X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    What is Chaffetz connection to Russia?
    not sure where she was from, but i don’t think it was russia
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      not sure where she was from, but i don’t think it was russia
      He killed five hookers in Texas.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        He killed five hookers in Texas.
        The word killed needs to be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
          What is Chaffetz connection to Russia?
          Don't know, but I'm pretty sure there's a dossier on him somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            The word killed needs to be changed.
            Haha. Yeah, that's probably it.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Please, please no.
              Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              chaffetz could also make a senate run
              Yeah, that Chaffetz character seems pretty popular in Utah... He won the last election with 73% of the vote. Major Curtis only got 57%.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Yeah, that Chaffetz character seems pretty popular in Utah... He won the last election with 73% of the vote. Major Curtis only got 57%.
                73% running unopposed is pretty bad.

In all seriousness, an incumbent Republican congressman running in the most Republican county in the entire country getting 73% is really NOT that great. My congressman (Sam Johnson -- Texas 3rd district) is probably about 95 years old, should have retired 30 years ago, but can still get over 80% in his sleep in a district that is conservative but not as conservative as Utah's 3rd.
                Last edited by BlueK; 11-08-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  73% running unopposed is pretty bad.
                  Running against a democrat in Utah County is the same as running unopposed. I think about the only democrat representative to come from there, that I can remember, was Bill Orton. I liked (and voted for) him.

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  In all seriousness, an incumbent Republican congressman running in the most Republican county in the entire country getting 73% is really NOT that great. My congressman (Sam Johnson -- Texas 3rd district) is probably about 95 years old, should have retired 30 years ago, but can still get over 80% in his sleep in a district that is conservative but not as conservative as Utah's 3rd.
                  Yeah, Johnson needs to retire... Didn't they already name a road (a stretch of US75) after him?
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Kathie Allen is a bozo.

I love how Dems in Utah run super unlikable and unqualified candidates and then complain about losing every election.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                      Kathie Allen is a bozo.

I love how Dems in Utah run super unlikable and unqualified candidates and then complain about losing every election.
                      Politics is all local, as they say. Yes, the Utah democrats nominate flawed candidates. But who would run as a democrat in Utah if they weren't flawed? You start with an assumption that at least 40% of voters would never consider a democrat, and there is little margin for a democrat to win there.

OTOH, Virginia just had a governor's race which featured the most milquetoast, unlikable, boring democrat and a fancy-pants repub lobbyist who embraced Trump. I had the misfortune of being constantly bombarded by their TV ads. The democrat won handily.And Virginia is not a flaming liberal hotbed (like DC). I'll wager that he would have gotten destroyed if the same race had been run in Utah. I think the results of election night, in general, are very bad for Trump/repubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        Politics is all local, as they say. Yes, the Utah democrats nominate flawed candidates. But who would run as a democrat in Utah if they weren't flawed? You start with an assumption that at least 40% of voters would never consider a democrat, and there is little margin for a democrat to win there.

OTOH, Virginia just had a governor's race which featured the most milquetoast, unlikable, boring democrat and a fancy-pants repub lobbyist who embraced Trump. I had the misfortune of being constantly bombarded by their TV ads. The democrat won handily.And Virginia is not a flaming liberal hotbed (like DC). I'll wager that he would have gotten destroyed if the same race had been run in Utah. I think the results of election night, in general, are very bad for Trump/repubs.
                        Lol. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Comment

My old boss was of the extreme flaming flaming democrat feminist group. She moved from SLC to Traverse Mountain back when they were just starting to build up there. Imagine her surprise when she discovered, around election time, that her home was actually on the Utah County side of the border.

I had way too much fun razzing her about the elected officials that represented her - including Chaffetz.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            Running against a democrat in Utah County is the same as running unopposed. I think about the only democrat representative to come from there, that I can remember, was Bill Orton. I liked (and voted for) him.

Yeah, Johnson needs to retire... Didn't they already name a road (a stretch of US75) after him?
                            Orton was a good dude. My view is he was a centrist that leaned a bit right. In those days that's what made you a Democrat in Utah County. Heck, it still might.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              Orton was a good dude. My view is he was a centrist that leaned a bit right. In those days that's what made you a Democrat in Utah County. Heck, it still might.
                              I voted for him. At the time he was the only democrat I voted for. He was pretty moderate. He seemed like a good guy.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                I voted for him. At the time he was the only democrat I voted for. He was pretty moderate. He seemed like a good guy.
                                He was a moderate, a good guy, and the republican running that year was a jerk. Perfect storm. Those are pretty much the only conditions by which a democrat could win in Utah county.

Since Orton, we have had some jerks running (Chaffetz, IMO), but no moderate, appealing democratic candidates. We have also become more polarized as a nation, politically.

Comment

Working...
                                X