Confirmed: Jon Huntsman is a wanker

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pellegrino
    miserere me
    • Jan 2009
    • 12100

    #61
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I guess we are about to see how shrewd Mitt and Huntsman are with money.

    Will either of them be stupid enough to w.a.s.t.e. tens of millions of dollars on a campaign that they cannot possibly win now that bin laden is dead?

    It would be better to wait it out until 2012 when the entire thing will be up for grabs. Is Joe Biden planning on making a bid for the White House? I don't think that is making any republican candidates lose much sleep, nor should it.
    do you mean 2016?
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

    pelagius

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #62
      Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
      do you mean 2016?
      Whoops, yes. 2016.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #63
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        I guess we are about to see how shrewd Mitt and Huntsman are with money.

        Will either of them be stupid enough to w.a.s.t.e. tens of millions of dollars on a campaign that they cannot possibly win now that bin laden is dead?

        It would be better to wait it out until 2012 when the entire thing will be up for grabs. Is Joe Biden planning on making a bid for the White House? I don't think that is making any republican candidates lose much sleep, nor should it.
        I wonder if Babs is going to go all Obama fangirl on us again.

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #64
          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          While I would agree getting Bin Laden was a big plus for President Obama, I still think he gets reelected or booted out based on how the economy is doing.
          Yup.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • Jacob
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 6801

            #65
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            I guess we are about to see how shrewd Mitt and Huntsman are with money.

            Will either of them be stupid enough to w.a.s.t.e. tens of millions of dollars on a campaign that they cannot possibly win now that bin laden is dead?

            It would be better to wait it out until 2012 when the entire thing will be up for grabs. Is Joe Biden planning on making a bid for the White House? I don't think that is making any republican candidates lose much sleep, nor should it.
            Or we see how shrewd DDD is with his political prognostications.
            We already know how shrewed Mitt is with his money.

            Comment

            • RobinFinderson
              Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 10548

              #66
              Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
              Oxy, you should have linked to the actual Huntsman PAC site.

              In my limited exposure to poetry (I like it; I've bought books of poetry; I read poetry, but not very often, and most often in the New Yorker), the Huntsman PAC poem (the poem is not attributed to Huntsman) definitely comes across as "Freshman English caliber," which means that it is probably just right for the average GOP voter who might consider donating to Huntsman (smart, college educated, but not highly literate). I think it would have been smarter to make it a rhymer.

              The REAL problem with Huntsman's PAC is the logo:



              OK, I get it -- the PAC is called Horizon PAC, and their logo is a big red H, ostensibly for 'Horizon,' but obviously for 'Huntsman.' O'bama's logo fit nicely into the letter 'O,' and 'W' was known by everyone as 'W.' We've now lived more than a decade under presidents whose public campaigns were reducible to a single letter, a fact that makes it possible to mention the candidate 140 times in a single twitter message. How cool is that?

              But take a closer look at that 'H.' See the problem with it? Two vertical red bars with a red something in the middle. Now where have I seen something like that...

              ... oh yes, last Boxing Day:



              The REAL problem with Huntsman's PAC is that it is just WAY TOO CANADIAN, and to the GOP faithful, that is about as appealing as a menage a trois with Hillary Clinton and Janet Reno.
              I think that it is worth noting that I am personally responsible for getting them to change the logo for the Huntsman PAC. Note above, how I am referring to the Canadian-esque design of the logo, but the linked image is no longer Canadian-esque at all (assuming we aren't talking about gay Canadians, which is what that rainbow design immediately invokes). A quick Google search for 'Huntsman PAC Canada' reveals no other references to the PAC's Canadianosity. Clearly the Huntsman PAC followed the link to our little Forum and realized the error of their design.

              YOU ARE WELCOME JON HUNTSMAN!

              Comment

              • NorthwestUteFan
                אלוף
                • Oct 2010
                • 3384

                #67
                Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                While I would agree getting Bin Laden was a big plus for President Obama, I still think he gets reelected or booted out based on how the economy is doing.
                Economy is bad, and Obama will do more for the poor.

                Economy is good, Obama fixed it.

                The overwhelming majority of blacks, hispanics, college-educated women, liberals, registered Democrats, and likely more than half of independents will vote for him.

                I am calling my shot. Pres Obama gets reelected with 68% of the vote. If Romney is the candidate, Obama wins with 74%.

                Comment

                • LA Ute
                  Receiver of Memory
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19512

                  #68
                  Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                  Economy is bad, and Obama will do more for the poor.

                  Economy is good, Obama fixed it.

                  The overwhelming majority of blacks, hispanics, college-educated women, liberals, registered Democrats, and likely more than half of independents will vote for him.

                  I am calling my shot. Pres Obama gets reelected with 68% of the vote. If Romney is the candidate, Obama wins with 74%.
                  Well... If you're talking about the popular vote, 68% would be unprecedented, at least since they've been keeping track of the popular vote. Maybe you mean 58%, which would translate into a pretty big Electoral College landslide. According to Karl Rove (I know, I know) that's not likely.
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden


                  "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                  "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                  Comment

                  • NorthwestUteFan
                    אלוף
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 3384

                    #69
                    I meant Electoral College, sorry. I don't see an unprecedentedly overwhelming win, but it would be pretty significant. It wouldn't be Reagan 80/84, or Nixon 72.

                    More like Clinton 96.

                    Comment

                    • LA Ute
                      Receiver of Memory
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19512

                      #70
                      Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                      I meant Electoral College, sorry. I don't see an unprecedentedly overwhelming win, but it would be pretty significant. It wouldn't be Reagan 80/84, or Nixon 72.

                      More like Clinton 96.
                      Yeah, Obama got almost 68% of the Electoral College in 2008 and it's not a stretch to think he'll do that again in 2012. Heck, Clinton got 70% of the EC in 1996 and he didn't even get 50% of the popular vote.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden


                      "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                      "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                      Comment

                      • NorthwestUteFan
                        אלוף
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 3384

                        #71
                        OBL (1954-2011) = 2nd term for BHO, no doubt about it. This single factor flat out trumped the Repub's "strong on defense" party platform. It doesn't even matter who wins the primary nomination.

                        Just like that video that was posted here the other day where Keynes is knocked out by Hayek but is declared the winner anyway. If the economy goes either way Obama will benefit from it one way or the other.

                        The American sheeple will buy his line of reasoning either way.

                        Comment

                        • Jacob
                          Junior Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 6801

                          #72
                          Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                          I meant Electoral College, sorry. I don't see an unprecedentedly overwhelming win, but it would be pretty significant. It wouldn't be Reagan 80/84, or Nixon 72.

                          More like Clinton 96.
                          Clinton won 49% of the popular vote in 96. While it was an electoral landslide, if Obama wins 49% of the popular vote, it will more than likely be really close this time. And Mitt doesn't lose in a landslide.

                          Comment

                          • San Juan Sun
                            Kicked to the curb
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 9214

                            #73
                            Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                            OBL (1954-2011) = 2nd term for BHO, no doubt about it. This single factor flat out trumped the Repub's "strong on defense" party platform. It doesn't even matter who wins the primary nomination.
                            I think it's way too early to see what effect OBL's death has on the electorate. The demise of the unnamed GOP nominee is highly exagerrated. This will be a domestic policy election based upon the economy first and foremost.
                            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                            - Ty Cobb

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #74
                              Don't count on an Obama win in '12 just yet. Batting 1 for the entire season will send a player back to the minor leagues even if that one hit is a walk-off grand slam to win the World Series.
                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              • San Juan Sun
                                Kicked to the curb
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 9214

                                #75
                                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                                Don't count on an Obama win in '12 just yet. Batting 1 for the entire season will send a player back to the minor leagues even if that one hit is a walk-off grand slam to win the World Series.
                                More like hitting a 2-0 fastball (you knew it was coming) to the right field corner driving in the winning run from second. Not a gimme, and it certainly deserves due credit, but not exactly a feat that a lot of good hitters couldn't reproduce.

                                Obama made the right call... but wouldn't 99% of us had made the same call?
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                                - Ty Cobb

                                Comment

                                Working...