Superbowl Commercial Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Borg
    Tour de CS 2013?
    • Dec 2008
    • 1501

    #1

    Superbowl Commercial Thread

    Ok...usually we get the best efforts out of the marketing minds. So...I actually look forward to the commercials during the superbowl.

    Having said that...that second "Doritoes" spot...was BAD! Dude is a serious 'creeper'. Sucking on that dudes finger?? Um...ok. Sniffing that other dudes pants? eewwww!

    This one is supposed to make it's debut...I think it's nicely done. Made me laugh..

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0"]YouTube - Volkswagen Commercial: The Force[/nomedia]
    Last edited by Borg; 02-06-2011, 05:42 PM.
    "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

    Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #2
    That was BYU's ad. I thought it was funny.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • Coach McGuirk
      1
      • Nov 2008
      • 12109

      #3
      Most of the commercials have been total garbage.

      Comment

      • FMCoug
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 6825

        #4
        Tomlin needs to get Doritos for his team ... right away.
        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

        Comment

        • Babs
          Not a Lawyer
          • Nov 2008
          • 17128

          #5
          Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          Most of the commercials have been total garbage.
          kenny g and elton john? These are downright criminal.

          Comment

          • Borg
            Tour de CS 2013?
            • Dec 2008
            • 1501

            #6
            For whatever reason...my "Darth Vader - VW" link isn't working. THought that one was very clever.
            "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

            Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #7
              Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              That was BYU's ad. I thought it was funny.

              Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
              I thought that commercial was hilarious and so far the best of the night.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • Coach McGuirk
                1
                • Nov 2008
                • 12109

                #8
                That car mart commercial was good.

                Comment

                • San Juan Sun
                  Kicked to the curb
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 9214

                  #9
                  I liked the Ozzy/Beiber commercial.
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                  - Ty Cobb

                  Comment

                  • San Juan Sun
                    Kicked to the curb
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 9214

                    #10
                    The Chrysler 200 commercial featuring Detroit and Eminem was funny.
                    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                    - Ty Cobb

                    Comment

                    • FN Phat
                      I ♥ gateway sex
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 8691

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Borg View Post
                      For whatever reason...my "Darth Vader - VW" link isn't working. THought that one was very clever.
                      I loves that commercial. The boy reminds me of my middle child.
                      I'm your huckleberry.


                      "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                      Comment

                      • Color Me Badd Fan
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 12519

                        #12
                        The worst commercial was that utterly confusing "old luxury" Audi commercial.

                        The VW Darth Vader commercial was terrific. Funny and heartwarming. The VW Beetle commercial was also very good.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                        Comment

                        • happyone
                          Board Bookworm
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 5398

                          #13
                          In addition to the Darth Vader ad, I kind of liked the Coke ad playing on the Lord of the Rings (I think) with the dragon.

                          I may be small, but I'm slow.

                          A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                          Comment

                          • Borg
                            Tour de CS 2013?
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 1501

                            #14
                            My vote still goes to the VW mini Darth Vader. Funny.
                            "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

                            Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

                            Comment

                            • Katy Lied
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 9435

                              #15
                              Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                              The Chrysler 200 commercial featuring Detroit and Eminem was funny.
                              You mean the one featuring the GM Building?

                              Comment

                              Working...