

          Wasn;t there an article in the trib that claimed that SLC lead the country in searches for words like "lingerie" and "strippers" or something like that? Or "sex?"

          Big shocker that Utah is chock full of religious hypocrites.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69735

            #6
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            wasn't this already established a couple of years ago?

            Wasn;t there an article in the trib that claimed that SLC lead the country in searches for words like "lingerie" and "strippers" or something like that? Or "sex?"

            Big shocker that Utah is chock full of religious hypocrites.
            Yeah, but this study seems to be based on more solid evidence. Much more conclusive, IMO.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • The_Tick
              Made something of myself
              • Nov 2008
              • 7297

              #7
              Who pays for porn anymore?

              It is free everywhere...

              This poll is way too low. Free porn isn't accounted for.

              Comment

              • landpoke
                Never once baby snatched
                • Nov 2008
                • 4183

                #8
                Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                Who pays for porn anymore?

                It is free everywhere...

                This poll is way too low. Free porn isn't accounted for.
                A good point, but while it is free and everywhere some people like the slower rhythm and leisurely pace of a full-lengthed feature, something you don't get from a thirty second free clip. And full length isn't free.
                There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

                Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

                Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                …
                Tomorrow is Saturday
                And Sunday comes afterwards

                Comment

                • il Padrino Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19161

                  #9
                  Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  Who pays for porn anymore?

                  It is free everywhere...

                  This poll is way too low. Free porn isn't accounted for.
                  Given the propensity of residents in Utah County delighting in all things gratis, I'm afraid the numbers pointing out that the state of Utah is #1 will not only verify what has been learned, but push it so far out of reach that no other state could ever hope to gain ground.
                  "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                  "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69735

                    #10
                    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                    Given the propensity of residents in Utah County delighting in all things gratis, I'm afraid the numbers pointing out that the state of Utah is #1 will not only verify what has been learned, but push it so far out of reach that no other state could ever hope to gain ground.
                    LOL!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • The_Tick
                      Made something of myself
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7297

                      #11
                      Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                      A good point, but while it is free and everywhere some people like the slower rhythm and leisurely pace of a full-lengthed feature, something you don't get from a thirty second free clip. And full length isn't free.
                      I do computer repair on the side. I fixed my cousins PC two weeks ago. He spends a great amount of time on a porn website similar to youtube and hulu.

                      He thinks porn is the greatest thing ever, and he said they have everything there.

                      He was encouraging me to check it out.

                      I got enough of it cleaning up his PC that I don't need the website.

                      Boobs were in!

                      Comment

                      • wuapinmon
                        Soul Plumber
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 30711

                        #12
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

                        Big shocker that Utah is chock full of religious hypocrites.
                        Now, they'd only be hypocrites if they went around telling everyone that they didn't do it, or that it was okay for them but not anyone else. I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but I feel that this forum's definition of "hypocrite" is a little too broad.
                        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                        Comment

                        • wuapinmon
                          Soul Plumber
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 30711

                          #13
                          I saw some porn last night. I was looking at an old post on my blog for the Top Ten Albums thread and I had hotlinked someone's photo of The Beastie Boys' Hello Nasty album. Apparently they didn't like that, so they swapped the photo for a gay blow job money shot. That's not exactly what I expected to find on my blog, but I made haste to take it down.

                          Mainstreaming of porn culture and all that, we had some photos taken of my son at a Kiddie Kandids in a Babies 'R Us in Atlanta. The lady kept telling us that she had gotten a "Money shot" of our son. When I explained to her what "money shot" meant, she about died.
                          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #14
                            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            Now, they'd only be hypocrites if they went around telling everyone that they didn't do it, or that it was okay for them but not anyone else. I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but I feel that this forum's definition of "hypocrite" is a little too broad.
                            you probably couldn't even get most U-Mo's to acknowledge the problem within their ranks, let alone confront it and deny it.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • SoCalCoug
                              Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5214

                              #15
                              Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                              And full length isn't free.
                              That's what she said.
                              If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                              "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                              "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                              Comment

                              Working...